The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Oni is NOT user friendly on Console....(Venting Sorry)

And it shows….I am just venting and I am sorry. There is feedback in here as well, just my thoughts but hear me out…

It feels like….

• You barely make a mistake and you're stunned with your power what feels like for AGES.
  • If its not that autoaim completely makes you miss with a melee attack. (Also give us the option to turn off auto aim please, this is not blackops or call of duty or battlefront 2) I am just hitting someone with a bat
  • You shouldn't be taken out of power when you pick someone up in my opinion. If anything pause it and let you continue it after you hook someone OR dont pause it and just let you keep it until it runs out. (billy can rev up anytime…)
  • You can barely turn with console unlike PC and lets not talk about flicks because they are not possible on Console.
  • There's so much counter to him its insane in my opinion, if its starving him of blood, its pallets for days which yes you can eat but then gens just keep popping, if its not a pallet its a window, if its not that window its another vault….so annoying.
  • PC is way easier to control him on by far and you can tell he isnt made for console by any means.

I want to be good with him on console I really do but I just don't feel like its possible for me at times. Ive tried every build in the book, mindgames, circling loops, and lets not talk about indoor maps.

I really just dont know what to do anymore at this point or how to deal with this beast of a killer. Its frustrating me and it makes me sad that I just cant be good with him.

Comments

• Jay_Whyask
    Jay_Whyask Member Posts: 566

When you're running as Oni holding forwards on the left stick makes it harder to turn.

He runs forward on his own you only need to turn left & rignt.

Aside from that, yeah, Oni is astonishingly bad with a controller. I'm not even sure how to describe it.

It's like playing Mario in any Mario party game, the game itself just hates you.

• MechWarrior3
    MechWarrior3 Member Posts: 2,093

I Agree 100%. After all this time I am not sure why they haven't made QOL changes for console yet. Its horrible playing as him but I want to love him so much.

• TragicSolitude
    TragicSolitude Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 7,131

why they haven't made QOL changes for console yet

BHVR actually keeps taking away basic QOL features that made console more bearable. I'm referring to shortcut keys for actions in the lobby. Accepting a SWF invitation, going from the current character to the next or previous character, there were hotkeys for those actions. It's extremely frustrating that those simple and needed QOL features have been removed for no discernible reason.

BHVR does not understand console. They don't. I'm at a loss as to why, instead of making it better, they've made it worse. And even after releasing DbD on multiple consoles they have continued to make killers that are tailored for mouse and keyboard PC players and absolutely suck on console.

I was extremely disappointed when Oni originally released. He looked so fun on PC, but I bought him and immediately discovered he's not fun on controller. I delete his Daily Ritual when it pops up.

• MechWarrior3

I totally get it. Its really frustrating for sure. My hope and desire would be that Oni too can be adjusted so that Console users can enjoy him.

• UndeddJester
    UndeddJester Member Posts: 2,889
    edited July 18

Ye... short of Nurse, Oni is probably one of the hardest killers on console.

It would be nice if on console they did something similar to what they did with Hillbilly, give us 2 separate sensitivity settings. Our normal look around sensitivity, then the maximum sensitivity when using his charge.

Whenever I play him I have to smoosh my face into a rock and wait for Oni to painstakingly bring his ass around. I see PC players landing hits on me turning around a rock and wonder how that glorious turn rate feels 😅

Post edited by UndeddJester on
  • MechWarrior3

facts!!! Exactly. Some of these killers like oni desperately need some love for console users.

they did such a great job making that happen with my beloved singularity! They can do it with oni

• JPLongstreet
    JPLongstreet Member Posts: 5,730

I describe it as being on a very angry hog and trying to steer with the ears.

• MechWarrior3

Does holding forward make him go faster? Is that why it’s harder on console?

• JPLongstreet
    JPLongstreet Member Posts: 5,730
  • Rauy556
    Rauy556 Member Posts: 41

As a former Oni main on console (P26), my biggest gripe is the inability to perform flicks on controller. Oni without flicks is TERRIBLE! Granted when you're going against baby/low MMR survivors flicks are not really necessary but higher MMR survivors that are aware of the limited demon strike angle will destroy you as a console Oni. Its frustrating because on PC basically 80-90% of loops are outplayable with his power using flicks which is why he's such a high tier killer, but on console by removing flicks you straight up are unable to get downs even with power due to the absence of flicks which lowers his strength by a lot on console. I can only hope they add oni flicks to console one day.

• MechWarrior3

I agree 💯! Spot on! He’s not friendly at all for console. BHVR please make oni playable on console! Too many counters