The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Franklin's and Weave Attunement = Automatic loss of will to try

Rawrbot5k
Rawrbot5k Member Posts: 58

The second I get hit with franklin's it's a big hit to the morale. I don't even run. I get hit, drop my item and stop moving. Try to 4% then let the entity take me. Lightborn removes blinding items, sloppy make med kits useless, and there are so many gen regression perks like yeah we can use a new part but honestly tool boxes have been nerfed into the ground so hard by now not much difference between a grey box and a commodious. BUT hey part of the game right, the reason survivor queues are so long. Solo queue survivors are losing reasons to keep playing this game.

Comments

• Ashy__Slashy3
    Ashy__Slashy3 Member Posts: 18

Tip: Don't bring items or place items in comp corners.

• Nazzzak
    Nazzzak Member Posts: 5,392
    edited July 20

I hear you. Best I can advise is to not equip an item in lobby, as that lessens the chances of the killer bringing those. I've noticed I see it pretty much every time all 4 survivors bring an item, and it's maybe 50% chance of seeing it when there's 3 items. I havent seen it at all when only 1 or 2 survivors bring an item. I've been bringing Resurgence now instead of a medkit, and also a purple chest offering. You could also change to your item last second.

• dbd900bach
    dbd900bach Member Posts: 671

While I understand the frustration, it shouldn't be a match killing decicion for someone. If you lose an item, you lose an item but that doesn't suddenly make you useless as a survivor.

Vice versa you can't blame the killer for bringing Franklin's either because of the past and current state of the game. Swf teams either running 4 flashlights or 4 BNP or a sabo squad to outright make the killer miserable. Franklin's or light born makes that bearable.

This is, however, speaking is casual play. The area where most players will feel more reliant on a perk to combat toxic players.

• ratcoffee
    ratcoffee Member Posts: 1,351

I had queue bonus on killer and my survivor queue was still faster

• Sandt1985
    Sandt1985 Member Posts: 295
    edited July 20

I actually bring it for toolboxes and medkits, the things survivors use when killers arent around. Flashlights never bothered me too much

• Karth
    Karth Member Posts: 190

Bringing every items to corners with this triggers Frank / Weaves 3rd hidden effect: slowdown

i could be usefull sitting on gens but nooo i gotta waste precious time bringing crap to corners

aaaand then theres the peeps that really dont know yet what to do against this. yeah.
    not a huge fan either

• Neaxolotl
    Neaxolotl Member Posts: 1,477
    edited July 20

if it costs 8 slot across entire four of survivors, I'll happily play less addon reliant killer to deal with that, no way I'd take SB, DS, OTR, BT, Reassurance, Boons, lithe, we'll make it, literally any other uncounterable really strong perks over something that can be disabled with one time quick hop to the corner, and still costs half the slot of perks for nothing

• Rogue11
    Rogue11 Member Posts: 1,409

Or it might have something to do with a survivor only chapter having just released

• Akumakaji
    Akumakaji Member Posts: 5,163

This would work as an analogy, if the killer could make the item, that you dropped into comp corner, re-appear on a busy part of the map, ideally with some line of sight brakers, by pressing and holding their kick button for 5s. A little bit of slowdown to reap massive benefits and that takes the other side an unreasonable long time to clean up, again.

• coolgue1
    coolgue1 Member Posts: 108

weaving just needs to be changes to it only activates off the survivor using all their item is all fixed and not off franklins or just make a time on it something

• TragicSolitude
    TragicSolitude Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 7,128

Aw, why thank you 😀❤️ That's probably one of the nicest things anyone's ever said on these forums.

• Rauy556
    Rauy556 Member Posts: 41

Killer aura reading compared to survivor aura reading is entirely different, the latter being way more oppressive as survivors can actively act on aura by making distance consistently while killer aura is still pretty strong but not as strong as bringing slowdown perks.

I'm not sure why you refer to 'boons' being deleted when only CoH was nerfed, the others have not been touched.mean CoH was way too oppressive for only requiring a SINGULAR perk slot (1/16) and had larger impacts than even some meta killer perks at the time. The truth is that a strong survivor perk CANNOT be as strong as a strong killer perk, its not rocket science, 16 perks on surv - 4 on killer, essentially meaning that a single killer perk must be equal in power to 4 survivor perks, you cannot tell me that CoH was weaker than some meta killer perks in a 1 to 1 comparison, let alone a 4 to 1.

OoO was busted, this combo is NOT COMPARABLE at all. For starters it only required 1/16 perk slots to benefit and this was not some meagre advantage it was constant map wide wall hacks. A killer dedicating 2/4 of their perks on this means that it SHOULD be strong but it is also an easily countered combo if survivors think for a second of HOW the perk works instead of babbling online about how its broken.

I will admit that in solo q it is VERY rough since some survivors are just oblivious on how game mechanics work which makes the combo seem way stronger than it is. I will also say that a nice change would be to make finding other survivors' items easier as this would minimize the power gap between SWF and Solo Q when facing this combo as a decent SWF can EASILY invalidate this combo which leaves the killer with only 2 perks for the entire match.

Also, the combo only benefits M1 killers AKA the weaker killers in the game (barring a few), so when you face it you wont be facing a nurse or blight. Also, if the combo bothers you that much, just run OoO for a hard counter.

• Phantom_
    Phantom_ Member Posts: 1,327

Did I say that it should be balanced around randoms? No. Also everyone you verse is a random, unless you're SWF-ing. That statement doesn't even make sense.

As for my post, I went in-depth on what should get changed and why on a different discussion already (not gonna regurgitate everything here, for people to respond with "gitgud" again). Don't make assumptions. If you had bothered reading my entire post I said that I'm done playing Survivor.

I cba with giving anything "time" or waiting for people to get used to x/y/z. Give your advice to SWFs, because those are the only people whose experiences matter to the Devs.

• Akumakaji

I am sorry for the confusion, please learn how to play the game and git gud, biased killer/suevivor main or uninstall the game (I hope you feel a bit more at home now :*)

But for real, it was meant as an honest compliment. These last days I had a lot or pretty fun and nice matches with only a smattering of tunneling maybe the tides are changing? One can only hope.

• Tostapane
    Tostapane Member Posts: 1,613
    edited July 21

I propose a deal then… killers won't have that combo anymore, but in exchange survivors can't stack more than 1 second chance perk (only one between dh, Ds, otr, adrenaline, unbrekable, etc etc) and they strongest addons for medkits/toolboxes reworked (they will be the same on paper, but in exchange they will give you also negative effects, like the ones that killers have... An example Is engineer's fang for pinhead: you can directly remove the healthy state from survivors with the chains, but your Gates will open 50% slower and only 2 additional chains will spawn)... Deal?

• Akumakaji
    edited July 21

@AmpersandUnderscore

The thing is still pretty rough to compare. If a killer had shattered hope as basekit and snuffing a boon actually broke it, CoH would never have felt as oppressive and dealing out wounds made meaningless. In that case, yes, going 30s out of your way to snuff and brake a boon location permanent would have been totally in line. But the truth of the matter was (and to a point still is) that survivors can easily set up a health camp in a far off zone of the map. With a non-permanent solution, and a new boon springing up in its place before the killer comes back from their stroll, expecting them to take this 30s time off multiple times for the killer spot is just implausible. That's not a counter.

I actually never understood why killers Hex mechanic was an actual risk management gamble, with the effect potentially being removed entirely pretty fast, while survivors could boon ad infinitum. Many killer perks, like Coup de Grace, Merciless Storm or Tinkerer have limited activations per match, yet killers were expected from the get go to work and thrive with this limitations, yet it was never even tried with the boons, even thought some four iterations of patches and reworks.

The old CoH could have a place if boons had such a natural limit, like only boon each totem once, yet back in the days I heared survivor complaints in the discussion to always claim that they wanted full usage of all their perks and if a perk couldn't be used anymore at one point during the trial, they wouldn't use it least they played with only 3 perks, ie unable to boon of that at one point had worked through all 5 totems.

Mind you, not ALL survivors talked like that, but it was a point that came up time and time again, so it was a sizable chunk of the population that hated the idea of high risk vs high reward.

Circling back, once you know Franklin's/Weave Attunement is in place, taking the items into the far corner is a one and done slowdown for the survivors, but afterwards the killer can't bring the items back into play. Imagine if, after dropping the items off, the killed could spawn one item at a time at the busy places of the map by standing still and pressing their action button for 6s, like rebooning a snuffed totem. THAT would be busted, and the counter to carry items away would no longer be a viable counter.

On a sidenote, I have proposed a new system of overpowered perks in the past. The idea of this perks is that you could slot them into variable perk slots, and their effect would increase or gaining more and more utility. Like "CoH 1 slot: totems can only be booned once per totem", "CoH 2 slots: reboon snuffed totems" "CoH r slots: maybe double the AoE". Multislot perks could open up so much design space, it's mind boggling, but I should try to make this a new topic ^_-

• Massquwatt
    Massquwatt Member Posts: 418

For a combo that's so absurdly powerful I actually don't see weave/franklin's all that much. I might see it sometimes but for the most part I just see a lot of your typical killer builds really. I dunno I feel like this whole discourse reminds me a lot of Ultimate Weapon when everyone was going nuts over that. Another super strong perk that I never saw all that much either.

• burt0r
    burt0r Member Posts: 4,150

You need to add or quote them in your original answer too. Maybe they haven't seen it.

• TragicSolitude
    TragicSolitude Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 7,128

I am sorry for the confusion, please learn how to play the game and git gud, biased killer/suevivor main or uninstall the game (I hope you feel a bit more at home now :*)

That's more like it. lol

But for real, it was meant as an honest compliment.

My reply was totally sincere :)

These last days I had a lot or pretty fun and nice matches with only a smattering of tunneling maybe the tides are changing? One can only hope.

Really? Nice and fun matches, huh? Weird. Seriously, though, glad you're having fun. I haven't played much since the anniversary event ended, just enough to check out the gen completion bug (which never seemed to help me as a survivor, but which I had to keep in mind late game when I was playing killer).

• Halloulle
    Halloulle Member Posts: 1,263

any survivor that has the perk combo got the aura read. - Easy as that. Idk, but I certainly would take wallhacks over any exhaustion perk.

I also usually play killer add-on less (I might have a hoarding issue…) but I'd still not consider it a viable suggestion.

You also forget that your "quick hop to the corner" only works if there's no gen or gate anywhere near that corner and that it's also telling the killer "hello, I'm in a deadzone now, collect your free hit". It's also not nearly as quick. And if survs don't magically agree on the same corner, killers still have aura read on a huge chunk of the map. - You also get one pretty central free read on the first surv you hit; that item is there and you'll always know if someone attempts to pick it up.

• Halloulle
    Halloulle Member Posts: 1,263
    edited July 21

Tbh, a shack 1v1 mode with a killer bot would probably be more engaging and fun at this point ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

@Rage_In_The_Cage … since somehow the forums decided to not quote the post 🤨

• Rauy556
    Rauy556 Member Posts: 41

It seems you are very hostile and unhappy regarding the game's current state, if so I would highly recommend for you to take a break/play other games and calm down until this game does not invoke this aggressive feeling you seem to carry.