Since Hooks are being respawned....

Qued
Qued Member Posts: 3
edited June 24 in Feedback and Suggestions

Maybe it's time that survivor's materials respawned as well like pallets or maybe even the generators you complete them and then after a few seconds they stop and you can repair it again.

Post edited by Rizzo on

Comments

• Jwmj
    Jwmj Member Posts: 26

Maybe to the pallets, but gens? no lol

• jezebelthenun
    jezebelthenun Member Posts: 195

If this is the change, we may as well get rid of the wiggle mechanic, honestly. It's already almost useless.

• burt0r
    burt0r Member Posts: 4,160
    edited June 24

Sure, but only if survivor also have to search 30 to 60+ seconds for a corresponding part on the other side of the map to start repairing each iteration of a generator.

• devoutartist
    devoutartist Member Posts: 128

because it add natural pressure on both sides i play both killers and survivors when i play killer tent leave one surv on the floor depending it adds so much natural pressure it gets some one off gens witch you know where both the downed surv and the healing surv are gonna be and for the survivors you're trading hook for down time it a natural pressure that you get on both sides that's going away it removes skill celling personally hook density should be reduced make plays more meaningful in genaral than just a guaranty hook 99% of the time my ideal playing killer is a mix of hooking and leaving ppl on floor it also makes wiggle and bleed timer on survivors not a useless resource and it adds a skill celling on killers and survs

• KaTo1337
    KaTo1337 Member Posts: 548

Currently its like a generator gets eliminated and you only have 2 options left in the endgame instead of 3.

Sounds fair? No?

Well… now you know why a Hook-Respawns is correct and no buff or whatever.

• Ohyakno
    Ohyakno Member Posts: 1,139

Leaving a survivor on the ground is only the winning choice if you're playing a killer that can slug the other survivors in short order. Oni, nurse, an excellent blight or spirit. Otherwise you're trading a 60 second timer for a 4 minute one and shutting yourself off the best perks in the game, which require hooks.

• Xernoton
    Xernoton Member Posts: 5,773

The only negative consequencee that permanently broken hooks had for the killer were that they either to bleed out survivors (which is pretty boring for both sides) and a way to bully them, if the remaining survivors played in a SWF and were all in on it.

This is not a big buff to killers. It's only done so that these situations won't occur anymore. If a killer had no hooks but they got the down on you, then they wouldn't let you wiggle out regardless. You'd just be waiting to bleed out.

Respawning pallets on the other hand would be a huge and unprecedented buff. It would completely change the meta gameplay, encourage the Brainrot of Opportunity play style to run from pallet to pallet and drop everything immediately, destroy all killers that can't play around dropped pallets without breakng them, turn The Game into a guaranteed win for survivors every time they don't play against a Nurse and nuke a bunch of killer perks in the process.

Pallets are a finite resource. This is why survivors take a risk by looping the killer. If they respawned, then that risk would be unnecessary, so the biggest skill expression that survivors have would become obsolete too. That has the potential to actually kill the game. Most people don't want to play DBD on auto pilot because it removes the only interactive part of the game.

• devoutartist
    devoutartist Member Posts: 128

you don't need to slug nether do you need to have hook perks i don't even use hook perk on average i win a but ton most killers can play around a down survivor not only that but when you get them again the down surv plus the healing surv you get one on hook one you leave on the floor Reince and repeat you get a but ton of natural pressure i've won way to much game without slugging 4 ppl leaving one on the ground at the right areas witch leaves me with some easy w scourge hook btw are not the best perks in the game there are better perks with certain killer that leads to a harder steamroll than scourge hooks witch is way i don't hook when they are in bad spots it's such a huge lead but ppl don't know how to play that way a majority of the time and it's the same reason ppl are over reliant on scourge hooks

• jezebelthenun

I'll be honest, that sounds like an interesting mechanic

• jezebelthenun

Not arguing because I'm genuinely curious if that's been explicitly stated somewhere. I've honestly thought wiggle should be eliminated for a long time regardless of hook respawns, just because it serves no purpose in the game on a fundamental level. A killer would rather slug than carry someone to the basement/indefinitely. I don't see those things ever actually happening anyway, so wiggle is useless either way. More than anything it's just something for a surv to do while they're on the way to die so it's not empty time.

• AmpersandUnderscore
    AmpersandUnderscore Member Posts: 1,716
    edited June 25

If the devs were actually targeting slugging that would be great. But you'd start with targeting the 90% of slugging instances because of slugging for the 4k to deny hatch first... Not some 2% situation where the killer didn't pay attention and created a dead zone for themselves.

This is straight up a killer buff. It's ok to say it. But painting this as some kind of 'answer to slugging' is completely disingenuous as long as the hatch and slugging for the 4k remain unchanged.

• TragicSolitude
    TragicSolitude Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 7,304
  • VantablackPharaoh91
    VantablackPharaoh91 Member Posts: 580

I can think of zero positives from gens and pallets respawning and tons of negatives. There is nothing good about it, no way to implement this that wouldn't make the game so much worse for Killer, that no Killers play or they all just play the strongest ones because more than half the roster and several maps would become SO unplayable for Killer it would break the game.

Pallets and gens should never respawn. EVER. Hooks yes, dead hooks make deadzones which increases slugging. But not pallets and certainly not gens; zoming is much more important for Killer than Survivor. It's important to make Survs think about using resources poorly.

• Chaogod
    Chaogod Member Posts: 135

If you played the game at all beyond 5 matches its pretty clear how often you are supposed to wiggle off.

• jezebelthenun

Adorable.

Wiggle is pointless in the current state of the game. If "never" is how often it's supposed to work, it's doing an awesome job.