show survivor perks at the start of the game

lazypedro
lazypedro Member Posts: 14
edited June 12 in Feedback and Suggestions

Not for the killer, of course.

Yes, it sounds like a bad idea, because survivors may start to call each other out ("why don't you run meta-perks!!!") - it wouldn't be like that if we had a casual and competitive game mode ( I wrote a thread about it lol).

I think, it would benefit solo que a lot. You are BLIND as a survivor in solo que. You can't come up with a cohesive strategy over 4 survivors without any knowledge while the killer can pick a strong build. Seeing the perks of your teammates might at least give you some idea, what they want to play.

Or we just change our behavior and call out that we have deli at the start of the game xD

BUT imagine you knew that someone had deja vu. They could show in a direction at the start of the game and you could figure out, that they know where the most vital gens were.

EDIT: You only see them, once the game is about to start and who dcs here is punished.

Post edited by Rizzo on

Comments

• CountOfTheFog
    CountOfTheFog Member Posts: 2,199

It would have to at least wait until the loading screen. I'm dodging No Mither players and so would a lot of people lol 😆

• Huge_Bush
    Huge_Bush Member Posts: 5,307

No, people would lobby dodge even more and make queue times skyrocket.

• Junylar
    Junylar Member Posts: 2,005

If they show them during playtime, soloQ will dissolve itself completely as people will start sandbagging each other because they don't like someone's build. We already have this happening with the Invocation, imagine what will start happening if they see all each other's perks.

• crogers271
    crogers271 Member Posts: 1,737

I think it would cause more problems then it would help.

I think they need to put a few more things in the HUD / map display. Example - if someone has deliverance active (or Wicked in basement) and is on the hook, give their aura a different color. That way if they are proxy camped they can stay on hook and everyone else stay on gens.

• lazypedro

I can see what you folks point out xD

That's why I thought of a game mode where ALL gamers aren't allowed to use strong meta perks.

People who dodge no mither players are also dc-ing at the start of the game which is not better xD

• lazypedro

I like those ideas with different auras as well!!!

• lazypedro

Yes, it most certainly has to wait until the loading screen

• sonata93
    sonata93 Member Posts: 418

this is why chaos shuffle was so healthy for the game.

whilst it would be great as a solo-queue player to see what build others are using, as other have said, some players would get grief for using certain perks (No Mither, Invocation, Left Behind, etc). This is why SWF can be so effective, because their perks can be organised and have synergy with each other.

• BbQz
    BbQz Member Posts: 83

So many people mention the bad. While not thinking of the good. The game desperately needs to make solo Q and SWF even. Meaning showing perks and basic quick chat commands like work on gens or unhook now or healing

how are you supposed to balance a game when you have two completely different games inside each other. No matter the bad the good will out weight it for future balance alone.

Not to mention they could just had a dodging limit of 3 per hour. Honestly that should be in game already as killers dodge Swf constantly which only extend que times and widen MMR searches which punish weaker killers by giving them a 4 man who are way above them in skill level

• Objectively_speaking
    Objectively_speaking Member Posts: 507

This would kill the game for a lot of people. No more fun meme builds because you WILL be insulted by other players. We saw this with reassurance and some mean SWFs never letting people go bye on hook, we see this currently with low prestige survivors getting dodged by other survivors in the lobby, and I know that if you or another player runs No Mither almost every other player gives up. Also, not all Survivors are meta lovers but you only need one of the four to DC at the screen, or go next on hook for the game to be ruined.

Unfortunately, the bad of a few ruins what could be good, but would ultimately just lead to lobby dodging low leveled or no perk players, and more people going next at spawn because a meghead has yellow and green perks or certain perks etc.

If the only benefit is something knowing Jane has Solidarity or Adam has Autodidact is not worth being unable to play a game because you do not have the latest meta perk.

TLDR This system will do more harm then good and will give mean players more ammo to justify there bad behavior <Lobby dodging, DCing, Giving up on hook, etc.>

• not_Queef
    not_Queef Member Posts: 820

I'm not going to remember what perks my teammates are running.

Expanding the HUD a little bit to include certain perks would be a help, like they do with perk buffs and debuffs.

Something like this: (eg. this shows when the teammate is on the hook and the perk is active)

• SaltyNooty
    SaltyNooty Member Posts: 276

Why no mithers hate, it's a REALLY good perk 😭

I'm one of those players who run no mithers, but usually with Resilience and Deja Vu cause funny gen speed. I can't tell you how many times I've used my build to speed up gens, juice the mess out of killers and turn around a 4-man slug. (Literally happened earlier when a Thana Legion kept getting Sabo'd, he unfortunately won but still got his stuff JUICED.)

• lazypedro

Tiny mistakes can backfire hard in this game and it is hard to communicate in solo Q sometimes. At least, give me some information about the usage of certain perks like deli. Also, why not include a basic sign language for survivors? Pointing somewhere can mean so much: go there, the killer is there, a gen is there. If someone tells me, that they go unhook right when the game has started, I get a better sense how this person will play.

Just a yoda language:

I (makes the waving hand to themself) unhook ( *forms a hook with their hand* )

Healing? (makes a samariter cross) to the survivor slugged on the ground from their hiding spot. Maybe they get up anyway.

• MrT1412
    MrT1412 Member Posts: 108

People that would do that do it already, it's kinda a moot point and it's bannable.