I want to be able to change the killer after the match

I would like to be able to change the killer even after matching.
It can be changed in other games, so I don't think there will be any problems if you change it.

From a survivor's perspective, they don't know who their opponent is until the match actually begins.
In other words, it doesn't matter how much the killer has changed before the match starts.
So there shouldn't be any particular disadvantages.

Comments

• kumarotto
    kumarotto Member Posts: 16
    edited May 4

I'm using a translation app, so I'm sorry if the sentences are weird.

I see.

If so, I think the system is at fault.
    It is possible to change this in games with systems similar to DBD.
    This game has a grade system, but it is different from ranks.
    Ranks are more detailed and should not be considered the same as ranks in other similar games, as they are more detailed and allowed to ban characters and ban abilities.
    I think that the current DBD has a mixture of so-called "casual match" and "ranked match" functions.

I'm a player who just started at the end of last year.
    Even the most skilled killers are not that different from other killers, but the level of the survivors they match is too high.
    (I don't know if the level of survivors is high or if the current environment is too disadvantageous for killers.)

If the level really changes depending on the killer, I don't understand the current situation where any killer matches a high level.

Is it not possible to simply match them to the character with the highest level?
    In that case, if you change to another character and the level drops, it's your own responsibility.

Or maybe it's a good idea to separate "casual matches" and "ranked matches."

• MrPenguin
    MrPenguin Member Posts: 2,425
    edited May 4

It's not just one way.

You could pick a killer you never play and get matched with a lower skill team, then switch to your best killer.

It's done the way it is so you can pick your weaker or new killer and not get destroyed by teams at your best killers level.

Grades are not used to match players, the number used to match players is invisible.

• kumarotto

By prioritizing play skill and having a system that is different from the current system that is separated by killer, no matter which killer you choose, you will be matched with someone with the same play skill to some extent.
    (Although you may also consider the total time played)
    I think that's probably why the system is divided into "casual matches" and "ranked matches."

If you try to select a killer with the current system, you will be matched with a weaker killer, and you will be able to destroy it by changing to a stronger killer.
    Currently, this is not possible because the system of this game does not take into consideration "selecting a killer."

But, it's not impossible, since similar games already allow you to choose your killer.
    This game has constantly updated the character's performance, but the system updates have remained the same.

If the game is to continue to be a popular game, I think we should consider updating the system.
    Of course, I know it's difficult.

• Xernoton
    Xernoton Member Posts: 5,486

Grades are not used for matchmaking at all. Your matchmaking on each individual killer is decided by an invisible number called MMR and it is different on each killer.

This means, that the game is (at least in theory) able to find opponents that are on your skill level no matter what killer you play. If you could switch killers in the lobby, then nothing would stop people from queueing up with their worst killer and then switching to their best, so that they get easier matches.

• kumarotto

Yes, I know that.
    So, as I've written many times, I've said that with the current system, it's probably not possible to change the killer.

That's why I wrote that updating the system is also important as it keeps up with the latest games.

I don't know if the method is to separate "casual matches" and "ranked matches," or to change the match system.

But it's possible in games of the same genre, so it's not impossible.
    Regardless of the method, I just thought that if there was a specification like that, it might be easier to play as a killer.

• YuffieGreatestWaifu
    YuffieGreatestWaifu Member Posts: 192

Separate MMR for killers is useful for players to adapt to new killers but being able to switch and abusive players would start matchmaking with a killer with zero games and then switch to a killer they play all the time and against a newbie team and the newbies would get owned.

• kumarotto

I'm playing as a killer on an Asian server with many strong survivor players.
    Excuse me, but I myself am a red 1 grade killer, and I am a killer who has won some rituals.
    Even inexperienced killers can win to some extent, and sometimes even P100 party opponents can win.
    However, while I may be like that, not all beginners are like that.

Of course, there are too many nerfs to the killer, so you probably won't need a lot of flashlights in the current environment.
    On Asian server, I think it's only when you want to provoke the killer.

I don't know how much they want to attract new players or how friendly they want to make the game.
    However, as many useful functions are being added to Survivors, I think it would be good to add some useful functions to Killers.
    Because there are already competing titles that can do that.
    There's no need to make it the same as other games, but isn't it important to learn the things you can learn correctly and make it a better game?

I hope that DBD will become more familiar to more people.

• Mandy
    Mandy Administrator, Dev, Community Manager Posts: 22,882

There are no plans to allow for the change of killer after Matchmaking has started, this is because killers have individual matchmaking therefore players could well queue up with their weaker killer to get against a team of weaker survivors and then switch to one of their better known killer. Matchmaking matches players in groups to try to get a more even match.