We deployed a fix to solve an issue preventing players from unhooking, healing or picking up Survivors. Players will need to reboot to see the change reflected in-game. Thank you for your patience!

Still no plans to nerf weave attunement?

2»

Comments

• HexHuntressThighs
    HexHuntressThighs Member Posts: 1,190

First of all i never said anything about it taking two perk slots, I'm just pointing out that the perk by itself is trash. The difference is Buckle up is a solid perk on its own and so is For The People although less so. Weave attunement is trash on its own and does essentially nothing if survivors have common sense.

Honestly I would rather them rework the perk because it is so horrendously bad without Franklins that it shouldn't even exist the way it does.

• Yoshirama
    Yoshirama Member Posts: 339

The perk doesn’t need a nerf, the synergy with Franklin’s does.

• Yoshirama
    Yoshirama Member Posts: 339

And still is an strong combo. Old buckle up was ok, it’s synergy with for the people made it strong. Permanent aura reading is never ok and if their only counter is dropping one of your resources in a corner, we’re having a problem.

• Spirit_IsTheBest
    Spirit_IsTheBest Member Posts: 916

Just put items in the corner of the map..

• GolbezGarlandGabrant
    GolbezGarlandGabrant Member Posts: 960

But the game is being balanced around average/bad killers. I'd go in how but it's off topic.

• bjorksnas
    bjorksnas Member Posts: 5,446

I play both sides and think its both extremely easy to play against and a waste of 2 perk slots and $10 but sure "its strong and im biased" or whatever, im gonna run 4 actual perks instead, such a threat a mid tier killer using half their build for info and item disruption in a vacuum vs thinking for 2s and countering half their build

• VantablackPharaoh91
    VantablackPharaoh91 Member Posts: 584
    edited July 6

Ignore this, I messed up a quote and it didn't post.

• VantablackPharaoh91

It's really easy to bring perks over items, IDK what the issue is.

• Rogue11
    Rogue11 Member Posts: 1,408

"Just never bring add ons bro, idk what the issue is." See how dumb that would be if the roles were reversed?

• Langweilg
    Langweilg Member Posts: 618

I don‘t like playing against it, but the perk is a really cool idea and fair. My only problem is franklins, it shouldn‘t immediately remove charges, there is no way to get your item with charges back without dying.

• VantablackPharaoh91
    edited July 6

Irrelevant critique is irrelevant. You know an addon isn't anything like an item or a power, there IS no role reversal and Survivors can be plenty viable without items, I have lost to people good enough who brought no items. Stop strawmanning.

• Rogue11
    Rogue11 Member Posts: 1,408

I've lost to people good enough who brought no add ons. It's the closest parallel we have and your bias clearly shows when it's the killers items that get insta deleted.

• yukiday
    yukiday Member Posts: 25

It doesn't seem to be friendly to beginners who rely on items. lol

• DH3206
    DH3206 Member Posts: 272

I never said that we must balance the game around average soloQ players. Don't put words in my mouth I didn't say. I just said that a lot of players (mostly soloQ) don't know what most killer perks do and you can't expect people to know every counter to every perk.

I also don't get why you have to put in a random killer in your reply to me, I didn't even mention that killer or any killer.

• HansLollos2
    HansLollos2 Member Posts: 177

I wish that the game would have a big Info Tab, that tells you how to counter certain Perks. Weave for example is really easy to counter.

• Fuzzycube
    Fuzzycube Member Posts: 249

IMO survivors should get a hard counter perk akin to Lightborn but instead it prevents items from being dropped by killer powers or add-ons.

Like Lightborn potentially useless (Even more so really since at least killers can see Flashlights pre-trial) but good to use if you just hate that aspect of the game.

• AmpersandUnderscore
    AmpersandUnderscore Member Posts: 1,599
    edited July 9

I'm sorry, what?

I said it's useless unless you combo it with something, and your response is 'you can use it with pallets'. That counts as something.

• Rizzo
    Rizzo Member, Administrator, Mod Posts: 17,626

Let's keep the discussion civil and constructive, thank you.

• TieBreaker
    TieBreaker Member Posts: 782

Give BHVR some time to look at the perk combo and decide whether it needs nerfing, and if so, find a suitable way to do it without creating useless perks in the process.

Why act like the perk combo should have already been destroyed by now? It's only been like a month or so since it launched. It's not broken, just really strong. Therefore it doesn't need to be gutted within the first few weeks.

• Deathstroke
    Deathstroke Member Posts: 3,472

People don't want it to get nerfed I quess it has won me many games the information you get is ridicious especially indoor maps. On top of that it add ovlivious and slow down I think it's busted.

• Deathstroke
    Deathstroke Member Posts: 3,472

Kllers don't need to only bring 4 slow downs if one compo is nerfed. 2 slow downs has been always more than enough for me. There are other decent perks as well.

• Rickprado
    Rickprado Member Posts: 546

Its funny how people tend to forget that DBD is an assymetrical game an a single survivor should not be strong enough to 1v1 the killer because there is more 3 of them. Killer using 2 perks slots in a build is compromising 50% of loadout. It would be the same as if the survivors would use 8 perk slots to get some value on the match (and some do with the DS + Unbrekable combo). I've faced this combo many times and had no problems putting items in the corners and leaving killers with 2 less perks.

About this combo i still think its a very balanced combo even, specially since only a small part of the killer can benefit from it (mostly who rely on M1 to get hits) and an even smaller part can use well the information it give (killers with mobility).

Lets take a quick example: Deathslinger. Its a 4.4 killer with a anti-loop power that hits with basic attacks. I would say this combo is amazing on Deathslinger? No because although you can use the info to try some cool shots if there is an item near your chase, most of the time you will get info about someone on the other side of the map without having enough mobility to pressure them. It would be better to just use Sloppy, Surge, Pain Ress, Coup de Grace, etc so you can use perks that synergies better with your character.

So, this combo is strong, i won't deny, but require so much to get value of it that i think people are overstimating it.

• Neaxolotl
    Neaxolotl Member Posts: 1,474

At least any of those things are stronger than this useless combo, luckily

• Lixadonna
    Lixadonna Unconfirmed, Member Posts: 145

You just last second swap. Makes the Killer mad and they can't change their Loadout.