Turn off film grain

Options
Tatariu
Tatariu Member Posts: 3,005

The effect is horrid. Feedback on PTB was very clear. Turn it off or make it an optional graphics setting.

Comments

• OnryosTapeRentals
    OnryosTapeRentals Member Posts: 740
    Options

Wait they pushed it to live?

The PTB looked horrible.

• SlowLoris
    SlowLoris Member Posts: 282
    Options

Please, please, please …..either remove it again, or give us the option to remove it…at the very least a command for the ini file that works.

I have very poor eye sight and the removal of film grain helped a lot. reverting that change has made today suffering on my eyes.

• Belzher
    Belzher Member Posts: 432
    Options

For now, play on low settings because there's no film grain there. On medium it's just a little bit.

• SlowLoris
    Options

Yeah, I swapped to medium from Ultra to temporarily help, but now the game is so insanely blurry that it's actually worse for me.

Such a frustrating change.

• IronKnight55
    IronKnight55 Member Posts: 2,897
    Options

why add film grain anyway? It looks so bad and hurts my eyes as well.

• Tatariu
    Options

PLS REMOVE THIS ITS SO UGLY

• JPLongstreet
    JPLongstreet Member Posts: 5,432
    Options

And those of us on console? We're locked in at High setting

• SlowLoris
    Options

Just because I don't mention console, it doesn't mean I'm saying, "Suck it, Console, hope it doesn't get fixed for you". I'm simply asking if it has to be a temporary solution until it's fully removed, I'll take an ini command.

• Tatariu
    Options

Why is this STILL not addressed? big yikes

• ChainsLogic
    ChainsLogic Member Posts: 97
    Options

The devs could work on visual clarity in general. Some maps have very high default fog. Eyrie has that awful hazy effect. Greenvile, and Lery's have problems where the contrast from light to dark is too high in some parts of the maps.

Scratch marks can barely qualify as a tracking tool, because of how weak and awful they are in general. Singularity's map is also awful, where the already weak scratch marks are even weaker. Farm maps also have problems because of their lighting, especially with auras.

Yeah, there's definitely a bunch of issues in the visual clarity department. The devs really make so many questionable choices, and are usually quite slow to fix them.