The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

How do you feel about the new UI changes?

Krazzik
Krazzik Member Posts: 2,475

Personally I… really don't like them. I know some of the dislike is simply having to get used to the changes but I really don't see why they needed to move the customization tab INSIDE another tab, it just boggles my mind.

Comments

• jinxykinz
    jinxykinz Member Posts: 107

I like how the score screen looks (except for the small size of the addons). The other changes I don’t mind, or actually kind of like. They’ll take some getting used to, for sure. I do think the search bar is too big and the images are too small. The whole thing just needs a bunch of little tweaks.

• Nazzzak
    Nazzzak Member Posts: 5,397

Yeah I think it's fine except for the customisation option. I'll adjust but yeah, not a fan right now lol

• danielmaster87
    danielmaster87 Member Posts: 9,060

It all looks visually nice, but functionally it makes no sense. Why wouldn't order of release be the default sort on killers/survivors?

• CosmicScarab
    CosmicScarab Member Posts: 136

Not a huge fan. Primary complaints are the new item notifications now appearing in the character select menu and the new font size in game being too small

• MQu
    MQu Unconfirmed, Member Posts: 9

for any console players, i just figured out - even though the on screen labels are gone, indicating the hotkeys for dailies, friends and settings - they do still work. so you can still hit left on the D pad to get to your dailies, etc.

unfortunately, this does not extend to swapping to the next character in lobby/when leveling the bloodweb, etc. etc. that has just been completely removed.

• MQu
    MQu Unconfirmed, Member Posts: 9

thought i should add some feedback i gave on another post here - the new menu/ui update is terrible on console.

(prefacing to say: i have about 800 hours on console and 3,800 on pc. however after the ue5 update, i've been playing more on console becuz it runs better. ANYWAY…)

this latest UI update removed a ton of QoL items that hurt console players (using only controller) more than PC. as others have mentioned, customizations are now inside of another menu; they removed the ability to swap characters with R/L thumbsticks, which is even worse on controller because you have to move the terrible on screen cursor to move around menus now to go to the next character; and some shortcuts like directional pad to go to the dailies, options, etc. (update: these DO STILL WORK, but they removed the UI text telling you on console, very weird!)

removing some of this stuff from console was a bad move.

additionally, as i also mentioned elsewhere, typically people have their consoles under/near their TVs, and a lot of folks sit on the couch or whatever, not right in front of a monitor like at a desk w/ a PC…so, why on earth would the in game hud have been made smaller and more compact? and this isn't even taking into account accessibility or vision impairment. i already have my settings all to max/largest, etc. on console and i keep having to get up and lean in to read the end game screen.

and i don't even wear glasses! 🙃

• VolantConch1719
    VolantConch1719 Member Posts: 1,211

They did the literal most bare minimum they could have done so they could say they "listened to community feedback". And they even screwed THAT up.

• MaTtRoSiTy
    MaTtRoSiTy Member Posts: 1,849

I am not a fan but not overly concerned either.

What I never understand is why all these companies and companies like Microsoft or social media companies etc, all make UI changes to fix things that aren't broken as if they do it just for the sake of doing it.

I wish they would leave things alone and fix issues that actually matter

• Employed_Adult
    Employed_Adult Member Posts: 6

I am also not a fan. When something isn't broken there really is no reason to "fix" it.

• I_Cant_Loop
    I_Cant_Loop Member Posts: 353

Getting changes that nobody asked for is a very common theme with this game. But player counts remain strong and people still spend a lot of money on the game, so from BHVR's perspective there's no reason to change course.

• Hex_Llama
    Hex_Llama Member Posts: 1,818

Yeah, I don't like it either. I also felt like it wasn't communicated well inside the game. The first time I tried to change my outfit, I literally couldn't find the menu and I was just confused.

I have a feeling they're ultimately going to merge this with the store — in fact, maybe they said something to that effect at some point. I can't remember.

• Employed_Adult
    Employed_Adult Member Posts: 6

Oh sure, I've been around a long time and spent way too much money in my opinion but I love DBD. It's not like a deal breaker for me or game breaking or anything I just preferred it the way it was. I felt silly right after I posted because I went through and actually read everything everyone else said instead of just doing a cursory glance and realized my exact statement had already been made, lol. Thanks for not flaming me. xD

• Deathslinger1of2
    Deathslinger1of2 Member Posts: 130

Leave an upvote and comment to advocate for a revert if you see this ✊

• kosaba11
    kosaba11 Member Posts: 118

So far, I really dislike how you have to filter just to see the ones you own. I like the idea of the characters I don't own having their prices on them, but it shouldn't be the same as the shop UI. The ones you own should always be at the top of the list - it's just tedious the way it is now.