Stop wasting time!

Options

I am so sick of the slugging for the 4k strat, what is so hard for the devs to give the option to either unalive myself or give base kit unbreakable to the last 2 survivors. I literally throw myself at the killer so he can get me out of the game cuz 2v1 scenarios are unwinnable anyway and he still slugs me and I need to be stuck another 4 minutes in a lost game cuz a 3k win is never enough for some people. Just get rid of it for the love of God more the 50% of games have the following scenario: Killer tunnels first guy out then tunnels the second one and then slugs the third while the forth guy hides in a locker cuz he wants hatch and if your unlucky enough to be the third guy enjoy laying on the floor for 4 minutes until your timer runs out. Give me a break I've been playing this game for 4 years and it's the same thing over and over again. 3k is a win take and go next your mmr still goes up no matter what a win is still a win, at this point the killer wastes his own time cuz if the forth guy is elusive enough he can still escape after the bleed out. Stop wasting our time please.

Comments

• Blueberry
    Blueberry Member Posts: 13,431
    edited June 24
    Options

Pick up, carry, and hook wastes a ton of time and map pressure. If you want to be able to get out of games sooner would you be in favor of adding insta hooks then? Similar to the event ones. Then you get your hook instead of slug and the killer won't mind doing it since it's now time efficient.

• Deathstroke
    Deathstroke Member Posts: 3,201
    edited June 24
    Options

Adepts were better before when they required hooks and you needed skill to get them on higher ranks. Fine they were too easy on lower ranks but they could change requirement to 10 hooks and 3K. But very rarely challenges or adept are reason for slugging maybe 1 out of 50 times.

• TragicSolitude
    TragicSolitude Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 6,826
    Options

But very rarely challenges or adept are reason for slugging maybe 1 out of 50 times.

Maybe for other people. But for me it's the vast majority, like 90%+ of the time that's the reason why I slug for the 4k.

• alpha5
    alpha5 Member Posts: 223
    Options

Today I had 2 killers slug me for 3.5min, wiggle me off and drag out the game some more to let me escape. Both thought I ought to be grateful. Irritating. I just wanted out 10min ago.

• HerInfernalMajesty
    HerInfernalMajesty Member Posts: 1,209
    Options

1000000%

When it’s last two the best thing to do is throw yourself at a window and get one last good chase that you will eventually lose.

• Blueberry
    Options

In general it does. At end game with only 2 people I agree.

Slugging at end game with 2 people isn't a slug issue it's a hatch design issue.

• 100PercentBPMain
    100PercentBPMain Member Posts: 544
    Options

Having to run Exponential to deal with clowns because people can't end game that are clearly lost gets old.

At this point I just run it to waste their time like how they waste all ours. None of these slugging killers will waste time on a far off boon. Needing to run this perk is annoying, though. I only run it out of sheer spite but I try not to start my dbd sessions being petty

• Blueberry
    edited June 24
    Options

@Aven_Fallen

I did read it as my comment was relevant.

" (because for some reason you have to defend everything Killers do)"

My opinions are actually rational points based on countless hours of experience, not bias. Maybe you have some incorrect opinions. No need to be condescending.

• AggressiveFTW
    AggressiveFTW Member Posts: 920
    Options
  • CountOfTheFog
    CountOfTheFog Member Posts: 1,896
    Options

I always offer myself up for the sacrifice. I'm usually with my SoloQ teammate and I will spam crouch, set down my item, and point 👉 them to go in the other direction. I then go find the killer and surrender.

• Nazzzak
    Nazzzak Member Posts: 4,911
    Options

Yeah it sucks. I never hide when there's 2 of us left. I do the "right" thing by sitting on a gen until the killer finds me, then doing all the fun stuff while my team team mate hides. But it's 50/50 I'll get left slugged. Killers hate when the last two survivors try outlast each other and hide, but those of us who don't do this still get forced to remain in game.

• Huge_Bush
    Huge_Bush Member Posts: 5,098
    Options

Base-kit Unbreakable? No. You can bring in the perk if you find yourself slugged often and hate the experience.

Reduce the bleed out timer when everyone is slugged and they have no way to get up or if there are only two people left? Sure. It puts more pressure on the killer to hook and alleviates frustration from the slugged player.

• kosaba11
    kosaba11 Member Posts: 29
    Options

The whole point of hooks is to give survivors a chance. Killers are already overpowered, with most of them being darn near impossible to face as is. Slugging is a sign of a terrible player - nothing more, nothing less. If you were good at playing killer, you wouldn't need to slug, or to tunnel, or to camp.

• Kaitsja
    Kaitsja Member Posts: 1,718
    Options

I mean, if we're going by the topic, people want slugging for the 4k to be removed. They aren't necessarily looking to have it implemented in a way that nerfs the killer, but you do need to understand that solutions that don't nerf the killer are met with "But why should the killer be denied a 4k?"

People have asked for the ability to bleed out faster, and that was criticised by killers for denying them a 4k. A survivor being able to bleed out faster doesn't nerf the killer. It just means that one person isn't just sitting on the ground waiting for the killer to find that last person.

• please_explain
    please_explain Member Posts: 98
    edited June 25
    Options

Let me show u why you are wrong in everything you just listed

• Nobody cares about bloodpoints events give u more than enough I own all the killers and I have the all at p3 for the perks
    • If someone pressing Ctrl on their keyboard gets to you thats just a ego problem
    • The game was designed like that to give at least one person a chance if the game is a stomp
    • Escaping through hatch is not considered a win for the survivor
    • Killers already win the game if 3 ppl are dead last person getting out makes absolutely no difference
    • Hatch 50/50 is a mechanic in the game stop being lazy and look for a free win and just play it out
    • Same goes for doors
    • If ur good enough u can 4k without slugging for it

Nothing about the hatch is bad design. How ppl play that stage of the game is.

And for ur last statement again lazy just play the game.

FYI I'm a killer player 70% of my games are on killer and when it comes down to hatch I look for it or I let the guy have it cuz it's a waste of time and I would prefer to go next instead of wasting more time on a already won game.

• please_explain
    please_explain Member Posts: 98
    edited June 25
    Options

This is a side note for ppl the justify slugging for the 4k cuz "it gives more bloodpoints" My main killer is not even p100 and I have an insane amount of add-ons, I have enough add-ons for at least another 3k games you can't possibly run out of them by the time I use them all I can P100 another killer from 0. Bloodpoints mean nothing the game gives u more than enough.

• C3Tooth
    C3Tooth Member Posts: 8,178
    edited June 26
    Options

I actually want hatch to be removed. So the only way for 1 survivor to escape also required 5 Gens done.

So that, the game will be balanced around 5 gens done every single game (which technically how hatch works by now: close hatch to power gates, just minus the hatch part)

Post edited by Rizzo on
  • tyantlmumagjiaonuha
    tyantlmumagjiaonuha Member Posts: 519
    Options

Depending on the survivor's items and offerings, there may be little incentive to hook them, and this tendency is accelerated when they bring a park such as Sabotage.

When playing a killer play in high MMR now, the act of carrying and hooking is risky, and the scourge hook that used to reward hooking has become less appealing with repeated nerfs and sabotage enhancements, and pop has been returned to the state that BhVR once said was too weak and unused, and is now blind.It is not possible to see it.

In the end, there are many matches where making a couple of crawlers and then attacking the survivor who comes to wake them up is the optimal action to reduce the palette of the map with the least risk.

• tyantlmumagjiaonuha
    tyantlmumagjiaonuha Member Posts: 519
    Options

If the fastest moving speed is strong enough, then Demogorgon is the strongest killer because Shred is the fastest.

• Raptorrotas
    Raptorrotas Member Posts: 3,225
    Options

3rd and 4th survivor waste time by not doing anything except wait for the other to die first, killer bad right?

Why is this the killer's fault again?

• Laluzi
    Laluzi Member Posts: 5,667
    Options

I'm gonna have to disagree with that one because of the way the emblem system worked - getting adepts on certain killers was a nightmare because their powers performed poorly in the Chaser emblem (ex Plague), and instadown killers had to avoid using their power for the same reason. The 4k encourages cheesy behavior while the old system forced killers to play a thorough game, but I'd take that over getting a perfect 12-hook game and then not getting the adept because the stars didn't align with Pluto on a waning gibbous moon.

But yeah, achievements are only rarely the reason behind players trying to 4k. Different people have different ideas of what constitutes fun in this game and those ideas are often at cross purposes.

• Coffeecrashing
    Coffeecrashing Member Posts: 3,384
    Options

I would stop trying for 4k, if BHVR would make an official announcement that the 4th survivor is worth 0 MMR points for the killer, and therefore it doesn't matter what happens to them.

Because right now, if that 4th person escapes through a hatch (or an exit gate after hatch is closed), then it causes a net loss in MMR, because I would have gotten more MMR if I had gotten the 4k.

• BbQz
    BbQz Member Posts: 83
    Options

By that logic the killer is fully capable of letting the 4th escape why should the survivors make way for your win? I agree with you that it's a dev issue one that can be fixed easily by just letting 3rd person have a give up button or unlock unbreakable on 2. Instead I have been running no mither for the last 400 hours just to not waste my time and by proxy make my team worse especially vs Oni dredge and just in general. I do this because I find the game fun but wasting time is not. Also the game isn't really team based removing hatch and other options for the "one" to escape is equally bad design as it just promotes teams giving up earlier why play? Most games will start to see a trend of once the first tunnel happens the rest just give up unless it's close to end game

• OmegaXII
    OmegaXII Member Posts: 2,183
    Options

Meanwhile I had games where two Survivors left refuse to do Gens and hide for 10+ minutes, essentially holding the Killer hostage…

At least 4 minutes bleed-out is better than that.

• solarjin1
    solarjin1 Member Posts: 1,811
    Options

The last two hiding is terribly boring but it really no reason not to. Finishing gens is impossible unless it 1 left maybe. Even then they need to be on opposite side of the map to even stand a chance

• Deathstroke
    Deathstroke Member Posts: 3,201
    Options

The emblems could been reworked to take account instadown powers but still old system was better as it required skill and didn't require you to play scummy and slug fof 4K and drag the game. You know even you succeed you might still not get the adept if one survivor bleedouts so new system in my opinion is worse. In old system in red grade adepts were difficult and required perfect game but in lower grades they were pretty easy to get just playing for hooks.

I don't think many people slug for fun but it's more like desire. I need 4K to have the perfect win for example. Sometimes they want to kill specific survivor who they have not found or someone was annoying etc.

• Seraphor
    Seraphor Member Posts: 8,989
    Options

I don't find anything satisfying about a 4K.

They're usually either a noob stomp or snowball game which just makes you feel overpowered and a bully, or you've had to slug for up to 4 minutes to achieve it, and doing that is pretty much risk free.

There is no effort required to convert a 3K into a 4K via slugging, it's just a free, guaranteed kill.