Buff ds timer to 80s like otr

You can even reduce the stun to 3.5s but just make it longer activated. I have to go down to use it and sometimes killers don't pick up if teammates come distracting so it needs longer timer to actually be useful. Even 70s would be lot better than the current 60s.

Comments

• Deathstroke
    Deathstroke Member Posts: 3,494

Well there is one problem trades otherwise I could agree. It would have to be new chase after unhook which would result in down and hook but could game calculate that. Well maybe the new hook could tune down it back to 60s timer.

• Emeal
    Emeal Member Posts: 4,952

I would be perfectly happy to accept this change for DS.
    I think anti-tunneling perks that work as off-the hook should be 80 sec by default.

I also think bHVR should make another anti-tunneling perk that works off- the-hook and should be a free universal perk.
    Perhaps something that blinds the Killer and slows them, if they hit a Survivor during the off-the-hook endurance timer.

• VomitMommy
    VomitMommy Member Posts: 2,257

Kinda unlucky for both sides Stranger Things perks are not generic perks anymore.

Would be nice to have Babysitter and Surge as generic perks.

• Deathstroke

There are different form of tunneling than just hardcore tunneling. If you camp hook get trade hook them instantly and go after unhooked it's tunneling you chased no-one else and the intention was always to go after unhooked.

It just worth to hook the traded if you have pain res and grim embrace. What you suggest would just nerf soloQ even further swf would coordinate saves to keep ds activated and normally they do that anyway.

• VomitMommy

I am fine with 80 seconds if you add flashlight saves and pallet save to conspicuous actions.

Kinda annoying to have untouchable survivor to linger around with OTR/DS.

• Deathstroke

Im fine with that luckily that's been rare for me. That does activate my tunnel mode as killer.

• VomitMommy

Yeah, I always make sure that survivor to die for this, when I know DS is gone...

• Blueberry
    Blueberry Member Posts: 13,590
    edited July 2

"There are different form of tunneling than just hardcore tunneling. If
    you camp hook get trade hook them instantly and go after unhooked it's
    tunneling you chased no-one else and the intention was always to go
    after unhooked. "

I don't think that's tunneling. It also gave you lots of time to get away and lose them. That scenario also does not prove their intention was always to go after the unhooked.

"It just worth to hook the traded if you have pain res and grim embrace.
    What you suggest would just nerf soloQ even further swf would coordinate
    saves to keep ds activated and normally they do that anyway. "

Let's be totally honest here, almost anything is a nerf to solo queue. I'm really tired of that being a counter argument because it nearly applies to like 99% of anything that would be good for killer. The list of things you could realistically do that would ever be positive for killer in any way that does not hurt solo queue more is nearly non existent. Everything is gonna hurt solo queue more.

I don't like tunneling and I'd even like it totally made impossible if it were up to me. Make DS 10 seconds I don't care. I just don't want to be eating "anti-tunnel" in my face when I'm trying not to tunnel. In the games current state of "anti tunnel" I'm forced to be hit with many of them when I'm not tunneling and they're used aggressively. Your changes without additional limiting factors does not improve that and even potentially makes it worse. I would even say there are significantly more games where "anti tunnel" is abused to body block than there are games with actual tunneling. It's misused more often than it's used for its intended purpose. They're currently just used as extra health states to pass around the team.

So if you can make it so people aren't hit with "anti tunnel" like DS when they're not tunneling I'm in favor of whatever buffs you want to it, but I haven't seen that yet.

• Deathstroke

Tunneling is especially something you don't want to buff agains't soloQ and nerf agains't swf. After trade going after unhooked is tunneling regardless you slug or hook. Hooking traded takes 3 seconds and now with event ability it's even faster. Unhooked has no time in match outside being hunted in that situation.

I almost never see killers lose track of survivor in that situation and that can happen even middle of tunneling if other survivors bodyblock and distract other ways.

I have done that and my intention has been always tunnel or changed I tunnel now lot of times it's the smart play. We know it's good stragedy. It's better stragedy often than hardcore tunneling. You get pressure on the other survivors. Though now I do tunneling rarely as I don't like it. I actually rather be tunneled than tunnel myself.

• Royval
    Royval Member Posts: 547
    edited July 3

80 sec ds lmaoo

• KA149108
    KA149108 Member Posts: 337

I think baby sitter is supposed to help with that even though people are calling for nerfs even though you can totally negate it by not going after the same survivor after they are immediately unhooked.

• KA149108
    KA149108 Member Posts: 337

Honestly, buff the timer and buff the stun and also disable killers M2 (NOT M1) power for about 10 seconds.

And if anyone has any issues with this then simply DONT TUNNEL THE SURVIVOR!

• StalkingYou
    StalkingYou Member Posts: 70

Who does this hurt most?

Nurse? No.

Blight? No.

Spirit? No.

Any killer with decent mobility? No.

The reason why I am against so much anti-tunnel being added to the game is that it literally only hurts already weak killers like Pig, Trapper, Freddy, Ghostface, etc. These killers literally need to tunnel to make up for the fact that they are bad. It is the only chance they have to win against decent teams and changes like this destroy that chance. DS + OTR makes it almost impossible already.

• ReverseVelocity
    ReverseVelocity Member Posts: 4,227

I mean, that's not really an argument not to add anti-tunnel perks. That's an argument to buff those killers a bit.

As for the OP I don't think DS needs a timer increase, personally.

• StalkingYou
    StalkingYou Member Posts: 70

I understand. But the hope that those killers will actually be strong enough one day to not have to worry about tunneling at all is a pipe-dream, unfortunately. As it stands now, the mountain of anti-tunnel and anti-camp equipment that has been given to the survivors only hurts the killers who need to tunnel at all. They don't really have an effect on any other killer because they're strong enough to ignore it. From what I've seen, I believe the weak killers will be weak forever. We don't need to make it any more painful for me to play Myers.

• VantablackPharaoh91
    VantablackPharaoh91 Member Posts: 580

That's literally the only definition of tunnelling, anything else is moving goalposts.

• CrossTheSholf
    CrossTheSholf Member Posts: 200

Make it turn off if:

Someone else is hooked.

You take a protection hit

You rush into a locker

You use Head on

You blind the killer

You work on Generators, totems, chests, healing someone, or doors.

Then you can have your 80 seconds.

• Dream_Whisper
    Dream_Whisper Member Posts: 746

I would be fine with buffing the timer abit to 80 seconds, considering that OFR exist as a much superior Anti tunneling perk. But yeah, as long as the killer is not tunneling and he able to hook another survivor within that time frame and of course the DS survivor is not doing any form of conspicuous actions, it is fine

• RhodosGuard
    RhodosGuard Member Posts: 58
    edited July 6

Survivors really do everything in their power to make you hate them and then go "Why you tunnel me?"

This is a problem I call "Abusing Anti-Tunnel Survivor Bias"

There are 2 things I'd count as such:

Bodyblocking after unhook so you can use Basekit /Perk BT to tank a hit and also freely slow down the killer, even though this is entirely agains the purpose of this being an "Anti-Tunnel" Perk/Mechanic

Using the DS Timer to it's fullest so you can act annoying while you are technically untouchable.

Increase it's duration to 80 seconds, but then also give it more conditions to turn off, so you cant abuse an Anti-Tunnel Perk for something against it's purpose. As people have said, make Flashlight Saves/Pallet Saves turn it off. But there could be better indicators, that you are not being tunneled, that should turn it off.