The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Moris are great but survivors dodging them aren't

I bring moris every match I play as killer. They spice up the game allowing me to enjoy killer more. Survivors can disconnect in the loading screen and stop the match forcing all of us to go back to the lobby. It's a waste of time.

Survivors and killers should receive a disconnect penalty if they leave like this. They can bring offerings to sway the match and I don't leave. I do the same but they leave. Plus there are 4 of their offerings to my 1. It's a way to disrupt the game.

Comments

• KatsuhxP
    KatsuhxP Member Posts: 642

There's no real way to say if it crashed or was just canceled by the taskmanager, maybe it wasn't even the internet that was just gone for a moment, so they can't and won't punish them for that.

That being said I don't dodge games like that and I never use moris, so that's a problem I can't tell how often that happens.

• Royval
    Royval Member Posts: 506

lmao every time I bring a mori during twisted masquerade atleast 1 person dc

• Halloulle
    Halloulle Member Posts: 1,268

almost as if people want to get BP. Look at surv points, they need all the BP offerings they can get.

• Archael
    Archael Member Posts: 814

I was disconnected during loading due to my comp crashed (for some reason only on DBs) few times in a row. How can you decide if one disconnected because of offering, or had other problem?

Btw. You are not loosing offerings if someone disconnect during login

• Justinradtke14
    Justinradtke14 Member Posts: 45

Straw men arguments.

• Archol123
    Archol123 Member Posts: 4,634

Did you just see other people use that word but never really knew what it meant? Because by the way you use it here that seems to be the case... So let's go over those posts and see if you are correct...

1. Questions how often the issue happens in general so that there might not necessarily be a reason to act if the issue happens not often as well as how to prevent it from a technical standpoint without punishing players that don't fall under that category. Both of them seem to valid arguments against your standpoint.
    2. Kind of agrees with you, so I guess this one is excluded, however does not provide anything but their own experience.
    3. Ironic/humorous comment that does not provide anything of value for the conversation.
    4. Ironic comment about possible reasons as to why people DC. While it may be a possible cause we cannot be for sure, however from a logical standpoint it seems reasonable to assume that, we would need to have a comparison to before or after the event to know for sure. But it is still on topic and therefore fine.
    5. Basically going into detail about the before presented argument for it being tied to the event currently and player expectation based on offerings... Reasonable given a mori or strong map offering usually imply people wanting to win.
    6. Basically reffering to statement 1 that from a technical standpoint it might be rough to not also impact players you don't want to impact. As well as a reason why the issue might be non issue, basically you don't lose much and not every team will DC on you for that, so while it might be an inconvenience it might not be too bad.

So overall I would say your statement is false. While they did not agree with you, they showed why your idea might be

a. Problematic from a technical standpoint because it also potentially influences players it is not supposed to influence.

b. Linked to the event, so only be a temporary issue.

So I fail to see where the strawmen arguments are, they explained why your idea is problematic without necessarily ignoring your arguments.

• KateMain86
    KateMain86 Member Posts: 2,374

Its like bringing that one dish no one likes to a party and wondering why no one ate it.