Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

I have a question

Wraff
Wraff Member Posts: 149
edited June 12 in General Discussions

Why is it whenever BHVR screws up then the Killer community has to be nerfed in some way?

They nerf anti tunnel perks and suddenly Survivors can get off the hook for free if they Killer spends to much time around the hook?

They ######### out the Skull Merchant + Knight on top of their lousy map design and suddenly Killer's are not allowed to kick gens after a certain amount?

Killers try to combat gen speeds and the meta gets nerfed because of…. reasons? I honestly dont understand these nerfs towards anti tunnel and anti gen perks in general.

Comments

• n000b51
    n000b51 Member Posts: 636
    edited June 12

You have more than one single question I see.

You say something here but how many times you have used the 'Anti Face-Camp' mechanic to 'get off the hook for free' ?
    Honestly, in SoloQ the only time that I could used it, we have all the rest of the team around the PyramidHead's hook as the killer stays a little bit away enough to really avoid to increase fastly the AFC progression bar. Nobody on my team notices this yet.
    So my bar has reached the 2nd stage before the 'free unhook' as you said. Then PH staying around, has naturally used his M2 to down me again so quickly (5sec or less ?).
    I think this AFC is worst it.

After 8 taps if I recall the patchnote correctly.
    Well, about the SM & the Hairy Knight, I think this change is only to encourage them to take more chases.
    But it is still easy for them to keep a trigen, to use their power to defend him and as soon as they have downed someone around, they pick him up & hook on the hook near their trigen & still can slug any survivor around bc the hook is already used. This to secure a kill or 'defend' their gen.
    So they can save their tap on gen and probably they can make 2k or more in this way.
    _________
    3rd.question:
    ⇒ 'Killers try to combat gen speeds and the meta gets nerfed because of…. reasons? I honestly dont understand these nerfs towards anti tunnel and anti gen perks in general.'

Chases take too long for killers & they probably don't have time to do enough to be rewarded enough at the end. So a meta gen build is required.
    And you don't understand these 'nerfs towards anti tunnel & anti tunnel gen perks in general' either you aren't tunnelled each game or you don't use this bugged nerfed DS for 4 sec, or this Off The Record/Borrowed Time that it can easily counter by a free hit directly after the unhook.
    Add to that, you still have many survs that they absolutely want to proc their DS during the match. So they aggro & be openly provocative to the killer to use it…
    _________
    I think to respond to your questions, BVHR resplies to the players community in this way.

• appleas
    appleas Member Posts: 1,123

It will be better if more Killer players apply more macroplay to their gameplay, knowing when to detach, chasing the right targets etc rather than just blindly chasing whichever Survivor shows up in front of them.

Whether the average Survivor can improve accordingly to keep up with such a playstyle is a different story though.

• Devil_hit11
    Devil_hit11 Member Posts: 8,176

i still don't understand why knight was ever bunched up as 3 gen killer. he is chase killer that rely on summoning to zone survivors. He just isn't particularly fast at downing survivors despite being a killer geared towards chase. He doesn't get rewarded for landing guards on top of the survivor. All the survivors can outrun his guards, so he only ever gets effective when survivors are in the corner and are unable to run away from both him and the guard itself in the pincer. There are pathing and strategies to delay the pincer. Delay it enough while doing gens and he falls flat as a killer.

I don't think more slowdown perks being invented cause perks to get nerfed. Hex:ruin was first slowdown perk to ever be released and it was meta since the very start. Pop goes weasel went into meta as soon as they made it an effective perk. The other slowdown perks introduced alternative options for the killer to select. they keep getting selected because most of BVHR's other killer perks are drastically under-tuned compare to game-delay perks. The other reason why they keep getting selected is that the killer's base game-delay for being successful at the chase is atrociously bad. BVHR still has made little to no attempts to improve the killer's game-delay presence for being effective at playing the killer. as a result, the killer player are forced to use perks to do create game-delay presence. High pick rate leads to high effectiveness rate which leads to nerf's. Just a big giant snowball effect.

• VantablackPharaoh91
    VantablackPharaoh91 Member Posts: 580

Not all Killers, there's still a handful that struggle to do well and are well below 60%. I assume these Killers will be buffed in due time.

• Wraff
    Wraff Member Posts: 149
    edited June 15

Making a lot of assumptions there. Everytime a Killer is given something nice its taken away a few months later vs how long it takes them to be bothered to look at Killer sided issues.

Billy gets an unjust nerf? Takes the three years to do anything about

DS is clearly unhealthy for the game. To do anything about it

Mori's get nerfed but it takes them almost a year and a half to bother looking at Key's.

Hell they've completely given up on Freddy.

Post edited by Wraff on
  • VantablackPharaoh91
    VantablackPharaoh91 Member Posts: 580

They have literally consistently buffed Killers with weak kits since last year starting with Onryo and the only real nerfs they did were last patch with the gen regression nerf.

• AmpersandUnderscore
    AmpersandUnderscore Member Posts: 1,670

Three words:

Nowhere to hide

This perk was the last piece to solidify the cobruption meta that inevitably led to the 3 gen meta as well.

You also have to consider that knight is a zoning killer and the guards can only patrol a limited area. So in addition to the perk, this was one of the killers who excelled at holding down a relatively small area indefinitely (i.e. 3 genning). This wasn't a typical hag or trapper trap you could avoid or disarm, it's a decent area of effect that patrols the area and, at worst, notifies the killer where you are. At best, it takes a health state while the killer patrols the other gen.

So knight was part of the meta problem, and basically a lot of killers had that neuron activation moment that holding games hostage was easier than chase, right at the same time.

• Devil_hit11

that doesn't make any sense. just because a killer has a perk to 3 gen doesn't make them 3 gen centric. Nemesis comes with eruption and Onryo came with Call of brine, Nemesis is not 3 gen killer.

• AmpersandUnderscore
    AmpersandUnderscore Member Posts: 1,670

Did you stop reading after the first sentence?

Knights power is also most about zoning a decent sized area, which was a big reason people started 3 genning as well.

Having a power that specializes in information or just outright denial / free hits for holding a 3 gen is a pretty big deal, especially since the 3 gen meta was widely hated and took far too long to address.

Just because SM ultimately did this better, doesn't mean that knight wasn't also really good at it to begin with. That's not something that doctor, Nemesis, or onryo have.

• Devil_hit11

The zoning is chase ability. it is not big deal, he can't hits with his guards and flag disables every guard in 6 seconds for 2/3 of guards. he was never good at 3 gens. what made any killer good at 3 gen is perks. Nowhere to hide is not a good 3 gen perk. the information it provides is irrelevant for 3 gens when your doing that from the start.