We have temporarily disabled Firecrackers and the Flashbang Perk due to a bug which could cause the Killer's game to crash. These will be re-enabled in an upcoming patch when the issue is resolved.

Invocation perks reviving sacrificed Survivors

How do you feel about an Invocation perk that takes 120 sec to cast and that spends one of your hook states to bring all dead Survivors back to death hook state?

Comments

• JPLongstreet
    JPLongstreet Member Posts: 5,802

Interesting idea, but what happens if the sacrificed surv leaves the trial? Does a bot take over when revived?

• HerInfernalMajesty
    HerInfernalMajesty Member Posts: 1,668

Yeah I think that would work out fine having a bot take over.

• Sarrif
    Sarrif Member Posts: 192

I'd say keep it at revive 1 survivor in exchange for one hook state. Being able to revive everyone is a bit too strong though it would be good to encourage killers to not tunnel as much.

• crogers271
    crogers271 Member Posts: 1,759

Problems

1: Bringing back bots I don't think works very well, also confuses the MMR system.

2: Leads to a survivor just hiding out

3: Lessons the impact of eliminations

4: Creates scenarios where survivors hang around hoping to get resurrected, don't, and then enjoy the game less

5: It becomes a single perk that radically alters the game. If seconds after I get my 10th hook as a killer in a game where I haven't tunneled, 3 survivors are eliminated, there is 1 gen left - I probably feel like it's been a pretty good game for both sides. If suddenly three survivors spring back to life I don't think I'd feel it was fair.

6: It extends the game when the game should be ending. If in the above situation 3 gens are left the killer is clearly winning, if the survivors come back all its doing is extending a game that is already decided.

Example: In sports, it's really exciting to go to overtime when the teams are tied. It wouldn't be very fun though if one side was losing and suddenly X amount of minutes were added to the clock.

• KatsuhxP
    KatsuhxP Member Posts: 793

Dbd is for sure not balanced for that, it's pretty normal to get to a kill at 2 gens maybe 3.

What do you think will happen if the survivors gets revived? Exactly, I've wasted my time from 2-3 gens basically and did accomplish nothing. Now of course you could argue that it takes 120 seconds and one person that doesn't do gens, but I don't have the time to defend the basement while I'm on 2 gens, and even with 2 people doing the invocation I have one person at gens and 2 in the basement.

Realisticly I'd probably just tunnel the person out instantly, I'll probably still loose and it's probably not fun for the revived survivor.

• Purple_Orc
    Purple_Orc Member Posts: 226

It's a cool idea and very thematic, but one hook state does not have the same value as a death. The cost would have to be much bigger.

• TieBreaker
    TieBreaker Member Posts: 942

I think something like this would work better as a game mechanic, rather than as a perk. It would be a great way to keep someone in the game, but it should only activate under specific conditions. So it's available for situations where someone gets tunneled out early in the match, but not available if the survivors have progressed the match beyond a certain point.

If it was a mechanic, people who died early would be more likely to stick around after death, knowing there was an opportunity to keep playing.

• AmpersandUnderscore
    AmpersandUnderscore Member Posts: 1,693

I feel like bringing survivors back from the dead is something the game should never do. (Or at least, shouldn't do in a match, they go to the campfire in the lore every time) That's too far for regular gameplay, though I guess a temporary game mode could be interesting for a couple weeks.

Donating a hook stage to a shared pool might be an option, but I don't think the price tag of an invocation is worth even that.

Though admittedly it's hard to come up with anything remotely balanced that would be worth paying that steep a cost. They came out of the gate swinging with gen progress, which is arguably the strongest effect or could've had, and it was/is still considered a killer perk.

• JPLongstreet
  • TieBreaker
    TieBreaker Member Posts: 942

That's true. A bot would be useful in situations where a player disconnects for whatever reason.

• JPLongstreet

Something like the reviver now does everything 33% less efficiently or whatever. Maybe a new "Depleted" condition similar to Exhaustion.

This revival idea I think has potential as a temp game mode.

• JPLongstreet

Imagine that? Gens done, gates get powered, and the killer beats their weapon on a gen until it shuts off and nothing is powered anymore! πŸ€”

• Predated
    Predated Member Posts: 2,976

I can see an invocation removing the most recent hooks on all survivors. But dead is dead

• Royval
    Royval Member Posts: 634

I don’t think you understand how important it is to just kill one survivor. It should never be a system where survivors can come back.

• Laluzi
    Laluzi Member Posts: 6,092

It's an interesting idea, but I don't think I want it in the game. The likelihood that the survivor will have left the lobby and you're bringing back a bot aside, a dead player should remain dead - you shouldn't be able to undo the other side's completed objectives in this way, no matter what you're trading to do it.

• SpitefulHateful
    SpitefulHateful Member Posts: 307

No. There is already a plenty of second chance perks and items for survivors. Slapping survivor revival on top will give bully squads even more toxicity fuel than they already have. When I play as a survivor, I have no wish to assist bullies in the game, so I won't appreciate being brought back. As a Killer, I hate such people having more options to extend the game.

• CountOfTheFog
    CountOfTheFog Member Posts: 2,244

@Nazzzak

This again πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

• Karth
    Karth Member Posts: 190

oh mate one day i hope we have 4 different invocations that you can stack into one like boons

• CountOfTheFog
    CountOfTheFog Member Posts: 2,244

Someone made a post claiming this was an actual perk coming to the game, nobody believed it but it made me laugh so hard at the time that I couldn't breathe. The way he worded the post killed me. It was taken down.

• ChaosWam
    ChaosWam Member Posts: 1,819

I think it could work, as long as the revived survivor is permanently broken on death hook or something. Or maybe even give them a timer for how long they can be reanimated in the trial.

• Krazzik
    Krazzik Member Posts: 2,475

BHVR aren't gonna have different Invocation perks have different durations to activate. It looks like going forward it's just gonna be 60 seconds standard now.

As for reviving, god no that'd suck. VHS had only a single res possible in that game and it got complained about all the time.

• NODD3RS
    NODD3RS Member Posts: 151

You could instead remove one survivors hooks state so if theyre death hook theyre now at 1 hook. Idk if that’s broken tho

• Neaxolotl
    Neaxolotl Member Posts: 1,477

Biggest problem is that, when there is only three players left game is barely manageable, think about it when there is only three players remaining and one is on invocation

• SweetbutaPsycho
    SweetbutaPsycho Member Posts: 255

I mean in its basic form it would be too strong. I could potentialy see it combined with some form of anti tunnel Feature.

Like if a survivor dies in the first 4 minutes of the game with noone getting hooked except for them they can be revived by their Team. This way it might soften the tunneling problem DBD has atm a bit and the survivor actually gets a second chance to play

• Devil_hit11
    Devil_hit11 Member Posts: 8,470

they would never add a revive mechanic to dbd but they could add an extra hook mechanic where you get 4 hooks. the idea would be that you get silver hook stage that if you were hooked, you consume silver hook and hook timer pauses for 60 seconds. there already two perks that do that to some extent.

Reassurance gives +30 second to an existing hook-state

Camaradarie adds a little if someone goes close.

This would just be power-creeped version of both perks.

• Deathstroke
    Deathstroke Member Posts: 3,504

I would be fine with revive mechanic or perk to get one survivor back to life. Getting everyone back would be way too powerful. Requirement should be you have not been hooked and once you revive someone you are on death hook. Killer could counter this hooking everyone once. But I would be very careful adding something like this on the game.

• Pulsar
    Pulsar Member Posts: 20,775

Maybe if it had an extremely harsh condition.

Like, two hook states and Broken for the rest of the Trial if you can survive the exchange.

• HerInfernalMajesty
    HerInfernalMajesty Member Posts: 1,668
    edited July 15

What about 120 sec cast time, one hook state for up to three dead Survivors to be brought back on death hook, and one generator turns off? Too far?

• 100PercentBPMain
    100PercentBPMain Member Posts: 883

Id be fine with resurrecting survivors as bots, whether that be by the killer or survivor

• Pulsar
    Pulsar Member Posts: 20,775
    edited July 15

No.

Even if it were 120 second cast and instant-sacrifice, that'd still be busted.

If it's going to bring someone back, it needs to be one and done. Removes two hook states from the caster, if caster survives, Broken for the rest of the Trial.

Dead player comes back with BT/Haste for standard unhook time at a location furthest from the Killer. They start on death hook.

That's the only way it could be close to balanced, but even then, that's an exceedingly strong perk.