The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Traper Traps are broken in the tutorial

Starrseed
Starrseed Member Posts: 1,774
edited May 30 in Bug Reporting

when you play the survivor bot tutorial the traps of trapper are broken.

1. start the survivor tutorial round
  2. step into a beartrap
  3. free yourself from the trap
  4. now your survivor stays in the animation where he trys to get out of the trap and slides around with the trap on his leg unable to interact with pallets windows or anything else

the whole thing stops when you get hooked and get unhooked

3 votes

Under Review · Last Updated

Thank you for taking the time to report this issue, we are forwarding this to the team for their review

Comments

• TRizzle
    TRizzle Member Posts: 8

I have noticed that this bug only happens to the beartraps the bot trapper starts with. Very rarely will it happen to beartraps the bot picks up and uses.

The bug only seems to happen to "invisible" beartraps placed by the bot. What I mean is, that when the bot places the beartrap it will go through the entire animation of placing it and the beartrap will become stuck to its hand instead of where it was supposed to be placed. Only bots can disarm said beartraps.

Another thing to note is that if the player frees themselves they will be stuck in the trap animation and are unable to do anything, this includes escaping until they are downed and picked up by the trapper bot. It appears that if a bot were to untrap the player this bug is avoided for some reason. Also, only bots are capable of freeing other players, and bots, from these broken beartraps. I will attempt to recreate this bug and send the log file to help resolve this bug.

• TRizzle

I have managed to get some footage of me getting stuck in one of these broken beartraps. As you can see, the struggle progress bar doesn't fill. Thankfully, Jake was near me and was able to free me preventing the other part of the bug from happening. I have attached the log file as well.

Note: I put the video in a zip file since the forms don't accept mp4 files.

• TRizzle

I managed to get some footage of the bug happening. In the video, you can see that when I attempted to escape the beartrap the progress bar didn't fill at all. Sadly, Jake was nearby and freed me before I could free myself from the broken beartrap I have attached the video and log file.