The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

nerf toolboxes and gen progression or buff gen regression perks

legiondoctor
legiondoctor Member Posts: 146
edited June 10 in Feedback and Suggestions

toolboxes sabo does need nerf but if you intend to never buff gen regression then nerf all the good gen progression perks and toolboxes so killer actually has a chance with bad perks. if you dont its just gonna make killer run franklins demise (which i called it that toolboxes was too strong that franklins is gonna be meta) or slug to get a win

Post edited by Rizzo on

Comments

• Seraphor
    Seraphor Member Posts: 9,197
    edited June 10

The only thing I think really needs a nerf (not to say the rest shouldn't be nerfed but I don't think there's a significant need for it) is Commodious Toolboxes.

They've now received a buff to sabo speeds alongside all other toolboxes, in addition to being far and beyond the most efficient repair tool, and it's not even purple.

I think this one toolbox needs the sabo speed rolled back to baseline, and charges dropped to 28.

Purple toolboxes should be the best ones.

• Yippiekiyah
    Yippiekiyah Member Posts: 478

Reduce commodious toolbox to 24 charges and rework the toolbox add ons that give extra charges, speed.

• C3Tooth
    C3Tooth Member Posts: 8,266

I really think that all items should be down to one version to Brown (the most basic one) that come for free.

• Coffeecrashing
    Coffeecrashing Member Posts: 3,649

All toolboxes should be 16 charges. That would fix all the issues that repair stacking currently has.

• VantablackPharaoh91
    VantablackPharaoh91 Member Posts: 584
    edited June 10

Just give every toolbox 16-20 charges, make some repair only and some sabo only (no cross-use anymore) and call it a day, Commodious especially and the purple toolboxes are quite overtuned now. The others are probably OK.

Repair stacking is an issue. Hell I would even go so far as to normalize some repair perks, like Resilience, down to 3% only. You shouldn't get free extra value for something when stacked together for something as simple as being injured, MFT proved that. Without repair stacking, the games progress just fine in a flow all their own. But with it, the games progress too quickly for a lot of Killers to handle. For the good of game health, repair stacking has to be addressed.

• LandoMan3429
    LandoMan3429 Member Posts: 1

Or maybe, just hear me out…

They should bring back infinite regression events.

• Fury122
    Fury122 Unconfirmed, Member Posts: 1

Lol if they do that then nerf the killer regression perks because the game needs balancing. I don't see toolboxes as an issue but then again killers complain about everything from medkits to endurance effects.

• HolyDarky
    HolyDarky Member Posts: 608

I agree with Seraphor the only toolbox that needs a nerf is the Commodious Toolboxes and their event versions. These toolboxes combined with extra charges or speed are really painful since you save so much time on a generator for free. They also need to undo the sabo buff to all toolboxes because sabo is so free and easy since the their buff. I disagree with making every Toolbox have the same amount of charges because otherwise they like Medkits and it makes no difference which rarity you use and this is sad. I also dislike the idea of making Sabo- and Repairtoolboxes only because sometimes it's helpful to save some charges from you Repairtoolbox to do a big sabo play.
    I also think some Toolbox Add-Ons could get a nerf or rework: BNP is still a really strong Add-On and should get a different effect like the regression of a generator with BNP is slower (70% instead of 100%). The Wire Spool Add-On should be reduce from 12 to 10 charges. Instructions Add-On is so useless and should maybe increase the skill check chance to 10% or 20% when using a toolbox. Clean Rag and Socket Swives could get a 5% nerf. If we want to make them more different maybe the Socket Swive could get a new effect like "if you using a toolbox while working with another survivor, this survivor gets a speedbonus of 10% for the time you use your toolbox" or something like this. All the sabo Add-Ons are fine if they undo the sabo buff.

Some regression Perks can get a buff to be more viable while still beeing healthy. However, buffing them too much could result in every killer runs four slowdown perks and this is not so great.

• TheLastTreedad
    TheLastTreedad Unconfirmed, Member Posts: 9

At this point just remove all add ons, and watch ppl still ######### about #########.

• rkindrix1
    rkindrix1 Member Posts: 5

I agree with you 💯, I like listening to these conversations, but lately it just seems like it's just a bunch of people just complaining about nerfing this perk or buffing this perk. Behavior is trying to create some form of balanc , so it's not always going to go your way. I agree with this person, you're not going to win every game, so just try to have fun. Like they said also , if it's that frustrating to you , then just take a break and come back.

• OmegaCerebro
    OmegaCerebro Member Posts: 18

Are survivors all of a sudden sabotage happy? Because I missed that memo. I've yet to see an influx of teammates rushing in to save me from being hooked by sabotaging a hook.

• Neaxolotl
    Neaxolotl Member Posts: 1,477

Certainly survivors has always been sabotage happy, and nowadays they make the killer unhookable rather than getting traded thanks to the buffs