Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

The Decimated Borgo new lighting what are your thought?

i feel like it's not better or worse just a different kind of bad
feels very eye strainy on the new version

Comments

• BritneyMitch
    BritneyMitch Member Posts: 151

Very mid, I woulda liked them making the map playable instead of changing the colors lol. There's tiles that spawn without a pallet or window, they are just walls made to think you have a jungle gym of some sort there. I have no idea how it could have possibly be thought up to include a jungle gym without a window or pallet. Literally just walls.

• ChaosWam
    ChaosWam Member Posts: 1,779

It makes Sadako look better, it's kind to my eyes for scratch marks, I'm happy.

• adam1233467
    adam1233467 Member Posts: 1,042

Better than the old one this is for sure

• Science_Guy
    Science_Guy Member Posts: 2,003

The previous lighting was fine as is. It was blindingly awful when it debuted, but they toned it down to a passable level a long time ago. If we're going to have brighter maps at all, old Borgo was one of the better ones. The lighting feels okay on the new map, but there's something off about it on Shattered Square, something other than "it's not red anymore". Can't quite put my finger on why that is, though.

• Rogue11
    Rogue11 Member Posts: 1,410

I like it. Feels more like classic DBD spooky lighting.

• HolyDarky
    HolyDarky Member Posts: 615

I'm happy they got rid off this awful red colors and I like the darker theme. However, it is a little bit too dark so it's create a new issue of missing accessibility in my opinion.

I really wish the developers would implement filters or the option to make the game either brighter or darker so the game has more accessibility. So many games have this option and it feels much better for the eyes.

• ReverseVelocity
    ReverseVelocity Member Posts: 4,210

It's much better.

• TragicSolitude
    TragicSolitude Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 7,140

I like that it's not red, but it's way too damn dark. My friend and I die even more than usual because we can't see anything.

• KingFieldShipper
    KingFieldShipper Member Posts: 612

This, I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks its waaay too dark. I like that it's dark, but I just think it needs to be a taaad brighter. And you play on switch, right? Because that would probably make it even more dark.

• TragicSolitude
    TragicSolitude Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 7,140

Yup, Switch and PS4 Pro. The maps seem to be darker on console than on PC. Bad on PS4, really really bad on Switch. There've been some basements that are pitch black on Switch.

• alpha5
    alpha5 Member Posts: 301

I see very little on it, liked the red more.

• Bloodartist
    Bloodartist Member Posts: 124
    edited June 4

Yeah, I would also like to point out that the map is otherwise great, but the lighting is just a little too dark…
    Personally I dont wanna fiddle with my brightness settings, so Id prefer if it was good to begin with..

I like things darker but in the new map, its too dark to see details mostly.. For example, can you make out the lockers in the bottom picture?

• alpha5
    alpha5 Member Posts: 301
    edited June 4

One thing I should have added: I kicked a gen and only saw the Meg with dark cosmetics right next to it because she moved and then I immediately lost her after.