Limit Healing like Gen kick limit

Marioneo
Marioneo Member Posts: 808
edited June 11 in Feedback and Suggestions

Time for some wacky Anti-Survivor propaganda! Since were on the path to never have infinites such as 3 gen kicking stalling its time survivors receive the same if you recall the miserable circle of healing meta where survivors could infinity reset both themselves and boons thats where the healing limit kicks in each survivor gets 6 health states a match after you reach the maximum you become broken for the rest of the match (Warning perks and killers that inflict deep wounds add to the maximum limit). The new mechanic we can bring back old COH and make medkits strong again

Post edited by Rizzo on

Comments

• SleepyLunatic
    SleepyLunatic Member Posts: 408

I dont think thats quite the same to compare.

• Green_Sliche
    Green_Sliche Member Posts: 613

Ironically that would make game so much better for killers since many survivors can't loop well and can be relatively easily ambushed if they have no protection against it. With no second chance / recovery perks gen hugging as it is would be much less of an issue because survivors already do that, they just have perks that let them return back to the game if something goes wrong.

On-topic : I'd introduce a mechanic that applies a permanent stack on survivor upon being hit. Each stack would make healing self or others slower. There would be a cap for the stack but the idea here is if killers keeps landing hits successfully over and over but can't down someone or hook yet there is still progress being done because survivors slowly but gradually do become weaker.

• humanbeing1704
    humanbeing1704 Member Posts: 8,940

this would be a giant unnecessary nerf to healing perks if it were implemented

Autodidact eventually becomes unusable? Niche stuff like solidarity?

• jokere98
    jokere98 Member Posts: 575

well, there is no problem with Trail of torment/unforseen/dragon's grip/i believe i forgot something eventually becoming unusable

• GolbezGarlandGabrant
    GolbezGarlandGabrant Member Posts: 974

Isn't overhealing how survivors lose? Especially when it's done under the hook.

• crogers271
    crogers271 Member Posts: 1,699

The problem without the gen kick limit is that it froze the game. Survivors would stand away from gens, killers would patrol the gens, and neither would approach because both had infinite resources.

Limiting both sides creates a similar problem. Now you have one side that's out of heals, so they don't want to approach, while the killer with gen kicks left stay by their gens.

One side needs to have the pressure on them to progress the game. Conceptually, this used to be on survivors because of the time limit, but that was really bad for game health. The most straightforward way to address this was limiting gen kicks to keep killers from an entirely defensive playstyle.

• Green_Sliche

Depends on killer played. I noticed many beginner players tend to land lots of hits but when it comes to downs they struggle a lot or tend to often switch targets. Against survivors with no recovery that could result into a longer matches and higher odds of getting a hook / kill. Since many bring medkits and at least one perk for chase / recovery, the hit distribution play does little in terms of progress. Then again, it depends on player skill - some may be able to utilize gen perk load outs, some may not. When it comes to recovery though, any skill level can benefit from that one way or another on average level.

My idea would simply introduce a hit and run meta. It would require number balancing so it's not too troublesome for beginner players, however it would also encourage killers to distribute pressure because now every successful hit would have a lasting effect on survivor.

• Rudjohns
    Rudjohns Member Posts: 1,963

Once the limit is reached, that survivor repairs gens 50% faster

I'm down

• n000b51
    n000b51 Member Posts: 612
    edited June 11

'Limit Healing like Gen kick limit'
    If after an unhook, the saved surv will be instant-healed, this suggest will be acceptable.

And I particularily like the question to OTZ without to post his reply about this. What the point ? OTZ isn't the only streamer to play DbD…

• Pulsar
    Pulsar Member Posts: 20,775

so you're trying to help new, or bad no judging, Killers but they aren't the one's that need help?

by and large, those Killers are averaging over 60% KR. I don't think the role needs such sweeping changes unless 60% isn't enough anymore.

• Green_Sliche

The plan was to give players who distribute hits some sense of progress.

Then again it may be helpful for some or do absolutely nothing to another, like a passive 3 vault bamboozle that game currently has.

• Caiman
    Caiman Member Posts: 2,548

This is the kind of thing that maybe could have worked if the game was designed for it from the start so it could be balanced properly, but it's way too late for something this radical, and I don't know if it would improve anything anyway.

• Neaxolotl
    Neaxolotl Member Posts: 1,477

Yes, why not, meta shakeup we all love right

Survivors should use more of gen boost perks, they are being too underutilized

• Neaxolotl

Same goes for literally any balance changes we've got, it'll work no matter what

• Yharwick
    Yharwick Member Posts: 521

Hilariously that would probably be a massive nerf to legion.

But in all seriousness I don't think a change like that is needed if anything maybe something like everything is normal for the first 3-4 injuries and if a survivor gets injured 5 times they get mangled and hemorrhage, like the wound gets harder to heal if it keeps being reopened.

To be clear even that I don't think is needed but at least it's more thematic.

• Hex_Ignored
    Hex_Ignored Member Posts: 1,836

Why not just make no mither (minus the upsides, of course) base kit?

• ArkInk
    ArkInk Member Posts: 647

If a killer can't stop a survivor team from resetting, I feel like that's indicative of an issue with healing speed more than it is healing amount. Nobody ever saw a survivor heal in 5 seconds and said 'they should be allowed to do that 6 more times' the same way people don't see the current healing speeds and say 'that needs to be limited.' Old CoH would be stupid even with a heal limit, the same way 40% Pain Res would be busted with the current regression limit.

The reason why Gen regression should be limited is that gens are on fixed points on the map, allowing a killer to plan around taking advantage of a 3 gen and consistently patrolling them to stop survivors, whereas survivors healing is dependent on their location. If survivors are healing, it means they're being hit, which means they should be also being hooked, which is limiting resets via the three strikes rule. If the survivors aren't being hooked, that would either be because of killer misplay or something else going on, being either survivors simply outplaying the killer or a broken something/exploit. Either way, that isn't a reason for a heal limit.

TLDR, gens and healing are very different. There's no reason to conflate the two together.

• Neaxolotl

Because there is no accomplishment of hitting survivors in that case, I don't understand why you thought that's in same vein

• Marioneo
    Marioneo Member Posts: 808

Wait you want me to punish the better players for doing well and not getting hit?

Ok if a survivor throws more then 2 pallets without receiving a hit you become 10% hindred and exposed for 60 seconds

• TerraEsram
    TerraEsram Member Posts: 651

First of: It is a very bad idea, like Pulsar say, you are just gonna destroy all casual or gentle survivor in the game and the SFW or very strong survivor gonna be the only one who play this game

But, you remind me something, at the beginning of the developpement of DBD, the dev have one idea for survivor, making a limit, some "exhausted" limit, like, when survivor run, they can't run forever, they have some stamina, where, when they got to zero, they are exhausted and begin to be more slower than when they are walking

• VomitMommy
    VomitMommy Member Posts: 2,259

Depends on the killer.

It's kinda correct way to play against 3-gen.

But keep healing against infinite Myers, or Legion? Not really

• Devil_hit11
    Devil_hit11 Member Posts: 8,029

i am saying that they do not limit # of healing for survivor. they buff killer such that it is easier to machine gun the survivor making healing less effectively. STBFL is the limit of healing. So maybe after 15 hits, you gain 50% cooldown reduction on basic attacks permanently.

• Neaxolotl

Probably like 5 times then, because gen kicking is "meant to not affect normal matches" but very well happens in like half the matches, same would happen for this

• Tits
    Tits Member Posts: 196

People would dc to legion even more than skull merchant, and plagues powers would kinda stop working if people cleansed enough times than couldnt anymore

• Iron_Cutlass
    Iron_Cutlass Member Posts: 3,153
    edited June 12

This is not a good idea since we would go back to another 3-Gen meta.

Killer would just run a bunch of kick regression perks, go from Generator to Generator, tag Survivors, and just win with nothing the Survivors can do since they would be forced to eventually become broken. And with 3-Gen set-ups like the one on Haddonfield or Dead Dawg, it would be really awful to go against.

Also having "Deep Wounds" count towards it would:

1. Promote Tunneling, since past a certain point they literally wont be able to heal. Teammate that take Protection Hits will be punished by not being able to heal.
    2. It would actually nerf Legion since Legion can already injure Survivors quickly so healing is a waste of time in most cases, it's why Legion Pin is such a bad addon, you want Survivors to heal since you undo it so easily.

Also I think people forget that Dead by Daylight is an asymmetrical game, meaning that either side has to be balanced differently. Im tired of people treating it like Survivor and Killer need the same restrictions or equivalents solely off the basis of "one side has it, therefore the other should."

Post edited by Iron_Cutlass on
  • Seraphor
    Seraphor Member Posts: 9,197
    edited June 12

Never happens to me, or indeed the vast amount of players. You don't need to kick a gen 8 times, a number that was chosen because it is rarely reached, according to actual stats.

You are a statistical outlier and are over reliant on kicking gens.

• Kaitsja
    Kaitsja Member Posts: 1,815

Sorry but I just don't see how this is a good idea. Healing and Generators are two entirely different things. Survivors can only get infinite resets if the killer isn't hooking them.

• alpha5
    alpha5 Member Posts: 293

Introduce a hilariously bad mechanic so busted perks and items can come back. What logic is this? Did you think about this for even half a minute beyond "these OP survivors need a nerf"? Get hit off hook twice and you are already at 4 heal states. Healing would be completely pointless and 3genning easier than ever.