The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Are these "minor changes" to Flight of the Damned going to be nerfs or buffs?

From DBD Japan twitter account:

We already know what the Mage Hand nerfs are, but I'm concerned that Flight of the Damned will be getting nerfed too.

Right now, pretty much no survivor with knowledge on Vecna will ever get hit by the skeletons, it only really serves as a knowledge check and an ok zoning tool at the moment. The entire ability is shut down by the crouch button.

I really hope there's no plans to nerf FotD, as right now, it needs buffs. I'd appreciate some clarification for what is being considered.

Comments

• イエローミント
    イエローミント Member Posts: 188

There was an official response on Japanese X:

I'm using Google Translate for English. The original Japanese text is as follows:

私たちが新しい殺人鬼を作るときは使っていて楽しいキャラクターを作ることを常に目指していますが、同時に生存者として相手をしていても楽しい殺人鬼になるよう心がけています。
    リッチを本実装して全プラットフォームの皆さんに試していただいた結果、一部の能力に対抗するのが難しすぎることがわかりました。

そのため数週間以内に画像にあるメイジ・ハンドの微調整、およびフライト・オヴ・ザ・ダムドと数種類のアドオンの若干の変更を検討しています。
    内容は確定していないため、実施することになった場合は後日パッチノートでお知らせします。

Can this announcement be found somewhere on this forum?

It seems that not only the Mage Hand but other aspects will also be adjusted. Isn't it too fast to nerf since the release? Please at least wait for about three weeks to observe the situation. It's ridiculous to have paid money for this.

• For_The_People
    For_The_People Member Posts: 535
    edited June 9

なんかいつもこういうパターンになるから、新しいキラーをすぐに買わない方が良いと思います。

(This tends to be the general pattern with new killers [and perks] so it may be better to hold off buying them straight away [if the power and so on alone are the only draw].)

Post edited by EQWashu on
  • ad19970
    ad19970 Member Posts: 6,356
    edited June 9

The changes to Mage Hand are very good, and absolutely needed. Right now, Mage Hand is too strong and leaves the survivor with little to no counterplay. I also hope they will nerf the Boots of Speed addon, which is too good at giving killers free hits by just blocking pallets.

However, not sure what they will change about FoTD, that ability seems perfect to me and shouldn't be changed in any way or form. I don't see how FoTD is too difficult to counter.

• ad19970
    edited June 9

Pretty sure there are quite a few people that would put Vecna in A tier.

The Mage Hand nerf is absolutely necessary, I am just worried about the changes to FoTD, that ability seems perfect to me the way it is now.

• supersonic853
    supersonic853 Member Posts: 5,498
    edited June 9

Well. What did we expect.They always go further. People like me were fine with the mage hand nerf because he did need it. But really a power that can be easily crouched needing a nerf? It's already barely usable In some cases.

• ad19970
    edited June 9

Couldn't agree more. Mage Hand needs a nerf absolutely, but FoTD is perfect the way it is now. I fear after the change you won't be able to spawn FoTD on top of survivors anymore, but that would be a shame since that too has counterplay, survivors just have to predict that Vecna will spawn the skeletons on top of them.

• Firellius
    Firellius Member Posts: 4,281
    edited June 9

Just a sidenote, but I am definitely not calling him Vecna now that it's been mistranslated as 'Rich'.

It's Richard from here on out.

Preferably in Hyacinth's voice.

• radiantHero23
    radiantHero23 Member Posts: 3,917
    edited June 9
  • Yharwick
    Yharwick Member Posts: 521
    edited June 9

It's a Japanese thing, there's no L in Japanese so they all get translated to R.

• ad19970
    edited June 9

Yes they do. But they shouldn't be a requirement to have any chance of counterplaying a certain ability. Mage Hand should have some form of counterplay without the item as well.

• JustAShadow
    JustAShadow Member Posts: 165
    edited June 9

Surely they are not nerfing Flight of the Damned insta-tech. Surely they are making it not crouchable, right?

• ReverseVelocity
    ReverseVelocity Member Posts: 4,198
    edited June 9

God I hope so, there's literally no way a decent survivor is getting hit by it at all currently.

• ad19970
    edited June 9

I mean, from the wording of it it will most likely be some form of nerf. In my opinion FoTD is perfect the way it is now, it doesn't need any nerfs or buffs. I don't think it should be uncrouchable though, unless they also implement some compensation nerfs to FoTD.

• ad19970
    edited June 9

Nope, not at all. You'll still be able to get a hit against a survivor using the item, if you time Mage Hand well. It will just decrease the distance a survivor needs to have to Vecna when reaching a pallet to participate in a mind game, because it will counter blocking pallets a bit more effectively.

Not to mention, Xeno is far from useless just because of turrets. The turrets are the only thing that keep Xeno in check.

• radiantHero23
    radiantHero23 Member Posts: 3,917
    edited June 9

You didnt get my point.

Xeno´s problem was that many people wanted the killer to get nerfed so that they could outplay the killer even without the turrets. This sentiment was flawed because the main counterplay to Xeno is supposed to be the turrets. If this is a good idea is something entirely else.

Lets take some of the new maps for example. If I use mage hand on the game, what happens:

• survivor most likely makes it to the next pallet.
    • I have just reset a pallet that can be used again.

If I dont get a hit with mage hand, lifting a pallet, I shot myself in the foot HARD.

• H2H
    H2H Member Posts: 694
    edited June 9

Nerfing a bad, nearly useless ability is peak BHVR.

• FriendlyKiller
    FriendlyKiller Member Posts: 337
    edited June 9

Of course his kill rates are high, he's new everyone is playing him and survivors haven't worked out his counters fully. He got buffs after the ptb because he was so lackluster ffs

Severe nerfs to a killer that isn't even a month old seems like an overreaction but I shouldn't be surprised. I really need to follow your advice and stop buying new chapters day 1

• ad19970
    edited June 9

I disagree, at close range it's too hard to dodge in between for the ability to be fair if the crouch counterplay got removed.

• squbax
    squbax Member Posts: 1,438
    edited June 9

Have you ever baited an artist crow? You can do it incredibly close and its not really that hard.

Im not avocating for removing the crouch but even if it got removed moving in between them is still viable and very easy on top.

• Ohyakno
    Ohyakno Member Posts: 998

Certainly nerfs. You can spawn them inside survivors for unavoidable hits.

• ReverseVelocity
    ReverseVelocity Member Posts: 4,198

I mean, those kinds of hits are pretty rare, and also reactable if you're quick enough. 0.5s is within the span of human reaction time.

Compare how often you get these hits (like once per match TOPS) to how easy it is to dodge literally every single other hit from the skeletons.

• ad19970

The 0.5 seconds are just the time until they start flying. However they already have a hitbox much earlier. In order to dodge skeletons spawned on top of you you definitely need to predict that they will spawn on top of you, you can not react to that. Though personally I think that's fine, as counterplay is often based on prediction and not reaction.

But that is probably what is getting nerfed, if I had to take a guess. Hens made a video showcasing how powerful that can be.

• Ohyakno
    Ohyakno Member Posts: 998
    edited June 9

They won't be so rare after people learn the killer better. Eventually it'll just be a part of the killers kit, like hug tech for blight. If you crouch it at that distance vecna is getting an easy m1 regardless.

• イエローミント
    edited June 9

I can't believe that it takes so long to adjust survivors, but killer abilities are adjusted immediately, even while survivors are still getting used to them. In that case, please nerf toolboxes for sabotage since they're hard to deal with too🙄

• glitchboi
    glitchboi Member Posts: 6,014
    edited June 9

I'm fine with the Mage Hand nerf but FotD doesn't need a nerf, that ability (aside from Mage Hand) is the only thing that makes Vecna barely reach the A tier.

• イエローミント

Of course, I expected it to be nerfed. But this change is the fastest ever. Even XENO had two weeks. That’s why I can’t accept a decision made in just two days. Shouldn’t you do the PTB twice?