The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Survivor Perk Buffs

Horror_Gaming
Horror_Gaming Member Posts: 275
edited May 19 in Feedback and Suggestions

•Overcome

Any time the on hit speed boost is activated Overcome is triggered:

• Extends the duration of the On-hit Speed Boost by +2 seconds.
  • The Perk has a cool down of 20 seconds. While on cooldown the player will suffer from the exhausted status effect.

Creator Notes: Overcome has a strong reward but had little use due to its competition with other exhaustion perks. This change makes overcome no longer work like other exhaustion perks while still ensuring that this perk can not be paired immediately with another exhaustion perk to create large distance between the killer & survivor. We also wanted to provide players a ways to get use with overcome even when injured.

•Iron Will

• Reduces the volume of grunts of pain by 100% for a maximum of 80 seconds when injured
  • Anytime your aura is shown an additional 20 seconds will be added to Iron Will
  • Iron will cannot surpass the maximum 80 seconds

Creator Notes: Iron Will initially gave the player little reason to choose other perks that also provided the benefit of suppress grunts of pain making it the go to perk to stay quiet. With this change we allow this perk to shine a bit more while also not dethroning other choices to suppress survivor grunts.

•We're gonna live forever

• increasing maximum tokens to 3

Creator Notes: We're gonna live forever is a strong perk that provides strong plays. Increasing the token allows survivors to pick up their teammates without feeling like they are giving up the secondary power of the perk.

•Plot Twist

While crouching and motionless press the active ability button to enter the dying state. Your aura will now be hidden by all survivors and the perk Icon will replace the survivor portrait during this time.

Creator Notes: Plot twist is a high risk high reward perk. It is difficult for players however to know if another survivor was downed by the killer or if plot twist is active. Causing players to leave the objective and help protect other players. With this change and the added information we hope to allow less scenarios where a survivor may have to plot twist again or pull other players away from other tasks.

•This Is Not Happening

• Increases the great skill check success zone while Repairing and Healing by 10/20/30 % when in the Injured State.
  • Hitting great skill checks while this perk is active will give the player a token. cannot accumulate more then 4 tokens
  • Once at 4 tokens the next great skill check you hit will provide an additional 4% of progress on healing or repairing

This Is Not happening gives an additional 1% on hitting great skill checks while active.

Creator Notes: This Is Not Happening is a perk that helps out newer players but underperforms when compared to the wide variety of other perks. The new added benefits allows the perk to compete against other choices while not losing it's overall identity.

•Deadline

Removed the criteria of being injured.

• Increase the odds of triggering a skill check by 25 % while repairing or healing
    Hitting Great skill checks provides the player a speed boost by 2% until the next skill check is triggered
    • Causes Skill Checks to appear in random places.
  • Reduces the penalty for missed Skill Checks by -25%

Creator Notes: Deadline is one of those perks that has a lot of potential but has fallen low in pick rate due to its criteria to activate while injured and small benefit while also tackling more difficult skill checks. With this change we hope to give the player more of a reason to tackle more difficult skill checks while also being better rewarded.

Comments

• Horror_Gaming
    edited May 19

You're also leaving yourself vulnerable since you're injured. Along with giving up at least 2 slots to do a gen a little bit faster if you are capable at consistently hitting greats.

• Horror_Gaming

Did you not realize that part was about this is not happening. No need to be hateful. I enjoy criticism and embrace it. No need to spread hate over love of a game. Have a nice day !

• Horror_Gaming

Instead of just saying something's busted how a bout you bring up the reason onto why you believe it's busted. I give you a counterpoint.You can then say how you would change it And we can have a productive conversation that's not distasteful just because you may not agree with an idea.

• Archol123
    Archol123 Member Posts: 4,634

you pointed it out in combination with this is not happening, which still has its quirement of you being injured.

• Archol123
    Archol123 Member Posts: 4,634

Overcome:

20 second cooldown on overcome is too big of a buff, the on hit speed thing for example is a good idea.

Iron Will:
    I don't understand the maximum duration being 80 seconds no matter what in combination with the additional 20 seconds… what exactly does this mean? Also did you remove the exhaustion requirement from the perk?

This is not happening, (deadline), hyperfocus, stake out would create a ridiculous gen speed build… When hyperfocus came out people managed to do solo gens within around 40 seconds in combination with a good toolbox and a build dedicated to it… I think those perks could make it even faster and that is just not a good idea to mess with gen times even more. I don't think the really good players will get bothered too much by skill checkers appearing in random locations, which is why I think the build would be probablematic. Even without deadline this is not happening is a quite the good addition to the gen speed build.

• BlightedDolphin
    BlightedDolphin Member Posts: 1,817

Being injured isn't that big of a drawback for something as powerful as that honestly, especially when you can just negate it by 99ing your healing. We honestly don't need anymore gen speed perks.

• Mazoobi
    Mazoobi Member Posts: 1,563

I'm pretty sure OP user was pointing out the injured requirement for This is Not Happening not Deadline hence why they said "You're also leaving yourself vulnerable since you're injured".

• VomitMommy
    VomitMommy Member Posts: 2,257

Any time the on hit speed boost is activated Overcome is triggered:

This is basically only buff I could see happening to overcome. Overthing else you wrote about it is nonsense.

Overcome would become hell for any M1 killer.
    Your cooldown system is a joke. During overcome you gain distance 25.08 meters, killer traveled 11.69 . So you have 13,39 meters between you and the killer, which is going to take at least 22 seconds for 115% killers to catch up.

There is a reason why there is an exhaustion system, not cooldown for movement speed abilities….

Iron Will

Overcomplicated as hell… Just either make it 100%, or remove exhaustion part.

• Horror_Gaming

YA, I'm not sure why he didn't understand this still. But it's ok. I was hoping he give an idea how to make the perk stronger in his opinion but he just wants to pick an argument so oh well. It's a shame

• Horror_Gaming
    edited May 23

So for iron will when you are injured then the next 80 seconds while injured a timer starts. Healing yourself will pause the timer. While active you will have no grunts of pain. I wanted a way to give more time to the player and opportunities to use the perk in late game. So I added the fact that if your aura is shown you add 20 seconds to the timer. That way if your injured and your aura is shown. Then if the killer approaches you they won't hear you giving you a window to escape.