Knight should now be able to switch between guards

Options
johntec
johntec Member Posts: 19
edited May 15 in Feedback and Suggestions

Now that the devs decided to introduce a new hud for vecna to chose his abilities, Knight should get a similar treatment and should be able to chose his guards via a similar hud. I think this would offer way more interesting gameplay, at least on the killer side

Post edited by Rizzo on

Comments

• 100PercentBPMain
    100PercentBPMain Member Posts: 490
    Options

Nah. I kinda like how he has to use a specific guard.

I

• C3Tooth
    C3Tooth Member Posts: 8,086
    Options

Eventhough I like to see him can pick guard like Vecna does. But Vecna powers are short time and most are to support him.

I cant even image Knight to have 3 guards on 3 differences cool down and spawn all 3 guards at once.

• GentlemanFridge
    GentlemanFridge Member Posts: 5,382
    Options

I found that you can leave pallets around to dump an unwanted Guard on, and have it cycle through that way.

• RFSa09
    RFSa09 Member Posts: 606
    Options

I played A LOT of knight in the past, the guard cicle is not really a big problem but making old killers have a more modern look is always great

• RhysVMT
    RhysVMT Member Posts: 107
    Options

no

• Caiman
    Caiman Member Posts: 2,199
    Options

I wish BHVR cared enough about Knight to do this.

• vol4r
    vol4r Member Posts: 155
    Options

Yeah, on the killer side, not the survivor side. I don't want to be chased by carnifex all the time.

• SMitchell8
    SMitchell8 Member Posts: 3,301
    Options

Yeah this needs doing. Simple QOL improvement for a killer that needs work.

• MechWarrior3
    MechWarrior3 Member Posts: 1,514
    Options
  • Ohyakno
    Ohyakno Member Posts: 531
    Options

There would be no reason to spawn any guard but carnifex.

• Ohyakno
    Options

This is obviously unintended for knight. His terror radius and body are in a different physical location than the orb.

• johntec
    Options

I disagree. I think all three guards are useful. Sure Carnifex can break pallets fast and chases quiet long, however sending an assassin to a gen is almost always a guaranteed hit and the jailer is good for patroling areas or finding survs. This change would basically emphasize the different roles of the guards. The Assassin sneaks up and hits quickly, the carnifex is the brutal but slow tank and the jailer the scouting role. Would be way more interesting imo

• Ohyakno
    Options

Assassin will get a hit assuming the survivor doesn't know how to run around the nearest rock, doesn't have a pallet or vault nearby, is confused about the concept of pallets and vaults and just stands there and gets hit, or doesn't know to just pre run when the Knight's terror radius briefly drops out when he begins the orb.

Assuming all that stuff then yeah assassin will hit someone. I'm pretty sure if you look at statistics carni gets more hits than the other two combined. He's just better in every way.

• johntec
    Options

Again I disagree, and btw I played Knight quiet a bit now. If you use the add on which makes guards chase 4 seconds longer combined with the map of the realm add on and send an assassin, you'll either get a hit or a pallet very consistent. Remember, assassin is the only guard that has 110% movement speed, while carnivex has 103, so carnivex is the one who almost never catches up. Yes there can be a scenario where a gen is near a window leading to the assassin not getting the hit, but usually that's not the case. And again, Jailor is not used for chase but for scouting and patroling

• Devil_hit11
    Devil_hit11 Member Posts: 6,895
    Options

yeah i play knight like this as well. Assassin his best guard so it would be good buff for him where he can select what guard to use. People that use carnifex would have fast pallet break. Jailer knight players would have consistent haste and do that instant-drop knight play-style and The Assassin Knight players would be playing the game like a ranged spirit.

• Ohyakno
    Options

You think gens aren't typically near map resources? That's an interesting stance.

I'm not sure what "scouting" even means. You're just dropping the jailer around randomly to try and find people? The best case scenario is that jailer hits on someone and begins chase and then.... What? He doesn't do anything on his own and if you don't know they are there you're not going to be in a position to pincer. Other scenario is he finds no one and you have to trundle up to him and turn him off. Last one is someone runs nearby but not in the patrol path and you have to chase them as a killer without a power for 24s or walk over to the jailer and hit it, meanwhile your target is halfway across the map. Hear that? It's two gens popping while you're trying to "scout" with your antiloop power. It doesn't work. It's like you've read knights power and never actually tried to use it or are using it against the worst survivors in the world.

• Ohyakno
    Options

Exactly! Knight is like ranged spirit, same tracking tools. Except you don't actually get a hit when you track someone perfectly and plop out right next to them. Instead you send out a ghost that does absolutely nothing if the survivor has any map resources to work with.

• johntec
    Options

I even said you would either get the hit or a pallet. Yes again in some cases the gen is in a maze tile where the assassin will probably not get that hit, but not all seven gens are in or near maze tiles, some are near filler pallets or sometimes even in a dead zone and the knight player of course adapts to this and only sends the assassin to a gen where a hit or pallet is mostly guaranteed.

Also in another post you compared knight to a ranged spirit, but spirit is a pure chase killer where using her power is almost always a hit or pallet, while knight is all about splitting pressure und keeping multiple survivors busy, so comparing those two killers only because they share a part of their power namely making survivors invisible for them doesn't make much sense.

I guess your problem is that you play knight only as a pure chase killer, which would also be the reason why you prefer the carnifex so much. But that's not his strength, his strength is map pressure, and for this all guards are viable

• MechWarrior3
    MechWarrior3 Member Posts: 1,514
    edited May 16
    Options

Disagree. You can’t keep spamming it either. It would have to have a cooldown