Has BHVR mentioned anything about an anti-bleed out mechanic? (concede mechanic)

Options
The4thMagi
The4thMagi Member Posts: 14

I know its not technically "hostage holding", by the definition, since you die after a bit. I just don't get why there isn't a mechanism to allow people who are just being held there to just FF so you can continue to play…is that not somewhat keeping me there for the full duration, just making me afk and wait to bleed out while killer dances/t-bags? I would rather just go next, especially when the game is over and there's nothing left to do but be hooked.

TLDR; Is there any plan to add/mention of a forfeit mechanic, so I don't have to eat a dc penalty or alt tab till I bleed out?

Answers

• kosaba11
    kosaba11 Member Posts: 29
    Options

I don't think so. BHVR seems to be anti-survivor a lot. But there 100% should be something to stop slugging. I get BHVR wants to claim its a valid gameplay style, but all it does is ruin the fun for everyone. Same with tunneling and camping. Killers are already overpowered, they don't need more help.

• AmpersandUnderscore
    AmpersandUnderscore Member Posts: 1,353
    Options

I don't think I've ever seen the devs talk about it directly, but it's come up regularly every so often.

I'm generally in favor of the idea, depending on what limitations they put on it. (Like having to be at the 'find help' level of recovery and/or a time limit to prevent people spamming the button as soon as they drop)

• The4thMagi
    Options

I only slug for the most part if survivors decide to all be bunched up as it can end a game quickly. The thing that I don't do, is just mess around/dance and let them all bleed out entire duration. I just hook, and go next. That should definitely have a mechanic maybe hp% remaining based, so you just aren't forced to alt tab and afk.

• The4thMagi
    edited June 25
    Options

That's true, it can't be broken, maybe something as simple as my previous comment "maybe hp% remaining based, so you just aren't forced to alt tab and afk.". Something like idk half the bar is gone? or something similar, you can forfeit and play your next match. Especially knowing solo q, if I am the last of 2 left and I'm downed, 99% of the time killer leaves me and goes to look for last one. And majority of the time, they are crouched/hiding in a locker, or edge map. I don't want to just have to afk, we all know those types aren't coming to pick u up lol.

• SunaIIanu
    SunaIIanu Member Posts: 769
    Options

Technically they are doing the right think though. If there is more than one gen left it is really unlikely to finish it with two people and usually the Killer stays near the slug, so trying to pick them up is usually a suicide mission. If I'm playing solo I'll still try to get them up, but in swf I encourage my teammates to let me bleed out and if they are fine with it, I'll leave them on the ground aswell.

It is just a really bad design.

As for the topic, the Devs tried the finisher mori in the PTB a while ago, which would have fixed the bleed out situation, but it didn't make it to live. So I would guess that the Devs are not completly happy with the current situation but unsure about the right solution. It's also possible that they have given up on it but I hope not.

• Unknown2765
    Unknown2765 Member Posts: 1,921
    Options

I have noticed that there are a lot new accounts posting these threads. While it's possible this is just a coincidence and these accounts are completely legitimate, it does seem like there's a lot of noise being made.

• The4thMagi
    Options

Do you mean forum accs? I just never made one lol, I have been playing for years though. And do you mean that other people are talking about this as well? Wouldn't be surprised frankly its happening often.

• The4thMagi
    Options

Oh no yeah 100% they are doing the right thing, still is irritating I gotta afk though. Frankly, idk why last person left doesnt bleed out faster if killer is just messing around and not ending. I don't blame those survivors its annoying but that ties into the issue with their mmr system being if u die u lose mmr/escape and it goes up. It penalizes people for being altruistic. Which is ironic since there's a category for pips.

• Unknown2765
    Unknown2765 Member Posts: 1,921
    Options

That is why i worded it as i did, because people should always have the beinifit of the doubt, and i dont want to accuse anyone, but there are a lot of fresh accounts making all those posts lately.

• The4thMagi
    Options

Okay so you meant like as in they could be spam accs to just post things similar to this post, thanks for clarifying. Yeah no idea, could be.