Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Hardened and Scene Partner

Viciusaurus
Viciusaurus Member Posts: 407

So reading up on Lara's perks has piqued my interest in testing out new combos. I'm currently at work atm, but would these two perks synergize well together? If I'm understanding it correctly Hardened would show the killer's aura as a replacement for screaming, and scene partner would guarantee that reading mid chase. Has anyone tested this yet to see if it works the way I'm thinking, or would Hardened act as Calm Spirit does and just negate SP proccing?

Comments

• SkeletonDance
    SkeletonDance Member Posts: 305

They don't work. Scene partner requires you to scream in order to trigger and hardened denies it.

• Viciusaurus
    Viciusaurus Member Posts: 407

Ahh, okay, that's what I suspected. Thank you for your quick response!

• sharpef3rn
    sharpef3rn Member Posts: 111

But shouldnt the prevented scream make harden give you 5 seconds of aur reading

• Eisgeist
    Eisgeist Member Posts: 2

because Hardened prevents scene partner’s scream Hardened in theory should show the killer’s aura instead.

to break it down more: 1. you look at the killer, scene partner would make you scream.

2. you don’t scream or activate aura reading from scene partner because it was blocked by Hardened.

3. Hardened activates because it blocked the scream from scene partner and reveals the killer’s aura via it’s own function not scene partner’s.

It seems like Hardened is bugged at the moment though it is preventing screams many people are saying they don’t even see the doctor when he shocks them leaving it as a far inferior calm spirit that has a prerequisite and doesn’t prevent you from scaring crows. I suggest trying it again after the PTB. Just to clarify, I haven’t played with Hardened yet myself just going off what I’ve been told.

• danielmaster87
    danielmaster87 Member Posts: 9,096

Also, nerf Ultimate Weapon even though Hardened was right around the corner? Ugh, these devs. They did the same thing with Ruin/Undying. Nerf it and then release Counterforce.

• Devil_hit11
    Devil_hit11 Member Posts: 8,176

will they ever buff ultimate weapon? it is like dead perk. its current iteration would need to be like 48 meters…..