Please check if your issue has already been reported first!

When reporting a bug, please follow the template provided, otherwise the report will be declined. The information requested is vital to allow us to correctly reproduce and then fix what you are reporting.

PC - animation bug from Weskers ability

Sabzey
Sabzey Member Posts: 2

Bug appeared for me on PC - Steam after Tomb Raider update
Survivor animation breaks after Wesker hits a surv with his ability (see the videos)
Happened multiple times in a game with the Mastermind
Seen on different survivors, not only Lara

Our Wesker desided that this is cheating and reported. Fix this please, so noone becomes a "cheater" on a false accusation =)

Also my friend experienced T-posing on hooks. It was on different maps with different killers. But I don't have a video

4 votes

Under Review · Last Updated

Thank you for taking the time to report this issue, we are forwarding this to the team for their review.

Comments

• rhicks4333
    rhicks4333 Member Posts: 1

Its on ps5 too

• Collectonian
    Collectonian Member Posts: 6

LIkewise, just had it in a match - the Wesker, fortunately, found it hilarious as did we, was laughing till we cried. It did seem to effect movement speed for walking though, so for sure should be fixed.

• Laluzi
    Laluzi Member Posts: 6,065
    edited July 18

Edit: I'm updating this post with new information I gathered today on 7/17, as it looks like BHVR's investigating this, and one of my previous assumptions was incorrect and I've discovered a new glitch since.

After several matches screwing around, I can provide a little more consistency on this bug. The bug will happen if, the first time Wesker uses his power on a survivor, they are at full health (and taken to injured), they are not fully infected (ie, no instadown), and they are slammed against an object. It won't happen if they're thrown into an object and it won't happen if they're 'brushed' with the tentacle as they're vaulting. I'm still uncertain if throwing the survivor but no collision (and health state loss) has any effect on producing the bug.

If the survivor's first M2 hit meets these conditions, they'll be put into the contorted state every time Wesker M2s them in that match. They'll visually remain in this state until they start to heal or be healed (doesn't need to complete) or enter/exit a locker, but Wesker can reapply it consistently, no matter what health state he puts them in, unless he throws the survivor into an object. Otherwise, if the first M2 hit doesn't trigger the bug, they're immune and it will never happen in that match.

If he throws a survivor after they've been glitched, then their animation will return to normal and they become immune to the bug.

Concerningly, in one case, I had both a survivor and myself as Wesker become frozen and unable to move after a slam. The survivor was healthy and uninfected, and adjacent to a wall; no animation played when I collided with him, but the survivor entered Deep Wounds somehow. There was no other survivor he could have collided with, which is the only reason I could think that he'd be in deep wounds. All my controls were immediately and permanently disabled, camera included, and while the survivor could tbag, he flopped on the ground shortly thereafter so I can only assume he couldn't mend.

Stopped playing Wesker after that, because the animation bug is silly but harmless but this one's gamebreaking for everyone involved.

Post edited by Laluzi on