We have temporarily disabled Firecrackers and the Flashbang Perk due to a bug which could cause the Killer's game to crash. These will be re-enabled in an upcoming patch when the issue is resolved.

Vecnas fantasy horror is better then a decent amount of killers.

Vecna is a undead lich that is on the same power level as a god, (highest spellcaster level for players is 9th and he’s 20th.) and has cults following him, along with the fact he knows the universes secrets. How is that slews scary then the skull merchant, who is a sociopathic ceo who kills to get power. Or the knight who is just a knight with a friend circle.
if you don’t like Vecna or fantasy horror just say it. If you wanted stranger things just say it. Really, how many people who know his lore, seen his statblock (if they play dnd) and can still say he wouldn’t be scary.
he is a threat who wants to be evil. Hag is a teen who got cursed, and people really forgot that trickster is just a K-pop star who kills people. They all belong in the game and are different styles of horror.

Comments

• Mooks
    Mooks Member Posts: 14,712

haters gonna hate.

though i don’t think undermining the horror of a killer like Skull Merchant or Trickster is the right way to get your point across (I know you didn’t actually argue against them) - the fact these are way more realistic and could actually work on the real world like that is very frightening. And people always forget that even Ghost Face belong into that category.

• Marc_go_solo
    Marc_go_solo Member Posts: 5,228

Agreed. Horror comes in various forms, and DnD is one of those forms as Dark Fantasy. The genre has vampires, orcs, werewolves, beholders, zombies, ghosts ... there is plenty of horror there! Those people just have difficulty with the concept.

I'd also like to add "Chains of Hate" is probably also the least horror chapter they had - it's basically a steampunk-lite Western! Even then, Deathslinger is a perfectly fine inclusion!

• Caiman
    Caiman Member Posts: 2,658

I like fantasy horror. I just think Vecna himself looks stupid, he looks like a big purple taffy man.

• justadreampallet
    justadreampallet Member Posts: 132

my bad, that was when I was more annoyed and was trying to show how it was shown for Vecna. But yea it undermined my point tbf

• justadreampallet
    justadreampallet Member Posts: 132

well it’s more just the fact he’s a lich. But dnd art is all 2d so like here is his art

but I’d say a better looking character would be acerak. He has a much more horror themed style. And he looks better

• Caiman
    Caiman Member Posts: 2,658

That Acerak, now that's what I want a lich to look like.

• squbax
    squbax Member Posts: 1,458

Look Im gonna be honest, I cannot give a flying duck about vecna, not only do I dislike his design visually but I do dislike his power.

With that said I have defended his presence in the game because dbd is literally the only game where all genres of horror converge, leaving fantasy horror outside is just dumb.

Also people saying he doesnt fit literally made me chuckle, like he doesnt fit in a game where a giant rabbit, a pink elefant, a teddy bear and so on can chase you?

Even outside of cosmetics, skullmerchant is a literal joke of a character and also incredibly unhealthy to gameplay and some of the very people saying vecna does not belong here defended SM presence in the game lmao.

I think people just are mad this chapter is not whatever they wanted, which is funny because with the amount of chapters the game has by mere probability you will like and dislike some.

My honest opinion I do not like vecna, but for the people who like him, sincerely enjoy the chapter and I hope bhvr did the license well for you and captured that which you like about it.

• GuyFawx
    GuyFawx Member Posts: 2,027

Personally if they were gonna go with a Liche I kinda wish they went with the Army of Darkness Liche but i know its more comedy horror then scary horror. Just wish Ash had his own killer in this game