The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

What's the purpose of saving someone killing themselves on hook?

Do they believe the person, now on death hook usually at 5 gens, is gonna play normally?

Because the actual result ends up in a person afk, or throwing all pallets in the map, or running to your gen and failing skillchecks on purpose.

The cherry on cake is when the person saving someone from killing themselves on hook is IMMEDIATELY downed, and they proceed to kill themselves on hook. Like, you won't let others do it but you immediately do it yourself? The CREAM on the cherry on top is when the killer downs you after you tried killing yourself on hook, and proceeds to slug you the full 5 minutes out of spite you didn't want to play against their Nurse or something

Comments

• xltechno
    xltechno Member Posts: 1,026

There was a match where I helped a survivor who was about to commit suicide, pointed at she, healed she, and then we completed the gen together, and I took on a chase with the killer. I think it was Morel, and I remember she unhooking me afterwards and escaping with me.

Someone else giving up is not a reason for me to give up, although I may if the match clearly falls apart.

• vBlossom_
    vBlossom_ Member Posts: 386

Every outcome is better for me.

If I try to suicide on hook it's better for you to do gen or hide yourself to find hatch, if you are going to unhook me then survivor can follow you and then alt+tab so you'll be both dead.

Not unhooking someone gives you more chance to escape rather than unhooking.

And if you do something to annoy other player then you are worse than player that wants to give hatch to you or just want to leave this game.

• Nazzzak
    Nazzzak Member Posts: 5,392
    edited May 27

9 times out of 10 I just let them go. The only time I'll unhook is if they've messed around the whole game and then tried to opt out. Sorry dude, you can suffer with the rest of us 🤣 but most people let go because the game is either a loss and they just wanna move on, or they're being tunnelled or camped or something. I'm not gonna force them to stay. It's a game at the end of the day. I've forgotten about them by the time my next game rolls around.

• Nazzzak
    Nazzzak Member Posts: 5,392

I'm talking about my own experience. It's what I see in my games.

• dbdwight
    dbdwight Member Posts: 37

i like to immerse in a match setting as most as possible, in my head im going 'dont leave us we cant do it nooo'

• StereoGang
    StereoGang Member Posts: 93

If you try to go for grades, then letting a survivor killing himself makes loose points on benevolent.

Saving him both provide you emblem points, but prevent loosing some.

If a survivor kills himself, you usually won't pip.

• ad19970
    ad19970 Member Posts: 6,356

Lol pathetic. The person you are replying to is completely in the right. If you just give up for no reason of course we'll try and keep you alive so that you can't get into the next match that easy. Of course you can do whatever you want to after that but you'll have to stay in the match for longer, whether you like it or not.

• Huge_Bush
    Huge_Bush Member Posts: 5,261

you said it better than I could.

I do love watching the killer bleed out the entitled baby.

• LeFennecFox
    LeFennecFox Member Posts: 1,233
    edited May 27

It forces them to play longer reducing the number of games they can ruin. If I'm killer enjoy sitting on the floor for 4 minutes.

• drsoontm
    drsoontm Member Posts: 4,580

Points.

• drsoontm
    drsoontm Member Posts: 4,580
    edited May 27

What I sometimes do is hook the waste of pixels next to a survivor, let him being unhooked twice, then slugged.

If the survivors heal him I slug him again until he bleeds out or disconnects.

At least the other survivors get some point in compensation for the handicap.

• tippy2k2
    tippy2k2 Member Posts: 5,164

I want the points and I'm spiteful 😅

If I'm a killer and I see a survivor do that to their team (right away at least), I will slug them and make them lie there and think about what they've done while letting the other three go.

Is that petty and bad? Maybe! But if you're going to go out of your way to ruin the game for four other people, I'm giving you a DC penalty Street Justice Style.

• Alice_pbg
    Alice_pbg Member Posts: 6,556

I want the points. Give up on the menu as you should or play the game. idc which.

• tjt85
    tjt85 Member Posts: 836
    edited May 27

If I see someone doing this and I'm on my way to unhook, I just turn around and run in the opposite direction. Sure you can unhook for points, but the Killer could be proxying or still in the area and it's just not worth it.

When I have games like this I start playing safer and trying to stay alive for a hatch escape.

• Akumakaji
    Akumakaji Member Posts: 5,163

Sometimes, the sheer fact that someone saved them is enough to instill in them a last spark of rebellion and they might turn around and give it their all. It happens, and I guess its kinda worth it, considering that the alternative is just a wasted game.

• Hex_Ignored
    Hex_Ignored Member Posts: 1,844

Unless I have an unhooking challenge, it's better for me to let them die as that increases the chances of me getting hatch.

• ChaosWam
    ChaosWam Member Posts: 1,760

Another body for the killer to go after, even for a moment.

• Junylar
    Junylar Member Posts: 2,005
  • Yatol
    Yatol Member Posts: 1,955
    edited May 27

Id rather let them die because if dedicated enough they can make you regret saving them.

I get that this community is filled with spite and would rather make the game even more miserable for the remaining 2 players to "prove a point" but i have more interesting things to do with my life than playing pissing contest with someone who probably doesn't care.

Post edited by Yatol on
  • Beaburd
    Beaburd Member Posts: 998

I don't really need blood points, so if I save someone like that it's usually to spite them.

Not that I go out of my way to do it to everyone who gives up - a lot of the times I'd rather stay on a gen than traverse to a hook. But if they're nearby, and I'm feeling frustrated and/or mischievous? Yeah, I'll take some enjoyment in potentially prolonging your misery.

• JocelynAwakens
    JocelynAwakens Member, Administrator, Mod, Co-ordinator Posts: 1,589

Whilst discussing this topic, please keep the commentary civil. It is imperative that we do not encourage any negative gameplay behaviors, as this is against the community rules.

• Hex_Llama
    Hex_Llama Member Posts: 1,816

Yes, spite for me, also. If you want to DC, DC and eat the penalty — at least then we get a bot. The only exception is if we've already been playing for a super long time, and it's clear we're in a war of attrition that we're losing — but, if you try to let go in the first two minutes, before anything has even happened, I literally say, "Don't you dare!" out loud and come to unhook you.

• crogers271
    crogers271 Member Posts: 1,713

Because the actual result ends up in a person afk, or throwing all pallets in the map, or running to your gen and failing skillchecks on purpose.

This is what I always hear, and maybe its a region thing, but it's not something I see. Usually when I save someone trying to kill themselves on the hook, they resume playing the game. Not always, but most of the time.