The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

The Vecna buffs are close to perfect

ad19970
ad19970 Member Posts: 6,356
edited May 30 in Feedback and Suggestions

I really do think most changes that Vecna is receiving are fantastic. All 4 abilities are looking very good now, and Vecna looks like he will be powerful but generally balanced.

The only buff I am somewhat concerned about is the Mage Hand buff. Being slowed down by so much less might be too strong. In a patch that is removing Chucky's guaranteed hit potential, it is surprising that BHVR chose to increase the movement speed during Mage Hand's slowdown by so much, risking the issue of free hits being an issue with Mage Hand instead. Of course it's too early to tell yet, we'll have to wait and see how Mage Hand performs, but I do think this buff is quite dangerous. At least survivors can predrop pallets to counterplay Mage Hand, but I am still concerned.

And the same to a lesser extent goes for Flight of the Damned as well.

Other than that though these buffs look fantastic. And I can't wait to play Vecna when he finally releases on monday.

Post edited by EQWashu on

Comments

• JustAShadow
    JustAShadow Member Posts: 165

Why did you leave the ability to crouch the skulls? All the buffs to this part of the power are largely irrelevant if you can just crouch it. The only actual application for skulls would be zoning and trying to get distance as any knowledgeable survivor would dodge the actual power with ease. There's even an addon to make the skulls fly lower so I wonder why it's not getting incorporated into the basekit.

• Jacknalls_Paw
    Jacknalls_Paw Member Posts: 128

I am going to say it now : we'll definitely have a new problem of free hits with Mage Hands.

• Gmoore23
    Gmoore23 Member Posts: 193

I'm sure over time there'll be new, much smaller things here and there to fine-tune, but I'm right there with you. Vecna sounds like he's gonna be incredible and I'm beyond hype for everything

• ad19970

It's not going to be as bad as scamper just because survivors can predrop pallets to counter Mage Hand, and there is an item that gives survivors a 7% haste effect when Mage Hand is used. But I do fear that Mage Hand will be a bit too much at release. We'll have to wait and see though. I hope I am wrong.

• ad19970

Yup he looks really fun, and I am positive he will also be fun to verse. Again the only concerning part being Mage Hand.

But I am also positive that some small number changes is everything he'll still need going forward, if at all. Maybe he'll be perfect the way they are releasing him.

• albertoplus
    albertoplus Member Posts: 279
    edited May 30

I absolutely loved every single Vecna's buff, but i'm also kinda concerned about the Flight of the Damned being crouchable and useless on 70% of the situations.

However, the cast time reduction from 1 second to 0.5 is definetly notable. We will see..

• Gmoore23
    Gmoore23 Member Posts: 193

We'll find out Monday either way! And I'm glad I'm not the only one hyped up for him lol

• Hex_Ignored
    Hex_Ignored Member Posts: 1,844

I'll try it out but just from reading the patch notes, mage hand might just be the new scamper

• fussy
    fussy Member Posts: 1,468

Oh no, using power will MAYBE give hit now, nerf it right now!!!! How dare this killer!!!! It's OP!!!!!!!

• albertoplus
    albertoplus Member Posts: 279
    edited May 30

Holy- i did actually answer on this post but i didnt see it was actually yours. I kinda miss our Mage Hand discussions…

Ah wait. It wasnt yours i think, two posts just got merged?

• JustAShadow
    JustAShadow Member Posts: 165

Why did these posts get merged?

• ad19970

Lol well it seems like you got your wish regarding Mage hand changes. I am personally a bit concerned about the higher movement speed after using Mage Hand, but who knows, maybe I am wrong and it will be fine.

I do think that Flight of the Damned will be useful often enough now with the post-cooldown movement speed increased so much.

• ad19970

Yes I have been really hyped for Vecna ever since the ptb. I just love what they did with him, and after seeing the changes he is getting I am just even more hyped.

• ad19970

I am a bit worried Mage Hand will lead to too many free hits as well. Although it probably won't be the new Scamper. Predropping pallets will still counter Mage Hand, and there is also an item that gives you 7% haste whenever Mage Hand is activated. So I am sure it will not be as bad as Scamper. But maybe it's going to be completely fine the way it is at release, we'll have to wait and see.

• sizzlingmario4
    sizzlingmario4 Member Posts: 6,699

I feel mostly the same way. I’m a bit worried Mage Hand is gonna be too strong and lead to too many unavoidable hits, IF you don’t have the item that counters it. And on the other hand, the item that counters it is by far the strongest one (other than the Vecna items). On the PTB when playing survivor I always chose the item that countered Mage Hand over any of the other ones if I was able to find it. If anything I think both the Mage Hand itself and the item that counters Mage Hand may need to be toned down.

But everything else seems to be pretty good changes, the spell cooldowns being lower is good and Dispelling Sphere definitely didn’t need to slow down Vecna nearly as much as it did on the PTB. I’m not sure how Flight of the Damned will be now, it can still be crouched but Vecna doesn’t lose as much distance for using it so it might be harder to crouch it without just giving up an m1. We’ll see.

• ad19970

Yup that pretty much sums up my thoughts. But it is entirely possible that Mage Hand will be perfectly fine, still being fair enough despite the 3.68 m/s movement speed penalty. We'll just have to wait and see how it plays. But I am very hyped for Vecna, that's for sure.

• Devil_hit11
    Devil_hit11 Member Posts: 8,095

mage hand counter item+seeing sphere is best item combination. The other two items were under powered and in my opinion needed rebalancing/buffs.

• Atacus7
    Atacus7 Member Posts: 29

In what world is a killer that wields four powers "balanced"? I did not play his PTB and in the three hours of games I've played against him, guess how many escapes? ZERO. While I will grant that it can take time to learn how to play against a new killer, I'm being put in games with people who clearly know what they are doing. Between the passive aura read, range hit through walls, pallet hand, , and flying ability he's definitely a challenging killer to verse. Too challenging. While some on here are saying he's too slow during his power, try playing survivor, and watch him absolutely cruze through any power use. Most of those range attack in my games spawn on top of very close to me, so stopping to crouch is literally a decision to get hit or get hit.

• ad19970
    edited June 4

Nah he doesn't seem op to me so far. He might have 4 abilities, but they are all on a 38 second cooldown. And the abilities aren't that oppressive.

The only spell I can see being a bit too good is Mage Hand. I wouldn't mind if they nerfed the movement speed during that spell's cooldown a bit. But other than that he is completely fine.