Castlevania chapter won't have a map?

Options
Caiman
Caiman Member Posts: 2,292

If Castlevania is releasing in August then according to the roadmap, it won't come with a map. Extremely disappointing if so. A Castlevania chapter but Castlevania itself isn't in it. That's the most wasted potential I can think of.

Comments

• hailxsatanxeveryxday
    hailxsatanxeveryxday Member Posts: 913
    Options

HOLY ######### WE'RE FINALLY GONNA GET DRACULA.

Would have rather had Bela Lugosi or Christopher Lee, but who doesn't love Castlevania? I'll take it. Maybe we could get those as legendary skins.

• Alice_pbg
    Alice_pbg Member Posts: 6,556
    Options

tbf… a map for castlevania would be awful for dbd. too confusing.

• TheArbiter
    TheArbiter Member Posts: 2,276
    Options

I can live without a Castlevania map because we are still getting the characters. Now us not getting a Trickster map THAT is disappointing

• Caiman
    Caiman Member Posts: 2,292
    edited May 14
    Options

Then make it not confusing. It's a big spooky Gothic castle. It's one half of the term "Metroidvania". It's the name of the franchise. Leaving it out is incredibly underwhelming.

• bornagain234
    bornagain234 Unconfirmed, Member Posts: 249
    Options

Its a massive shame to not get a gothic castle

• ArkInk
    ArkInk Member Posts: 548
    edited May 14
    Options

That actually really sucks now that I think of it, but tbf we did just get a medieval map with a magic Castle in it. I would've swapped the current and next chapter and put Castlevania as the anniversary chapter with a map, but ig BHVR had other plans.

Regardless, Castlevania is hype as an inclusion, and Dracula and the Belmont's are gonna be sweeet.

Post edited by ArkInk on
  • arcaneGospel
    arcaneGospel Member Posts: 200
    Options

It is kind of weird that they gave Vecna a map and not Dracula, isn't it? Castlevania is much more known for its location—It's the name of the series, even, when I'm not confident the map for Vecna is even something from any official DnD content.

• zarr
    zarr Member Posts: 898
    Options

Absolutely, skipping out on a dark castle map now that we are set to actually finally be getting a vampire chapter in DbD is incredibly disappointing, all the more so because of how integral to Castlevania its environment is and how much of a horror essential castle settings in general are. Then I would have much rather gotten a vampire character that is not associated with a franchise, it will just feel a bit out of place.

And the castle could even have been the first map to have more than two floors, introducing something wholly unique.

I'm still excited however, and hoping the killer itself will be everything people had wished for and more, with regards to a vampire.

• ArkInk
    ArkInk Member Posts: 548
    Options

Very true. It's probably going to bug me for a while now that it's been pointed out. Castlevania has a ton of little creeps and locations for a good map in the castle, especially since it'd presumably be one of the few indoor maps with a somewhat open interior.

I'll take it though tbh, the new map looks banging anyways.

• Visi
    Visi Member Posts: 48
    Options

Confusing map design is not an integral element of Castlevania aside from Simon's Quest.

• ShyPirate
    ShyPirate Member Posts: 370
    Options

Correct. It really wasn't until Symphony of the Night that the maps got that way. Castlevania 1, Dracula's Curse, Super Castlevania 4, Castlevania the Adventure, Belmont's Revenge, Bloodlines, Rondo of Blood and Dracula X all had linear platforming stages.

Simon's Quest attempted some RPG elements with an open map but for a long time was considered the black sheep of Castlevania games.