Why not go all out?

radiantHero23
radiantHero23 Member Posts: 3,955
edited May 18 in General Discussions

As many of you, Ive been playing a lot of the chaos modifier that has been out for a few days now.

As someone, who already endulges in different perk builds almost every game, I had really high hopes that the rest of the playerbase would finally see the benefits of that.

Sadly, I see a fatal flaw in the design of the modifier, this being items, addons and offerings.

This screenshot I took portrays the issue perfectly.

Sadly, as with the normal mode in DBD, people optimize this mode where ever they can to get an advantage.

My experience has been extremely one sided thus far.

• When playing survivor, most killer players stack the best addons (or what they percieve to be the best addons) and offerings and camp and tunnel people as fast as they can due to the lack of threat, anti tunnel perks usually provide.
  • When playing killer, survivor teams are stacked in terms of items and addons. I played 6 matches of killer and never saw a match without a BNP. Might just be my bad luck, but Im leaving that up for debate.

What ever side does not bring the strong stuff looses often. This is sadly the reality in DBD. This rule persists in the chaos modifier. People cant optimize their perks, so the addons, items and offerings have to do the heavy lifting now.

This could easily be fixed though.

• Addons and items are also randomized.
  • Offerings are either diabled, also randomized or heavily limited in what can be used (no map offerings)

Generally speaking, this is the most fun I had with a game mode so far, but the decision to leave some things in control in terms of loadout bugs me the wrong way.

What do you guys think about this?

Comments