sweaty games in the event

a105
a105 Member Posts: 39

why is this event so sweaty, every match on both sides get nothing but tunneling killers running quad slowdowns, franklins weave attunement, and then the full blown gen rush survivors. i thought events were supposed to be chill good times

Comments

• RedPoncho12
    RedPoncho12 Member Posts: 157

Just made a small post about weave and franklins… I got some (guessing killer mains) people seeming to get real defensive about the build. The build is a bit busted and especially during this event on top of all that

• Rudjohns
    Rudjohns Member Posts: 1,985

Today I'm only offering maps in anon mode

Also running the worst survivor perks in the game

I wanna test something

• Junylar
    Junylar Member Posts: 2,005

By that logic Dramaturgy must be top meta, because it's like 5 different perks in one!

• Deathstroke
    Deathstroke Member Posts: 3,494

Or they bring puddling and yes it's shows true colors of those killers. Expect maybe mori they just want kills. But bringing puddling is just so selfiss.

• Marc_123
    Marc_123 Member Posts: 3,535

Can confirm for survivor side - sweaty exhausting matches i get.

As killer i am the party chiller - trying to spread some event fun.

• Deathstroke

You will be tunneled more and I know you do that to test but it is deserved treatment.

• Flanders
    Flanders Member Posts: 19

Make Chaos Shuffle permanent will solve everything.

The perks are the sweaty part of the game and actually makes it less fun.

• th3
    th3 Member Posts: 1,842

Dramaturgy has weaker sprint burst, or Scene partner, or plunderers+aith but you know the key thing is it doesn't give all of those with one use of the perk.

Franklins/weave attunement gives 4 different effects at the same time with one use of the perk, so clearly this is exactly the same as dramaturgy.

What a terrible comparison

• Deathslinger1of2
    Deathslinger1of2 Member Posts: 130

Slugging 4k at 5 gens tunneling Sweat Fest. It’s terrible

• LordGlint
    LordGlint Member Posts: 8,331

Weave in general does seem like it was meant to be used with that exact combo, or with an addon that makes survivors drop their item. Can you honestly think of any other time survivors would be dropping and picking up items?

• CrossTheSholf
    CrossTheSholf Member Posts: 199

It's a 2 perk combo that helps counter some of the most annoying survivors bs. It takes up 2 perks that could be used for gen slowdown. Survivors are insufferable

• danielmaster87
    danielmaster87 Member Posts: 9,109

It's not uncounterable. While the pallets are being broken, the killer can't move through them, so that's guaranteed time waste for you just as it would be if they'd broken the pallet normally. And remote hooking? Whatever. It takes a hideous amount of time to hook survivors normal anyway, so this just cuts out that 12 seconds or so killer has to usually waste. It's not the killer gaining a huge advantage in time, it's the survivors losing an advantage in time which they don't really need to win in the first place.

• khrisfromtoronto
    khrisfromtoronto Member Posts: 48

I've played 4 anniversary events now, and this is the worst by far.

If you're playing survivor, you are getting slugged, camped, tunneled.

If you play killer, you're getting gen rushed so hard you can get whiplash.

It's extremely unfun and makes a person not want to even bother playing the game.

• BurnedTerrormisu
    BurnedTerrormisu Member Posts: 91

I dont have a problem with the sweaty part.

The extensive display of bad manners is just sad. hook hitting while nodding, humping and bleedout is a daily occurrence.

• a105
    a105 Member Posts: 39

i can see the logic behind that but you're forgetting one terrible thing, dramaturgy has very blatant negative effects where as the franklin's weave attunement does not. it also shuts down exhaust perks soo your comparison just isn't good

• Thusly_Boned
    Thusly_Boned Member Posts: 2,893

Yeah, this is my fourth anniversary event, and the matches are sweatier than ever. And I really don't get why this happens; everyone brings cakes and some people play like they want to end the match as quickly as humanly possible.

I mean with all the modifiers these even matches mean less in terms of proving your "skill" than ever, and it's clearly geared for fun/scoring, but people play like their lives depend on it. Does the idea of goofing off a bit for fun and points just bring out the spite in some folks?

I don't get it.

• EffenBlue
    EffenBlue Member Posts: 87

One begets the other.
    I go in to have fun, everyone slugged at 5 gens. Next match I say "screw fun" and crank out gens and get as many points as quick as I can before I'm slugged (which doesn't happen this match). Killer mad everyone's gen rushing, goes into next one saying "screw fun" and goes for kills.
    Wash, rinse, repeat, until no one's having fun and everyone's sweaty.

• NekoGamerX
    NekoGamerX Member Posts: 5,277

no I stopped because I play a cake on either side I either get genrushed or tunnel out so I not playing cakes for other people sorry not sorry.

• NekoGamerX

or maybe some killer are sick of play a cake then get genrushed by toxic survivors I'm not play any good offering on either side anymore.

• OnryosTapeRentals
    OnryosTapeRentals Member Posts: 959

I second this. This is the least fun I've had in any event ever.

The scales are tipped in the Killer's favour to a frankly absurd degree.

• Deathstroke

Gen rushing does not happen that often and as killer you can counter it employing stragedies like tunneling/camping or if you're able to end chases quickly.

Gen rushing is used too often really but during event if survivors ignore totally anniversary totems and chest and just crank gens we could say they gen rush but normally it mean survivor bring toolboxes with bnp:s or perks because otherwise it just doing objective. Survivors don't have other objective unfortunately but killer has two objectives getting hooks and kills.

Now worst case is sometimes survivors manage to gen rush but killer still often gets more bp. My losing matches I have been still getting 200K+. So there is no reason not to bring cake because you still get lot of bp. Next match probably is better and you can always somewhat control the flow of the match as killer.

You choose if someome gets tunneled or if you just go for hooks. Now even the fact event is killer sided with abilities like remote hook and pallet break. Also killers get at least twice more cakes from bloodwebs if not more. There is really no excuse to not bring cakes unless you bring mori or map offering but that should be rare thing still.

Survivors at least have excuses when they get barely bp from match that they don't have enough bp to to buy cakes that I can understand. Still they should bring cakes as much they can. Unfortunately survivor bloodweb is really bad for cakes and for this event they should really increased the amount of bp survivors can earn and incentivated killers making matches longer.

I would be just fine making killer also get those 3000 bp from gens. So then maybe matches would not end at 5 gens. Fact is you should only get event bp if you bring cake that should happen next anniversary now it's only halfed if you don't bring one.

• VantablackPharaoh91
    VantablackPharaoh91 Member Posts: 580

Events like these always increase sweat, modes generally do not in my experience.

BHVR should take notice.

• NekoGamerX
    edited July 5

hooks and kills are pretty much the same thing like survivors cracking out gens killers need to hook survivor to kill them,ok then tunneling/camping is just the killer doing they objective with is hook and kill survivors.

also if survivors doing nothing but gems(no totems no opening chests or helping others) that's genrushing.

here found match as survivor I had as survivor I was hooked then someone else got hooked they saved them but left me to get to 2nd hook stage then it was me and the one who was saved before me so they had 2nd hook anyways they got hooked and I saved them but I was going to stick around the killer was coming back so I ran to the other side of map.

now I was trying to find something to do but saw the killer and the survivor come at me survivor pointed at me for some reason and killer chased me and hook me let the other survivor go.

so no I'm not playing cake so other can get the points.

and if 3 gens pop by time I down someone and 4th by time I hook them I also not going to play cake I'll play mori a map or the carpest offering I have.

sorry not sorry.

I don't think they do that only get half event bp if you don't bring anniversary cakes because if 4 or 3 bring cakes you'll still get a lot of points and anniversary cakes can be used all year long.

I'm just saving my when there a double BP event in the normal mode I have 198 on one killer.

Post edited by NekoGamerX on
  • NekoGamerX

another on killers getting more BP then survivors well I do feel they should rise the BP they get but reason killers get more BP is they stuck in that match good or bad don't matter were stuck as survivor can easily go next get into another match.

• Deathstroke

Totem or chest don't help completing objective and winning match if killer wants survivors do totem they should bring hex build plaything/pentimeto. It's just being efficient on gens.

Most matches should not be that bad for you. Anniversary points are halved not the normal wants and you can get those up to 200K if lucky. I have been earning with cakes 250-400K+ bp without cake 100-200K during aniiversary. Few games I forgot to put cake.

The fact is anniversary is the only time 100% worth to bring cake you get so much bp and that means you can buy even more cakes.

• NekoGamerX

sorry don't feel that way but I did play cakes some times but if I get genrushed or tunnel and camped I switch to crappy offering or in killers case a mori either way I feel wait for double BP event 100% worth to bring cake then.