Hand-Eye Coordination should be removed or reworked.

I am worried by the existence of Hand-Eye Coordination and disagree with the precedent it sets for achievement design. It's the first survivor achievement ever to require facing a specific killer. I don't like that as an element. At least the realm specific ones, like Outbreak Breakout and all the "repair the gen in the main building and escape" achievements, have map offerings to help you grind them out.

Imagine if Vecna became as rare to face as Twins. This would be borderline mathematically impossible at that point.

Comments

• Iron_Cutlass
    Iron_Cutlass Member Posts: 3,185

Id like to add to this, the Rightful Owner challenge requires you to get 4 Kills when someone gets the Hand/Eye of Vecna, and is intended to be the counter-achievement to Hand-Eye Coordination.

It's not like you have much agency on the Killers you face, so even if it is Vecna, and you manage to get the Hand/Eye of Vecna, it is likely that you will be tunneled out because the Vecna player is trying to get the counter-achievement.

• UndeddJester
    UndeddJester Member Posts: 3,017
    edited June 18

Well… just for the sake of accuracy, since a Vecna player can attempt this any time, there is a reasonable likelihood they already have it… but the point is still valid, as the player with the Vecna item will likely be targetted just for the unique mori, or out of spite because killers and survivors in this game hate each others guts… so the point stands :D

I dunno, personally I'm on the fence about it, just cause to get every achievement in DBD you have to play A LOT of games… its about the same kind of attempt rate/success as repairing gens on specific maps outside of offerings, and even offering attempts are limited for players unless they have a lot of hours. I've been playing over 1200 hrs, and as someone who never uses map offerings, I have maybe 1-2 map offerings per level 3 survivor for each map. Point is offerings aren't reasonably a feasible method for a new player to go for achievements/trophies… so attempts on Vecna would be about the same chance as your average map achievement requirement.

When attempting it, you can actually farm chests. As long as you keep removing items from chests you can keep searching them, and although 1 in 20 sounds really bad, it's not actually as unlikely as you think it is.

My point is, there are also far nastier ones to go for, such as escape Disturbed Ward without getting hit, escape as the obsession without getting hit, as the last survivor alive repair the generators and escape via the gate, the boon a hex totem 20 times trophy, escape RPD after opening the gate 20 times…. Somewhere in all that guff you will probably have a reasonable set of attempts at Vecna even when he isn't popular.

That being said… I wouldn't mind if the escape requirement was dropped. Simply acquire and use one while in chase would be reasonable as the killer becomes rarer in pick rates.

• Emeal
    Emeal Member Posts: 4,954

I dont really care myself if an achievement is rare to get, its still an achievement and its a fun and cool interaction.

I wish there were Survivors achievements regarding all Killer's Powers.

• Ohyakno
    Ohyakno Member Posts: 1,045

I actually got this one like third vecna match.

I couldn't less less about cheevos. They don't do anything. Just thought it was funny.