Flight of the Damned Hitboxes

Quick one.
BHVR, please buff the hitboxes of Flight of the Damned to be uncrouchable.

The audio cue for Flight is at least 16m so that means it's almost unusable at a distance to snipe survivors on gens, and, funny enough, a survivor's hitbox is smaller while on a gen + being healed.

You're reliant on:
Using Flight at pallets during an animation lock and facing against survivors who literally cannot find where the crouch button is on their keyboard or controller.
You get no utility out of an already easily countered ability. It's like if Pyramid Head's Punishment could be countered by standing still in the direct line. It just doesn't make sense.

PLEASE, please, buff the hitboxes. I'll take the current cooldowns IF IT MEANS we get a usable Flight of the Damned on Vecna.

Comments

• Ohyakno
    Ohyakno Member Posts: 1,043
    edited June 17

BHVR is never going to implement a free health state ability that penetrates obstacles. This would get a hit at most loops in the game.

• huxenjoyer92
    huxenjoyer92 Member Posts: 28
  • Ohyakno
    Ohyakno Member Posts: 1,043

Artist has to hit birds twice. Pyramid Head is not shooting out AOE lasers through obstacles.

This is stuff that I shouldn't even have to address. You knew someone was going to mention it when you made the topic and you are also aware they are not equivalent. Why even bring it up?

• huxenjoyer92
    huxenjoyer92 Member Posts: 28

First, even if Artist has to hit birds twice, they still can hit through walls and you have to have a modicum of accuracy to hit them (which I will not deny, she's a hard killer to play). That doesn't change the fact she still has to shoot them through walls.

Second, Flight is not an "AOE laser" when actually that seems more akin to Pyramid Head's ability since it can not only hit multiple survivors simultaneously, the hitbox travels fast enough to hit survivors not paying attention while also slow enough to reward people who 1) loop properly and 2) don't press one button and win the mind game

• MrT1412
    MrT1412 Member Posts: 108

The ability is strong enough already and I don't think Vecna needs any changes after the mage hand nerfs.

• Skitten56
    Skitten56 Member Posts: 383

Flight of the Damned is just fine as it is. Its not meant to be free hits whenever you want them. If you are actually good with Vecna you'll know how to use it properly to either get hits with it directly, or zone and ensure an m1 hit.

It doesn't need any changes to make it harder to dodge for survivors.

• TheGriffinDore
    TheGriffinDore Member Posts: 86

"Please make the game as mindlessly easy as possible because I can't be bothered to learn how to pilot the killer's kit to moderate effect" is the rough translation i'm getting from this.

The whole point of the killer's design is to be jack of all trades, master of none. If you start giving him 4 fully juiced powers at once, you get stupid. And nobody wants stupid.

• NekoTorvic
    NekoTorvic Member Posts: 778

Flight of the damned is fine as it is.

Honestly maybe what id do is have the skellies have a tiny damaging smoke trail trail following behind them, maybe like a meter. That way survivors have to crouch for a split second longer if they wanna avoid the attack, which would improve your zoning.

But if not that, FotD is perfect as is.