The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

About Vecna's Flight of the Damned

I don't think I need to say anything, just giving you these two clips to watch and assess the usefulness of this part of Vecna's power.

Comments

• Ohyakno
    Ohyakno Member Posts: 996
    edited June 3

Nah, they're pretty good.

He seems to be just firing them off and expecting them to get free hits. They don't work like that. Get survivors in an animation lock or force them to crouch on a loop so you can hit them.

• Ohyakno
    Ohyakno Member Posts: 996
  • JustAShadow
    JustAShadow Member Posts: 165

In the first clip he couldn't swing as he was still in the cooldown after using the power.

In the second clip I'm just trying to show how silly this crouch counterplay part for this power looks.

• Princeharlequinhq
    Princeharlequinhq Member Posts: 74

they work incredibly well in a melee two tap scenario though however i would happily trade that for a projectile that relies on my skill to aim and time vs a basically useless spell that is dodged by teabagging

• Green_Sliche
    Green_Sliche Member Posts: 630

You really expected some value out of those skills, right? Well, pity you had to deal with that yourself.

The phantom skeleton is practically useless if survivor sees you casting them. Yes, that means you should assume that this ability does not exist at all most of the time and Vecna has 3 skills in the game.

Your most useful powers are flight ( still the distance traveler perk ) and hand of mage which is your only anti-loop power. Orb is a scout tool. Vecna is essentially an M1 killer with tricky anti-loop power. Perhaps if you try to play him as M1 killer you'll have slightly higher success rates.

• Batusalen
    Batusalen Member Posts: 1,323
    edited June 3

Use them through walls, or to force survivor to have to crouch to guarantee a hit like in the second clip or prevent them getting distance in a loop.

If you throw them in the open while they are looking or already on a pallet, then yes, it won't do anything.

• JustAShadow
    JustAShadow Member Posts: 165

Survivors can hear you placing the skeletons through walls and crouch for a moment to dodge and they won't lose that much distance. There are a few scenarios where the power can be useful: when you're chasing the survivor to a window and place them so the survivor is forced to crouch which results in a medium vault instead of a fast vault, and when you manage to spawn skeletons right on top of the survivor at a loop(which doesn't happen even slightly consistently). You can also sometimes hit a semi long range shot through a wall but with the spread being this big the survivor needs to not pay enough attention to get hit by it even without crouching.

Again, I understand the application of the power right now, I just think it is underwhelming and simply not good enough at the current iteration.

• HolyDarky
    HolyDarky Member Posts: 609

It feels so cheesy and bad that you can counter this ability by just crouching. The magic item for the Flight of the Damned makes no sense with this because why should you waste the magic item slot to see the Flight of the Damned to see where the hitboxes are to avoid them when you just can listen to the sound and then crouch - it's so easy. Then Vecna has a pathetic 38second cooldown.

• Emeal
    Emeal Member Posts: 4,929

He's using them wrong, you need to use them on survivors inside buildings.

Or use them as a distraction to get closer to survivors.