We have temporarily disabled Firecrackers and the Flashbang Perk due to a bug which could cause the Killer's game to crash. These will be re-enabled in an upcoming patch when the issue is resolved.

Reworking how event offerings work

so here would be my idea for behavior for future events

The Rework :
when the event begins, IF the event offering provides any bloodpoint for everyone in anyway
its effects should only be given to those who also have bought the offerings

after the event. the offering effects everyone in the lobby even if someone doesnt bring the same offering
(if its still useable after the event and not locked behind the event).

meaning if you bring basically anything but the offering. you wont recieve its effects unless used after the event.
i dont know if that may complicate things or is just outright impossible to bother with.

you may ask : Why?…

because if you have experinced the anniversery 8 event
rarely anyone is using cobblers on BOTH sides

yes. Killer AND Survivors are (in my experince) consistently REFUSE to use the event offerings

whatever the reason it might be.
"saving it for a friend", "i dont wanna give toxic survivors/killer more bloodpoints", "i forgot to change loadout/offering",

at the end of the day. it is a team effort bloodpoint event (and i dont mean the event mode itself).

Im probably not the only one who is annoyed, angry, upset, sad
or whatever negative emotion you feel when you experince seeing just 1, 2, 3 cobblers on a consistent basis
and cant answer yourself to "why" they didnt bring the event offering,
in a event that is supposed to be used almost every time by everyone, because :

the more offerings you use > the more bloodpoints you gain > the more event items/offerings you can get for later use

those people are esentially just shooting themselves in the foot without knowing it
or not providing bloodpoints to those who rightfully expect most people to use them and from my perspective
there is not really a reason why you shouldnt use them.

i had an idea where you could just target those who refuse to use the event offering and match them together so no one gets anything and those who do, get everything. every. single. time
but its either too much work, too unethical or too frustrating to implement.

so i think this offering rework idea
(even if it might need more tweaks or changes),
might work out in the majoritys favour.

i dont know why this is such a thing when anni 7 wasnt like this.
but yeah i would like to actually grind bloodpoints without having to force myself in a survive with friends and then see the killer not bring a cobbler :/. there really isnt a garantie of 5 cobblers

but what do you guys think?, im i just overreacting?, im i just unlucky?,
is the idea complete trash or you have a better improved idea that will make everyone happy?.
is it just a skill issue?, is nerfing pig the better idea?,

Let me know!. thanks for reading and discussion everyone!

Comments

• Marc_123
    Marc_123 Member Posts: 3,552

?

Until now i mostly get 5 cakes games. Sometimes less but luckily not that often.

• BugReporterOnly
    BugReporterOnly Member Posts: 518

The offerings are usable year round no one will want the BP basekit. The problem is how mainly killers been playing. They need to close the gap on the BP they make compared to survivors to force them to play out the game for a bit not end the game at 5 gens with a 4K. Killers Should make more BP but not the stupid amount they can make with ending the game fast. I have been in matches where survivors barely have 10K amd they have over 20K. If killers would not end gmass quick maybe survivors would use the offerings more becaus they get nore value out of it.

• Archol123
    Archol123 Member Posts: 4,634

If that was the case then why does it apply for any other offering and not just non BP offerings?

Well that second sentence is nonsense, why should I care about petty things to get implemented into the game? Because it is a terrible idea that does nothing but excluding people from getting bonus BP...

• Archol123

Thats still not a good reason to implement such a mechanic... Would be the same to say "Just don't be so petty to think people don't" deserve" BP just because of not bringing the offering you want them to bring"... Change your behavior according to my wishes so you don't suffer the consequences I want you to suffer otherwise is not a good argument...

• Philscooper
    Philscooper Member Posts: 48
  • Archol123

Not to change anything, because there is no issue? What is displayed is a mixture of pettiness and jealousy for absolutey no reason. It is completely fine that offerings exist that grant everyone bp, and people that dont use those offerings currently can still use them later, so there is absolutely not reason to implement any of those weird changes suggested above.

• Dream_Whisper
    Dream_Whisper Member Posts: 749
    edited June 28

I do not know what to make of this post, but....

Why should you even care on what others do and do not deserve, especially on BP bonus offerings, no less.

I could care less if I get a full Cobbler lobby or if a survivor spare a cake or Bloody Party Streamer instead, or being "selfish" by using those offering like envelopes. It is their decision to throw whatever they want, and it doesn't directly affect you, besides being one 100% less BP then you're usually over 500% BP bonus.

Plus, those individuals could be new to the game and have no understanding of offering mechanics, or may have forgotten to put their BP offerings, or simply do not have any to spare. There is even players that also do not absolutely care about BP gain, as they already P100 and unlock everything, and they would rather used map offerings. I would rather have BP or any other offering, over a busted Map offering.

Also, your proposal wouldn't help anyone and simple make the "problem" much worse as now, those individuals will struggle to farm any BP and buy any required offerings to be good for you convenient. If you are actually serious about this, you are clearly need to educate that this is a online game and not everything in the game is going to be balanced for your convenience. Players can do whatever they want to annoy you, but this... is not a priority or worth a change at all.

Post edited by EQWashu on
  • Dream_Whisper
    Dream_Whisper Member Posts: 749

Exactly, some people even refuse to used BP offerings for the sake of being able to stack them and used a abundance of BP offerings that can last for over a year if lucky enough.

The anniversary event last for over 3 weeks, you can be surprised to find players able to farm enough offerings to be able to generous used them constantly, even after the event is over.

• Philscooper
    Philscooper Member Posts: 48

"the more offerings you use > the more bloodpoints you gain > the more event items/offerings you can get for later use

those people are esentially just shooting themselves in the foot without knowing it
    or not providing bloodpoints to those who rightfully expect most people to use them and from my perspective
    there is not really a reason why you shouldnt use them."

• Archol123

That argument is not correct, above a certain number it does not really matter anymore... Sure in the long run you can use them, but not during the event... I played for like 20 h during the event, and I already have around 500+ cakes... I will never be able to use them during the event... So while in the long run I will get more I will never be able to use them to get more for now...