We have temporarily disabled Firecrackers and the Flashbang Perk due to a bug which could cause the Killer's game to crash. These will be re-enabled in an upcoming patch when the issue is resolved.

Huntress Mains? How are you doing?

How has the Huntress been feeling through all these updates for you all? Does the Huntress feel like an imposing force to be reckoned with? Does she feel dangerous when going into a trial against the Survivors?
How has gameplay been for you all lately? I’m super curious.

Comments

• Peladiño
    Peladiño Member Posts: 19

I don't know if it was really necessary to buff it, I think it's at a very good time. This aiming a little faster benefits and rewards well those who have good reflexes. However, on the other hand, when it comes to making camp, assuming that the killer can camp perfectly without his anti-camping bar going up, I feel that it has also been greatly improved. It's disgusting in that sense because with 7 deserters it's more than enough to kill up to 3 survivors if you hit them all when they try to take down, this is in any phase.

• AggressiveFTW
    AggressiveFTW Member Posts: 1,058

So you're saying that she is a good choice against a really efficient team?

• FrenchBagels
    FrenchBagels Member Posts: 193

This seems like a loaded question. If you ask something like this then it always points to Nurse.

• AggressiveFTW
    AggressiveFTW Member Posts: 1,058
    edited June 23

I'm just saying that no Killer that doesn't have mobility have poor chances to win if the survivors are very efficient on gens and in chase. The most obvious ones who has best chances to win is Blight and Nurse. But Deathslinger and Huntress are both slow AND doesn't have any mobility ability. The Killers who has mobility has best chances to win because time efficiency is key in this game.

• HexHuntressThighs
    HexHuntressThighs Member Posts: 1,243

I just talked with someone who thinks Deathslinger MOVES TO FAST💀 Most people wont see where you're coming from because they don't play those killers enough. She definitely isn't viable against strong teams but like you said FAst killers are really the only ones who do. I always bring this up but no one listens, she has one of the lowest kill rates at general mmr and one of the l.owest at high mmr too. Both her and slinger need changes.

• CountOfTheFog
    CountOfTheFog Member Posts: 2,244

Thank god you're alive. I was worried because it's been like 4 days since you've uploaded a video excited about Wall hack perks.

I'm sure one is on the way! Don't forget to mention "an extra 2 seconds with Lethal"

#Distortion

• HexHuntressThighs

She is honestly only a threat if you put a decent amount of time into her, as despite what you hear from everyone it can be hard to land hatchets. Very map dependent, locker dependent, ammo dependent and has zero mobility. Most generators are impossible to land hatchets on because they are surrounded by so much clutter, orbitals help make up for it (unless there is a roof on the map
    or hella trees. 77% is too slow and as a result Shiny Pin has a very high pick rate, and belts were constantly used so she didn't have to rely on locker spawns/ reloading so much. This is a hot take but I think shiny pin should be basekit and she should be 115% and even then she wouldn't be S Tier, I suggest watching her played in comp where they can never land any hatchets and always end games with 2 hooks. No killer should be 110% without movement speed abilities.

Shes definitely not weak by any means but definitely is one of the hardest killers to master/ use their kit to their full potential. I would say after the buffs she is Mid to Low A Tier. But it doesn't change the fact that half the maps in the game put you at an insane disadvantage for just picking that killer. There is a reason why most Huntress's tunnel and camp.

• CinnaHuntress
    CinnaHuntress Member Posts: 7

Doing terrible. I dropped her as a main because Behaviour won't correct their mistakes. Huntress was peak power design, ideal balance. Good on most maps, only struggling on one or two, but that comes down to the maps themselves.

The changes are so bad that I, a 3 year Huntress main, swapped to maining Vecna.

• C3Tooth
    C3Tooth Member Posts: 8,266

A few people dont appreciate the buff. Their current state usually the most ideal to them, the killer may lack something, but that's why some people "main" them, they spent alot of practice and times to master the killer and strategy, now everyone can do the same for less effort.

I dont like how they changed Trapper, despite he's alot stronger now, but the game play feel brain dead.

I know people who dont like Twins & Knight buff.

• C3Tooth
    edited July 15

For one thing I know for sure that most of you, and of course me, not even reach to the top 30% best players but just average players who keep bring up the top 5% players games as an excuse to asking more buff so average killers can win even more against average survivors.

Im up for Devs to create a comp mode where only 3-4 players SWF who are as good like Ayrun, with some more killer buffs so killers can satisfy the scenario of Huntress is no more struggle against great teams.

But even then, I dont think any of killer here dare to start a game with comp mode. Average killers only want the buff, not to face against great teams. The buff you get would not cover the skill.

• danielmaster87
    danielmaster87 Member Posts: 9,164

X to doubt. You can't even throw over a majority of the game's obstacles. How could a killer who's rendered nigh useless at a rock loop be viable?

• danielmaster87

I'm not convinced. At all. How does Huntress having 7 hatchets, which she could already do before with an add-on, make her ##### dead? How do Trapper, Twins, or Knight's changes make them ##### dead? You could argue they've been made simpler, but since when has that necessarily meant that they're stronger? Because that's what you're implying. Spirit lost all her mind-game-iness and has become simpler, because survivors can literally hear your direction now, and so she's way weaker. Same for, idk, Freddy. His add-ons are way simpler since his nerf, with crap like, "You hear survivors' footsteps louder." Did that make him stronger?

• C3Tooth
    edited July 16

I used the brain dead on Trapper only, my old main.

The other killers, they want them to get more kill, which generally easier to play. If Devs want survivors to escape more, of course they must give a buff, the first thing you would say is "they made survivors easier to play", which technically correct.

I spent 90% of killer games on Trapper for years, and played without slowdown. He required mind game, extreme map knowledge, path chaining between tiles, path manipulating to success a trapping. Now he's just M2 at pallet then catch with Haste, if this isnt brain dead, I dont know what else is. He needed more QoL, but this isnt what I wanted.

• danielmaster87

None of the 110% killers would become S tier if they were 115%. Look at Trickster.

• HexHuntressThighs

Very much so. I’m not sure how people don’t seem to realize that. And when I try to point that out after having hundreds of hours on her, I get told it’s a skill issue lmao💀

• CinnaHuntress
    CinnaHuntress Member Posts: 7

That's exactly the problem. They buffed a killer who was in the ideal spot for balance. Huntress mains know that she didn't need any changes at all.