The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

A problematic perk

BoopDaDoop
BoopDaDoop Unconfirmed, Member Posts: 18

Alien instinct came out with the xenomorph (obviously) and when there were two other perks that were more talked about. Ultimate weapon and rapid brutality were both potentially problematic when comboed with other perks or certain killers.

Recently I tried it out and after looking at it I tried it on legion and plague because they're the best at preventing healing. On plague it gave me some easy downs when I had corrupt purge or snuck up on them. With legion it was mediocre because he doesn't need info really and there are better perks at applying oblivious.

Now on plague I liked it so I tried it on oni and dredge. On oni my thought process was find where the survivors were leaving blood and maybe stop the healing or get an easy down maybe 2. It just made me tunnel and slug because if I'm in power I'm not going to let someone close by go especially if they're weakened by oblivious. I didn't like the playstyle it encouraged so I stopped using it. It made snowballing easy and got me ludicrous pressure for free with me getting 2 hook stages on 1 and an easy down on their savior. On dredge it became truly evil. I got a down hooked them and had no info. So I found someone else downed them hooked them and had info on one person the one I just hooked so I tunneled. Then once I had tunneled I got info on the one other person I had hooked. And then I got info on the death hook person killed them and then got info on the other death hook person and killed them.

This perk encourages tunneling unless you are playing a killer that can keep survivors injured. God forbid they have mobility in their power or have powers that tunnel well. This perk needs something changed about it so it doesn't encourage ignoring half the team.

Comments