We deployed a fix to solve an issue preventing players from unhooking, healing or picking up Survivors. Players will need to reboot to see the change reflected in-game. Thank you for your patience!

Still no plans to nerf weave attunement?

Oh_deer
Oh_deer Member Posts: 29
edited July 5 in Feedback and Suggestions

It's miserable to play against. It really is.

Post edited by Rizzo on

Comments

• I_CAME
    I_CAME Member Posts: 1,219
    edited July 5

It will get nerfed… In 3-6 months.

• GolbezGarlandGabrant
    GolbezGarlandGabrant Member Posts: 960

Sometimes I think the aura reading is bugged or not doing what the description says but I'd need to see it from killer POV. Sometimes it feels like the aura is being revealed for as long as you're oblivious.

• joel84
    joel84 Member Posts: 220
  • Neaxolotl
    Neaxolotl Member Posts: 1,474

It is useless when it's on corner, there is no loop and there is no reason to go there

• ratcoffee
    ratcoffee Member Posts: 1,304
  • Mazoobi
    Mazoobi Member Posts: 1,555

It's funny how so many players assumed this perk would be terrible during its PTB and look where we are now.

• jokere98
    jokere98 Member Posts: 573

so, balance it for those, who don't bother to counter it?

If every survivor takes care of their item, there is no need to search it, since they can (and should) remember, where they dropped i

• DH3206
    DH3206 Member Posts: 272

To be honest, you can't expect your fellow soloQ teammates to know that. I bet most probably don't know like what 50% of the killers perks do.

• Neaxolotl
    Neaxolotl Member Posts: 1,474
    edited July 5

Pretty nice noobstomper, probably even needs a full rework, not a buff, not a nerf

Post edited by EQWashu on
  • TerraEsram
    TerraEsram Member Posts: 650

You are so biaised… It work with franklin and work with every add-on who force the item drop… Or, you never try it, or you know the effect but you don't want your toy beeing touched

• AmpersandUnderscore
    AmpersandUnderscore Member Posts: 1,599

The arguments of 'it takes two perk slots' and 'it only works in combo with one other perk' are completely disingenuous and irrelevant here.

Those same arguments applied to buckle up and background player and those perks were nerfed because the synergy was considered too strong. Background player is literally useless unless you combo it with something.

• Pulsar
    Pulsar Member Posts: 20,775

A couple of times, yeah.

I generally pair it with Franklin's since I don't mind not running 4 slowdowns.

• Caiman
    Caiman Member Posts: 2,548
    edited July 9

BGP is far from useless. Even without a flashlight or toolbox, it's also good for pallet saves.

Post edited by Rizzo on
  • Nightram
    Nightram Member Posts: 143

I understand your frustration. But it's not needed to be nerfed. It is pretty counterable. As long it is on a outside map. A bit stronger on inside maps, but not too bad.

I have played lots of matches with franklins and weave with other perks. And mostly survivors don't know how to do against this. This is pretty new. But there are survivors who knows to bring the items to edgemap.

Btw Object of obsession counter this. Both you and the killer see eachother infinite if you are inside the weave range.

• KaTo1337
    KaTo1337 Member Posts: 528

Here is my personal solution:

If you bring an Item and you find out that this perk is in play, remove your item to the edges of the map. That way, the Aurareading-Radius is as minimal as possible.

• Xyphus
    Xyphus Member Posts: 139

I'm running Object of Obsession.. Couldn't care less about Weave + Franklins

• Rogue11
    Rogue11 Member Posts: 1,408

Sure, a perk combination having the highest kill rate by a mile across a variety of killers has no significant implications at all. I'm sure you would feel just as skeptical about a new survivor perk having even a 60% escape rate!

• Rogue11

If the only way killers won't run 4 slowdown perks is if they have infinite perma wall hacks on multiple tiles, perhaps slowdown perks are too strong?

And it feels so fun and interactive to invest a bunch of bloodpoints in an item and add ons, bring it into a match and find that you immediately have to dump it in a corner or lose. It would feel just as bad for killers if survivors had a perk combination that instantly deleted whatever add ons were brought into the match.

• TerraEsram
    TerraEsram Member Posts: 650

I know how to "counter" weave, but it's not as easy you say

An area of 24 meters where your aura is revealed to the killer without cooldown, it's insanely huge
    Add this than with this perk, you got two bug, first one, some chest and some first item who get drop let the area of the perk permanent (so even if the survivor take back his item, the effect is always there) and, strangely enough, the aura of the item dropped by franklin are not showed to the survivor

So, even if you get some map like the game or whatever, a ground without grass or ######### like the swamp, you can alway find easily the item, but otherwise, no

And it's just blatant lying from you to say that "this perk is bad" you know how it is powerfull to always getting an big area where you can always see the aura, a zone where survivor cannot hide, where in some map, it's practically 1/4 of the map itself, and where you can see on different floor the aura

Knowing where you can find instantly a survivor, is one of the best regression perk, because you are always chasing, always making pressure, and if you got (not really) lucky, you can mindgame pretty easily the survivor who CANNOT mindgame you, because is aura is always seen by the killer

Playing with wallhack on all the game, it's all it is

• Rogue11

The kill rate is 5% higher than the next closest perks, most of which hover much closer to what the devs consider balanced, and 23% higher than actually balanced. That's at least a kilometer.

• Rogue11

You didn't make any that were worth refuting but ok. Kill stats for killers vary more based on differences in skill requirement than perks that are used across all killers. This makes perk stats a more accurate reflection of strength than individual killers stats. 5% above the cluster of other perks, 13% above what the devs think means balanced, and 23% above actually balanced is absolutely significant. That's what is called an outlier, an anomaly, an overpowered stupid perk combination, etc.

From a gameplay perspective its stupid to have a major portion of the builds one side brings to the match be completely deleted by these perks. If survivors could do the same to a killer's add ons we would never hear the end of it.

From a swf/solo perspective, its massively unfair to solos. With a swf the first person to drop or pick up an item can communicate it to the entire team. Not to mention, being able to pinpoint for a teammate where the item was dropped. As solo, you get to play Marco Polo with the perk icon, all the while revealing your aura and wasting time looking for where Dwight dropped his medkit.

• ReverseVelocity
    ReverseVelocity Member Posts: 4,037

I don't think Weave Attunement is miserable to go against, it's just that Franklin's is so damn annoying with how fast it eats your charges.

• ReverseVelocity
    ReverseVelocity Member Posts: 4,037

I mean, yeah, but there comes a point where a perk becomes TOO annoying for the other side. Does Franklin's cross that? I don't know, I just personally hate it with a passion.

Fun for the other side is always part of the balancing when it comes to dbd. Things that are really unfun generally get attention.