The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Dead by Giving Up

Xcell78
Xcell78 Unconfirmed, Member Posts: 2

I've been playing this game for the better part of 5 years now and I main Survivor for the most part. I literally just had 4 matches in a row where the first survivor that was hooked just "Gave Up" and threw the match for me and the other 3 survivors. In one of the matches after the first survivor gave up the rest of us just waited in a circle for the killer to come and end this miserable experience. This is the current state of the game these days. Which int he end is just not fun for all involved. I much rather deal with a bubba face camp from the old days than deal with this. And God forbid if you throw in the true "DC" you spend more time finding a match than actually playing in one to completion. Since the De-Pip was removed, that accelerated the instances of "Giving Up". I mean why not right? there really isn't any serious consequences for doing so. A little slap on the wrist maybe a 5 min ban no problem, I need to pee anyway. Come back do it again. The game in my opinion was better off back in the day in allot of ways vs what we have today. Even as toxic of an environment that was, at least people stayed in the dang match. Maybe Behavior should create a true Competitive mode for those of us that don't mind having competition and leave this current version for the ones that can't take the heat and let them casually disconnect. I really don't know what to say about this muck at the moment other than I hope Behavior can come up with a fair solution to this or I'm afraid this will have diminishing returns on the game and community.

Comments

• Junylar
    Junylar Member Posts: 2,005

If one survivor gets downed within the first minute of the game, your team does not have much of a chance to win even if nobody gives up. Plus if the hooked survivor sees auras of his teammates crouching in corners and not doing gens, it's hard to blame him for those three unhook attempts. The game is really prone to snowballs, and there is no come-back mechanics for survivors, not even generators are getting faster to fix with the lower number of survivors, as they do in some of DbD clones. At the start of a trial survivors are at the apex of their power, it's their time to complete 2 free gens before the first hook, and if they instead screw up right at the start - the game is doomed for them.

• I_Cant_Loop
    I_Cant_Loop Member Posts: 355

What is BHVR supposed to do about this? Is there any game in existence that forces you to try if you don't want to?

• burt0r
    burt0r Member Posts: 4,152

More like dead by block/wall of text 😜

(Just as an advice unformatted text without paragraphs is hard to read.)

• Mr_K
    Mr_K Member Posts: 9,184

A lot of PvP games have rules against AFK or actively not participating in the match. It could be considered griefing and result in bans. Of course those games have replay systems to watch back other players.

• HexHuntressThighs
    HexHuntressThighs Member Posts: 1,243

Expect to see it far more often now that they are gutting Gen regression perks. I expect them to gut aura reading next if people complain about it enough. I might end up taking a break from the game after that tbh.

• CountOfTheFog
    CountOfTheFog Member Posts: 2,139

No don't! I need to keep you posted on my journey to Basic Attack Only Huntress. I plan to play as her tonight, just for fun, in Chaos Shuffle!

• HexHuntressThighs

That sounds like it could be brutal tbh. Just don’t be disheartened from trying M1 Hunty if they give you trash perks😭

And I don’t plan on taking a break but if aura reading gets gutted then I won’t have any real fun left. I like to land snipes, orbitals, double taps and stuff. That’s why I still play this game 6 hours a day lol.

• Rogue11
    Rogue11 Member Posts: 1,409

• Neaxolotl
    Neaxolotl Member Posts: 1,477

It's been godknown years since game has released and somehow we still has a method to circumvent dc penalty, how unbelievable

It's as if BHVR is wishing for soloq survivors to be unplayable, because it's literally impossible to find a reasoning beside that to keep this mechanics

• Marioneo
    Marioneo Member Posts: 808

Overwatch does they put Dc penaltys on quickplay and Smite has a vote to surrender thats spammed every match Rainbow six siege and Valorant

• PreorderBonus
    PreorderBonus Member Posts: 246

They should remove the ability to attempt to unhook, as well as penalize a survivor more if they go AFK on the hook, waiting for the killer to hook them again.

As killer, you're penalized if you go AFK, there's no reason why survivors should be able to just alt-tab out of the game on the first hook without worry.

• CountOfTheFog
  • Rlabotath
    Rlabotath Member Posts: 125

You mean Survivors are supposed to actually have to play the game and try to get a win, and Killers AREN'T just NPCs for Survivors to bully?

In all seriousness though, I found that survivors complain the most. Killer players generally only complain about things that actually affect the game from being fun on both sides, like Wesker Hinder or broken perk combos on either side. UW was rough to deal with, but it wasn't a super powerful perk. It didn't "win" the game, it just made stealth harder.

The only thing Killer players all complain about is underpowered killers underperforming against the top of the line Killers. 4 slowdown nurse is hella scary compared to 4 aura nurse, or even 4 slowdown Onryo. That's where balance needs to start out, then maybe the rest of the game will find a nice balance point

• CountOfTheFog

• HexHuntressThighs

100 lol. The one and only character I have P100 and honestly will never P100 anyone else.

• dknb
    dknb Member Posts: 162

I wish the kill rate would be 80%.
    Then I could uninstall it and say goodbye forever.

• Blueberry
    Blueberry Member Posts: 13,590

Pretty wild people are complaining about a killer running all aura perks now. This is a pretty easy match to win without slow down. If you just assume the killer is running LP every game and play around that you should never be getting insta downed right at the start. If you are this has nothing to do with LP, it’s a skill issue. There’s pallets everywhere right at the start. This is completely counterable at base kit even if they don’t want to run distortion which hard counters all this if you wanted to. If people are going to think stacking aura perks is an issue then they’re going to think anything is an issue and will never be pleased. These are skill issues, not perk issues.

• JoeyDonuts
    JoeyDonuts Member Posts: 106

I'm not arguing that it SHOULD be a good thing. It SHOULD. But in solo Q if someone gets downed within say, first 30 seconds to a minute, they give up. I was just responding to OP's statement. I'll just plug along and try to get BP's regardless.

I still feel everyone has the right to play as they wish on either side. Camp? Go for it, Tunnel? you do you boo, Chain blind killers? Good job, I can't aim flashlights on controller for shiz. Head on squad? Go for it. Sabo Hooks? It is what it is.

It's not that serious.

• LeFennecFox
    LeFennecFox Member Posts: 1,233

Solution: Don't hide in the middle of nowhere and be near a pallet at start of match

• CountOfTheFog
  • ad19970
    ad19970 Member Posts: 6,356

If you think that killer is baby easy mode then you probably haven't been playing killer a lot yourself. It surely isn't if you go against good survivors.

• ad19970
    ad19970 Member Posts: 6,356

Solo queue can be rough, which surely is one of the reasons some people suicide on hooks. Often the reason for a suicide on hook is ridiculous, like when they are the first to go down and that's it, but there is no doubt to me that buffing solo queue would at least help with this problem a bit.

I don't think solo queue is necessarily terrible balance wise, but it certainly is still lacking some information that swf survivors have.

• sonata93
    sonata93 Member Posts: 418

”Autopilot” could also be said about a lot of killer perks, though. I mean, Lethal Pursuer is literally one of the top picked killer perks yet you could argue that finding survivors also comes with the “game sense” you mentioned… survivor spawns are pretty predictable; why use a perk to give you information you could easily learn from simply playing the game?

You see the issue with the “us vs. Them” mentality? It’s just a circular discussion.

• HexHuntressThighs

I’m not making it us vs them. I spend a lot of time on survivor as well but it is factually the reason why survivors pick WoO.

And Lethal is not the same at all. It lasts 9 seconds. Meanwhile WoO lasts 99,999 seconds. Even BBQ points you in a direction but you still have to look for the survivor who could be hiding when you get there.

• sonata93
    sonata93 Member Posts: 418
    edited May 22

I agree that WoO is overturned, but my argument wasn’t that it’s not OP, I was simply saying that the “autopilot”/“not wanting to think or remember things” argument that you put forward about survivors and their perks, the same could be said for a lot of killers too. Also, the survivor still has to loop the window/pallet they see with WoO. Sure, WoO gives weaker survivors a leg-up, but that perk still doesn’t hide a bad looper.

Running 4 meta gen slowdown perks and turning the match into a 3v1 at 4/5 gens is the epitome of easy mode/“not thinking” but it still happens. Just saying.

• HexHuntressThighs

I would agree after it turns into a 3 man at 3-5 gens it is completely brainless. 4 meta slowdowns still requires brains. Pain res requires you to get downs/ scourge hook hooks, Pop requires hooks and going to the furthers progressed gen to get the most value. But yes there are also auto pilot killer perks like Grim embrace and deadlock.

I’ve never been able to five Gen chase but the literal first match i ever used WoO I got a 5 Gen chase. It makes bad loopers great and great loopers insane. I honestly don’t k ow if it should get nerfed honestly because the escape rates would probably drop to 20% and kill rates would go to 80% lol.

I use Amanita Toxin on Huntress and sometimes when I hit survivors it’s very blatant that they were using WoO. They should honestly make it a free general perk and give it a 10 second cooldown after vaulting/ dropping pallets that way new people will learn to loop quicker but veterans won’t get an insane amount of info from it.