If we're nerfing mage hand, can we make flight of damned more consistent?

Akumos
Akumos Member Posts: 16
edited June 7 in Feedback and Suggestions

Like I've literally shot this ability at people unhooking at it just goes through their body and does nothing. Same with windows. The hitbox needs some work on this thing. I get you want it to be crouched, but it could probably shoot out closer to Vecna to make it easier to predict what it's doing and be very slightly wider. Or at least look into why it sometimes misses on people interacting with things like hooks.

Post edited by EQWashu on

Comments

• Shroompy
    Shroompy Member Posts: 6,478

Ive never had it phase through a Survivor, but FotD does hit hooked Survivors, meaning they can tank the hit for the person unhooking

The ability is fine and has a way higher skill ceiling than most give it credit. You can get an instant hit since they deal damage the moment they are summoned. If a Survivor is also on an elevated surface (it can be a very small difference) they cant crouch it since the hitbox is lower, and its not like an Artist crow where itll go up/down elevations at the start of their flight.

• Akumos
    edited June 7

It can't tank hits because the projectile can hit multiple survivors and I've had that happen a few times now. I've literally seen the skeletons at the proper distance just do nothing to the guy unhooking as it passes through them. The instant damage and damage on vault is something I try to do but it still feels pretty inconsistent or hard to tell when it will work, which is why I'd prefer if they spawn closer to Vecna, the current spacing of it feels a bit awkward to me. It also takes way too long to summon them, the timing is super awkward on vaults, it feels like a 33% chance it passes through and does nothing, 33% chance it instantly hits, 33% chance it's too late and they somehow vault and still instantly crouch it. I don't have this issue using any other ability or projectile in the game, it's simply too awkward.

• radiantHero23
    radiantHero23 Member Posts: 3,953

I dont think Vecna is an extremely powewrful killer like other heavy hitters like Plague or Oni. He doesnt even reach Wesker if you ask me.

First and foremost: I find it absurd, that the killer is nerfed, when the release hasnt even been a week ago. This is just plain bad consumer practise. It was bad with Alien, it was bad with Chucky and its bad now with Vecna. This has nothing to do with the nerfs being justified or not. Its about selling a product and then changing it, so people that bought it, bought something that is not what they paid for just day later. It makes people not trust in the characters anymore. Why buy something if it is just fun for you the first few days and then gets nerfed.

Dont get me wrong, Xenos cooldown nerf was fine, however, things like this should be adjusted BEFORE the product is sold. Not days after everyone has already paid money for it.

I genuinely hope that this will not make this killer a lot weaker. It would make BHVR look extremely shady.

• Shroompy

1 skeleton can only hit 1 survivor, but you can hit multiple Survivors if 2 seperate skeletons come in contact with them (meaning those 2 survivors need to be spread out)

If you listen closely as well when you do shoot out a skeleton at a hooked Survivor youll hear the hit sfx but from the hooked Survivor.

• Shroompy

First of all, when and where did they mention he's getting nerfed?

Second of all, if you buy a product purely because of its viability and not the actual gameplay thats on you. This is a live service game that makes balance changes on a regular basis. The product also remains practically the exact same, unless I completely missed the memo and his spells are just completely different which I know isnt the case.

• radiantHero23

Lets take Chucky as an example. When he released, he had a pretty good turnrate, allowing for tons of little tricks and techs.

Many people love these things when playing DBD. A good friend of mine solely bought this killer for this reason. He likes this kind of skill expression.

Only weeks after his release, they adjusted his turn rate, eliminating many of the techs. This literally made my friend stop playing Chucky at all because he lost interest in the character. If this change was implemented when he released just 1-2 weeks earleir, my friend could have saved that money to maybe buy another character. He was promised something he didnt get. Balance changes are fine. But things that literally sell a character like Chucky´s turn rate should maybe either be adjusted before the character goes live or a lot further down the road. As far as I remember, we had a similar problem with Oni, where they changed his turn rate and very few people wanted to play him as a result.

Last but not least, why would the nerf to one of his powers not be a nerf to the killer?

• Akumos
    edited June 7

Well whether or not it's a bug, 1 skeleton can definitely hit 2 survivors, I won a game off of that earlier where one hit 2 in a line. They may have to be tightly packed, but unhooking would be that case too.

• Deathstroke
    Deathstroke Member Posts: 3,494

Yeah they should waited like few weeks to see if survivors learn to play agains't him propelly. Mage hand has many counters so I don't think it needed nerf expect the enduring stuff. If vecna lift the pallet up when you pre drop you can drop it down immediatelly again. And if vecna is so close he can get the hit when holding pallet that's fine survivor miss played and basically every other antiloop killer get hit in that situation and even if they don't they have much slower cooldown to use their ability again.

I think alien didn't need as long cooldown it has now it just punishes console players more. Nerf was fine but it was too much. Alien power can already be countered by turrets so it needs to be strong.

• Shroompy

Chucky's flick is still in the game as far as Im aware so I dont know what other techs youre talking about

Also your friend wasnt promised anything. Again, live service games means changes are bound to happen, especially if theyre unintended.

Oni was a way different case. He had no turn limit when initially released (which was intended) and then they reduced that drastically to 45 degrees. Everyone, including the devs knew this was too bad of a nerf so they increased it to 90 degrees (al though you can go further with flicks)

• typervader
    typervader Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 507

Bro you do understand how TF a live service game works right?

• VomitMommy
    VomitMommy Member Posts: 2,257

First of all, when and where did they mention he's getting nerfed?

• VomitMommy

Chucky's flick is still in the game as far as Im aware so I dont know what other techs youre talking about

Chucky used to be able to flick 180, they limited it to 90.

You can somewhat do it, if you look into the loop while charging tho.

Basically limit is created when you start dashing, so just look into the wall, slide sideways, then flick.

• Shroompy

Ah thanks, honestly I dont think thats too bad. The rest of his kit is just as strong and Mage Hand will stay strong

Oh I wasnt aware of that, but still 90 degrees is pretty damn generous considering how big the hitbox on it is compared to his body.

180 degrees is just plain dumb. J-Flicks and Oni's 180 was removed for a reason

• VomitMommy

honestly I dont think thats too bad. The rest of his kit is just as strong and Mage Hand will stay strong

I disagree…

All of his spells are going to have low impact, lot of counterplay and huge cooldown.

Oh I wasnt aware of that, but still 90 degrees is pretty damn generous considering how big the hitbox on it is compared to his body.

I wouldn't say his hitbox is big. It's not difficult to miss with it. I would say it's way smaller hitbox compare to Wesker, or Oni.

180 degrees is just plain dumb. J-Flicks and Oni's 180 was removed for a reason

Oni can still do 180 and I will be very annoyed if they remove it.

Oni would be quite bad, if he was limited to 90 degrees imo. There is a reason why there is not many console Oni players and when I play against them, they usually get destroyed.

• radiantHero23
  • KatsuhxP
    KatsuhxP Member Posts: 709

I actually like the range it's placed from you, you can use it on cars on haddonfield to place them directly into the survivor if he hugs the car (you have to be around 2 steps away from the car for it to work) xD

This use is also the most consistent working on all loops for me, you can also hug the survivor and place the skeletons and they'll run into them and get close to no distance xD

• radiantHero23

Oh, my bad. I meant that not literally.

The Ptb said: he has this turn rate. The live version had it. Then it got nerfed.

But we'll, I guess it's just ok for something to be changed in less than a week. Id like to know what made them reconsider their change.

Seems like I'm wrong here.