Do we still need the DC Penalty?

2»

Comments

• Nightram
    Nightram Member Posts: 144

If a person use hours and pay for the game. They have every right to play the game just as everyone else.

Some people might have bad weather from time to time to have a unstable internet. And all our freetime isn't something that can be pushed. We all got stuff to do. And people try again and again to play. I want to change less penalty for those players. Have a mechanic where the server know wich is a internet problem. And a manually DC. Then problem solved.

We can agree to disagree and leave it like that. I see your point. And it is a very closeminded way to think. I just want to suggest on how to have less penalty, since we got bots. Who play like gods sometime. It's better to have a bot than no one of one DC.

We can't do anything about plp who die on their hooks. And now we don't lose pips. So we might see this more.

• Emeal
    Emeal Member Posts: 4,898

Amen, if you could make people stop using hook suicide as a way to escape the way, then I think the system would be better.

• KatsuhxP
    KatsuhxP Member Posts: 610

Bots don't fix the problem that this game was ruined, the survivor will probably still loose on a early dc. Just because there are bots taking over it doesn't mean everyone should be free to leave the match because every little inconvinience. You already told the reason they leave sometimes and not a single one of them is right to leave on, it's problem you can fix by playing more or take a break, if you can't stand it then don't play for now.

There's no reason to let people ruin games for free, I saw so many games as killer that would be easily winnable for the survivors if they'd just stay and don't dc instantly it's not even funny.

We rather should fix the penalities on loosing connection or the server dying and increase it, there are way to many people just thinking about themself and ruining games for other with dc's

• EQWashu
    EQWashu Member, Mod Posts: 5,000

Stepping in with a quick reminder to please keep the discussion civil and respectful.

And a quick reminder this is a public discussion board, not a Developer Q & A. While Mandy stopped in and responded to the thread and answered some things, the Forum is primarily a place of public discussion among fellow Forum members. Thank you.

• HaunterofShadows
    HaunterofShadows Member Posts: 4,092

I'm just going to answer the question as asked in the title.

Do we still need the DC penalty?

######### yes

• ZeroEthics
    ZeroEthics Member Posts: 25

You can remove the DC penalty right now. Stop being a quitter, and I promise you'll never have to deal with it again. That is all.

• Gmoore23
    Gmoore23 Member Posts: 193

Honestly I just wish there were some way for the game to tell if you left yourself or if you got kicked off somehow. Depending on the day, my internet can be kinda meh, and I've been kicked out of games just because of that. And then I have to deal with a penalty for DCing when I didn't do it. As a matter of fact, I don't think I've ever DCed of my own volition since I swapped to PC.

• Gmoore23
    Gmoore23 Member Posts: 193

Actually that does make sense, I guess I didn't think about it like that. And yeah, my internet is bad but not that bad lol. Thanks for the response, genuinely!

• vol4r
    vol4r Member Posts: 225

Bots are not good in chase. They were once and got so much worse since.

I believe BHVR kept shadow nerfing them and now they are the same as 50 hours megheads.

• KatsuhxP
    KatsuhxP Member Posts: 610

They wait for you most of the time, it just seems they have to think where they're going after you broke their palette xD

• Nightram
    Nightram Member Posts: 144

A couple days ago, I struggled go get these two bots. They did loops very strong. I was impressed tbh. But got them in the end xD But that took tiiiime.