Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

The survivors are ruining the event

This event is already not fun

Comments

• VantablackPharaoh91
    VantablackPharaoh91 Member Posts: 580
    edited June 13

Yeah I genuinely hate events, they are the sweatiest things alive and if I want to have any fun I also have to sweat. I wanna be vibey AND get some results. I want maybe a 1-3k without having to be the most nasty human alive to do it, or at least enough time to get enough BP to enjoy the event.

I don't wanna be a sweaty Pinhead running Iri Box with Impaling Wire and unfun perks like Franklin's to combat toolboxes, I WANT to be Pinhex with chain casting reduction running cool thematic "pleasure or pain" style hex related builds so everyone gets lots of BP regardless of who wins because they have to do totems and still get a few Kills then let the rest go while giving goofy nodders. I don't want to bring max slowdown Tombstone Myers and send everyone to Lerys, I WANT to run low terror radius scary Myers and send them to Hawkins for fun jumpscares time and still be allowed to do well. I don't want to run max injury pressure forever Broken Legion or four slowdown slug them all Ghostface, I want to do cool zoomies with a chase build and stealth stuff with Dark Devotion or Trail of Torment for fun and still do OK.I don't WANT to run the same four meta perks of WoO Lithe Resilence DS with a Commodious with BNP+Spool JUST to have a chance at escape, I want to run Aestri with fun perks that are there to be cute for my team and still get something from the round. I wanna be stealth Sadako and Memeolas Cage with Bardic Inspiration and a chill Vecna and a vibey Sable with four scream perks for funsies and a cool Nemesis running Mad Grit and Nemesis for the silliness and a friendly Bill who gets to boop the Pig's snoot during events.

And I can't during events, because I feel I HAVE GOT to run meta all the time, constantly or I won't get anything out of a round.

• Garboface
    Garboface Member Posts: 282

I do too. I just never cave in to the proper response, which is tunneling. That whole thing about "becoming what you hate" is real. So, I let them have at it, given they need me frothing at the mouth and running around like a demented loon to justify their antics. I just remain casual and enjoy my 2 or 3 hooks. "Be the change you wish to see in the world."+Ghandi.

I used to be the aforementioned demented loon. Very much so. I would face camp and tunnel. The works. Then, record it and rewatch it later to quell my doubts about my own sanity. ("Those teabags! They made me act like this!)

It had the opposite effect however. I became embarrassed that I was acting like a nut job on front street. Others...they were seeing this. Yes, I clutched my pearls.

What helped me the most and continues to help me? Playing both sides. Not only from a sanity through understanding standpoint but I learned how to play both roles better, albeit limited by "what I would do if I was them" and trying to counter before they do what they be trying to do.

Nowadays, it has been a practice so long, that I enjoy the game 90% of the time (contingent on my frame of mind, of course).

• HexHuntressThighs
    HexHuntressThighs Member Posts: 1,243

I’m not gonna lie, The heal you expose you is kinda insane considering I injure people with my Hatchets and then they get heals and even tho they are exposed I can’t instadown really because I’m still 110 lol. It’s pretty much just a free pressure reset.

• radiantHero23
    radiantHero23 Member Posts: 3,944

Damn. I have to slug now to get anywhere? Proceeds to win with bloddwarden + stbfl only Pig against full loadouts squads.

• Marioneo
    Marioneo Member Posts: 808

Giving up on first hook has been an issue everyone talks about why are you keeping a mechanic that ruins matches for both the survivors teammates and the killer while preventing a bot from taking over

• VantablackPharaoh91

Us vs. Them is cringe and the fact of the matter is BOTH SIDES sweat during events. Please let's not pretend it's only one side. Survivors AND Killers both sweat hard during events.

• Chaogod
    Chaogod Member Posts: 135

Gens are incredibly fast. Now that all the good gen regression perks are dead. Very frequently I see myself at two gens on the first hook which is insane and its not that long. If you are not playing Blight or Nurse then you may as well concede. It also doesn't help auto heaven (the one where its split between two sides) is in rotation and that is almost an auto win (pun intended) for survivors.

• Quizzy
    Quizzy Member Posts: 862

I'm having a good time. Honestly, there really isn't any difference for me. Normal mode or the event, there will be a few matches where the other side just plays to win by any means necessary. Thats just dbd. I absolutely love the boosts from the mad designer. It's new and spices up the matches.

• legiondoctor
    legiondoctor Member Posts: 154

You must be playing a different event cause this event is survivor sided

On a survivor sided game

• Garboface
    Garboface Member Posts: 282

Solo Q is agonizing but something about It feels more pure. No advantages. No real information. Just sight and sound.

• Neaxolotl
    Neaxolotl Member Posts: 1,477

Objectively speaking, gens are easier than pre regression nerfs to complete for sure

• legiondoctor
  • legiondoctor

So afterall this i hope event gets better but as of now toolboxes and survivors mechanics they get from this event needs removed or fixed cause its not fun. But as of now event isnt fun til something gets fixed from this survivor sided event

• TerraEsram
    TerraEsram Member Posts: 653

You know what? This event make some "random" effect on the two side (killer and survivor)
    Imagine, one of them was "All your perk got random! for the rest of the match"

I love this idea

• feechima
    feechima Member Posts: 905

I will say 'players" are trying to ruin the event not just survivors. Had some very not fun games yesterday. I don't even run anti-tunnel builds but I had off the record on for half my playtime.

• legiondoctor

*KIller main* i play both sides and say survivors have it easy

• mecca
    mecca Member Posts: 292

I know. It's been proven they only care about the killer experience.

• VantablackPharaoh91

This is the truth, this is the answer, but nobody wants to admit maybe their favored side is part of the problem too.

• NekoGamerX
    NekoGamerX Member Posts: 5,277

it not just killers or survivors it players every year every event is like this.

• SoloQKev
    SoloQKev Member Posts: 163

Every game I play is so bad; survivors are getting tunnelled and camped at 5 gens. I have had 2 sm who just slug. :( I get excited about events but I quickly get depressed.

• Wihris
    Wihris Member Posts: 4
    edited June 21

Sad part is we have to sweat just to have a chance at playing the game and gaining BP.

I totally get you since I like to run fun builds and play casually but during this event I had to switch my usual non sweaty builds for Dead Hard, MFT to loop the killer long enough to perhaps force them to leave me and slap on Reassurance to prevent my teammates from being tunneled as fast, since it's all I'm seeing every match. What can I say, I don't like being tunneled out at 5 gens or having to play an unwinnable slog fest 3 vs 1 match with 5 gens left. The fact that I have gotten huge Reassurance value every single game says enough, since 90% of killers just proxy camp just outside range and come right back for the tunnel.

I have to be very aggressive with gens, luckily my teammates have been too. Most will still chase that person even if you are doing a generator right in their face. Then complain when generators fly...

If I'm lucky my teammates are the ones pressuring gens and I can be the one pressuring the unhook. The matches I have lost were the ones where my teammates unhooked in less than 20 seconds when the killer is tunneling or roaming around the hook area. Let that person stay in hook for longer for the sake of the team… Some even see that I reassured and still unhook them. Needless to say those matches were the hardest to win. But I have been sweating against tunnelers and have managed to get 3 or 2 people out, including myself in at least half of those games.

If they sweat I'm going to as well and I'm not sorry for it. I can't even play the event mode as a survivor because insta-hooks negate even gimmicky perks like Power Struggle and you can't even save people that are being tunneled if they go down on a pallet.

I have never seen so much tunneling and I have been playing this game for two years. I even created this forum account because I couldn't resist joining these discussions. Tunneling is such a cheap strategy. The killers that I get don't even know how to play their killer properly most times, their MMR is just inflated. The tunnelers I occasionally came across before the event at least knew how to mind game, loop and use their power and perks. These just chase a survivor the entire match and lose 4 gens in the process. Switch targets, pressure gens, use your brain. It's not that hard. I have been playing killer in the event and it's just easy mode. No need for tunneling, camping or meta perks or killers. I'm sorry to say I don't share OPs opinion, respectfully.

Post edited by Wihris on