Around 20 lesser used perks are getting changed this fall - what's your wish list?

2»

Comments

• VomitMommy
    VomitMommy Member Posts: 2,259

Kinda sucks with how many new perks are trash too...

Well, that's the issue when you release more bad perks than good / decent ones.

I have no idea how Undone got live. They have statistics on missed skill checks, so it had to be clear it's going to be useless.

• Raccoon
    Raccoon Member Posts: 7,690

Fire Up - I'd love to see it at 5% per token, include Exit Gates for a potential 7 tokens, and also provide 2% hit/miss cooldown reduction per token.

It could be a fun/fair comeback/catch-up perk :3

• Beaburd
    Beaburd Member Posts: 998

My problem with Hunch is it's not on-demand and I can't control when I get the information.

It's fine and dandy early in the match, but picture when there's 1-2 gens left, 1 dead, and we need an aggressive boon near the objectives? Not exclusive to, but especially when it's a harsh totem map like Midwich.

Those are the scenarios where good boon placement and totem info is needed most, but Detective's Hunch is unfortunately useless there. I need the totem to help get the gen, but I need the gen to proc my perk, so I can boon a totem to help with gen - it's just a frustrating cycle that deters me from the perk entirely.

It gets even more annoying when you have a vague idea of where a totem is from Hunch (yay!) but someone cleansed it without your knowledge sometime throughout the game. I'm embarrassed to admit how much time I spent looking for a broken totem once LOL

So yeah, now I just use green maps + red twine when I want to boon.
    Though I deseparately hope, one day, there will be a perk for on-demand dull totem aura reading so I can stop worrying about needing the item/add-ons.

• VomitMommy

It's fine and dandy early in the match, but picture when there's 1-2 gens left, 1 dead, and we need an aggressive boon near the objectives?

You get to see all totems during the match, so that's just about memory. It's not difficult to remember generic location, so you at least know where to search. Not like totems are hard to find...

Teammates cleansing/blessings totems are an issue for all those perks, no?

• jesterkind
    jesterkind Member Posts: 7,607

I don't think that many are actually trash, but either way, it'd be a wasted opportunity to focus on those instead of stuff that's needed changes for years.

• Beaburd
    Beaburd Member Posts: 998

Maybe it's a personal failing of mine, but I do find it difficult at times to recall the exact locations of totems I saw early on, especially if I'm in a chase or my attention is otherwise diverted when the perk procs. Doubly so on those troublesome totem maps like RPD, Lerry's, Midwich, etc. where it can be hard to orient myself to better understand where I saw those totems relative to where I was standing a few minutes ago, and where I am standing when I need it.

And issues surrounding totem cleansing is general are always a problem, but disproportionately so for Detective's Hunch because you're relying on old information for current and future boon decision making. But that old information can easily become misleading because it encourages you to check general areas you saw a totem before, but it no longer exists because it was cleansed without your knowledge.

In contrast, every other method for totem detection gives you current and up-to-date information on totems, so you don't waste time running around for a broken totem for embarrassingly long periods of time (rip my trauma).

Then there's also the use-case where a killer performs so well early and I want that boon up ASAP to support resets; however, there's so much pressure no one is doing a generator. Another frustrating scenario where, when I really need good totem info, I get absolutely no benefit from Hunch.

Meanwhile maps + red twine? On-demand, baby - no worries.
    I really wish Boon: Illumination, Still Sight, or another perk gave dull totem aura reading in a similar fashion.

• VomitMommy

I always liked Detective's hunch so it basically helped me learn totem spawns even if killer didn't have any hex and information on gens is always handy.

But hey if you want it because of boon, then small game is probably best right now?

I would still use Detective's hunch, because I used to simply remember numbers as if I wanted to make clock system call outs. That's easy for me to find them after it.

And I usually play SWF, so just tell them to not touch totems I want and just tell them location of totem I don't care about.

Overall I think value of boons is way better for SWF than soloQ. Mainly CoH...

• ImWinston
    ImWinston Member Posts: 220
    • teamwork collective stealth & teamwork power of two
    • pharmacy
    • inner focus
    • up the ante
    • cut close
    • cameraderie
    • rookie spirit
    • blood rush
    • better than new
    • boon illumination
    • deadline
    • scavenger
    • parental guidance
    • no mither
    • this is not appening
    • still sight
    • ace in the hole
    • boon dark theory
    • self preservation
    • corrective action
    • premonition
    • mirrored illusion
    • ecc ecc

just close your eyes and take a random Survivor perk....it will definitely need a buff

• Marc_go_solo
    Marc_go_solo Member Posts: 5,112

For Survivor:

1. Teamwork: Collective Stealth
    2. Up The Ante
    3. Deadline
    4. No Mither
    5. This Is Not Happening
    6. Slippery Meat
    7. Plunderer's Instinct
    8. Technician
    9. Spine Chill
    10. Left Behind

For Killer:

1. Shattered Hope
    2. Septic Touch
    3. Territorial Imperative
    4. Predator
    5. Overwhelming Presence
    6. Bloodhound
    7. Hoarder
    8. Insidious
    9. Dying Light
    10. Beast Of Prey

Basically, I want to see big changes to really weak perks, rather than moderate changes to medium perks like Diversion . I

• Oh_deer
    Oh_deer Member Posts: 29
    edited July 9

Both of Thalita's Teamwork perks could be really fun to use (same with blood pact) but they're too restrictive and punishing to be of much use outside of messing around. I think that's really the issue with a lot of perks. They're afraid to actually make anything actually fun to use and not feel like pulling teeth to get things to work.

It's like why can't they just sit down and pose the question: "how can we make this perk fun and exciting?"

instead it's like they sit down and think: "how can we make this perk never see daylight?"

• SleepyLunatic
    SleepyLunatic Member Posts: 408

as someone who uses alot of dance with me and quick and quiet paired with lithe, it can definitely be strong if used correctly.

However you have to sacrifice all your perk slots to make it work lol.

• Blueberry
    Blueberry Member Posts: 13,590

Yeah I run those builds regularly as well and you can get some good mind games games. Just wanting to give them a little bump even if it’s just duration or shortening the cooldown.

• 100PercentBPMain
    100PercentBPMain Member Posts: 780

If that happened I think I'd play Legion and Alien for a week straight

• Kjøttkaker
    Kjøttkaker Member Posts: 77
    edited July 11

Aren't there more than 100+ perks that are considered lesser perks?

• For_The_People
    For_The_People Member Posts: 483

I’d like for the people to have a status notification so the person who is grounded can know I have it and can stop squirming away when I try to use it lol

I’d like the new illusions perk to have less cooldown - I don’t think it’s a particularly good perk against killers and is mainly a meme like pebble - just hope it could be used more often!

I’d like boons to have a different colour from each other or let people know in status icon across map (so people can crawl to it) that it is lit (boon exponential when slugged for example)

• Rudjohns
    Rudjohns Member Posts: 1,963

Visionary needs to become "Batteries Included" for survivors