We deployed a fix to solve an issue preventing players from unhooking, healing or picking up Survivors. Players will need to reboot to see the change reflected in-game. Thank you for your patience!

Pls, never add 2v8 again in dbd

Idea of 2v8 mode is wonderful. But again, it's super hard to find a game as killers. I dont know how you can solve this problem. But in the future it may kill and 1v4 mode, because of player spreading.

Comments

• ReverseVelocity
    ReverseVelocity Member Posts: 4,037

I do wonder if the incentives will be increased further at all during the event.

I'm not gonna lie even with +400% BP, I'm not sure if I actually want to play Survivor in this mode (especially solo), you have like a 90% chance of going against a Nurse at this point.

Games with friends have usually been more fun though.

• Rickprado
    Rickprado Member Posts: 546

The problem is the very small pool of killers they released in this mode.

Like, I'm facing Huntress every match i play in this mode that i find strange when i don't hear her lullaby in the map.

• bleep275
    bleep275 Member Posts: 224

I dont think the queue times are a reason to never add this mode ever again. especially when the queue times are because of the modes overwhelming success and the massive influx of people wanting to play killer. its also an optional game mode that doesn't impact the regular mode at all.

bottom line, majority of people are loving it, its incredibly popular. queue times such yeah, but eventually it'll sort itself out as excitement dies down. I want it to be a permanent mode. especially just to ACTUALLY have fun as survivor for once. I refuse to play survivor in regular because its just tunneling and camping. this mode got rid of that.

• Belzher
    Belzher Member Posts: 456

Wouldn't add more characters just bring even more killer players to the mode?

• Jean_Cobra
    Jean_Cobra Member Posts: 114

20 min in queue, and sometine, its 1h to start the game because one survivor is missing, and after that, everyone is eject from the lobby

• TheRivulet
    TheRivulet Member Posts: 21

If you bring a friend, queue times are usually shorter

• bleep275

yeah i only do this mode as killer with a friend. usually 5-10 minutes for us

• Marc_123
    Marc_123 Member Posts: 3,477

It is good it is limited at the moment.

This mode needs some further tweaking.

It is a fast action chaos which is ok but it takes so much from the game away that i think it is getting boring.

Also getting tag teamed is pretty frustrating imo.

And Huntress constant aura reveal is to much.

• Rickprado
    Rickprado Member Posts: 546

It will, but it also will make the survivor experience better as its very boring to face the same 5 killers all the time.

With better incentives and new killers added, i think the survivor experience might become better overall

• YulechkaLive
    YulechkaLive Member Posts: 95
    edited July 30

If you don't like the mode, play the usual mode. What is the problem? The usual mode is always available.
    I and many other people like the mode. Why shouldn't we play it because of you?

• Tits
    Tits Member Posts: 175

The problem is balancing popularity between 2 seperate games. Everyone begged for 2v8 for so long now that its here they mostly want to play dbd 2.0. And killer is allot more popular in that mode because you cant really be bullied anymore and the other killer takes half the stress off your back. Survivors only incentive is the bloodpoints and the occasional fun of chaos. 1v4s currently has almost no reason to play other than if someone doesnt like 2v8 or theres a challenge involving hooks or blinding. Keeping it permanent might damage the killer side of the game as it may be more fun but the que times will keep allot of less patient people away

• pigslittlepet
    pigslittlepet Member Posts: 483

Ah while I disagree with the person who made this post I also have to disagree with you. First off I think 2v8 ques will settle eventually once the novelty of playing with a friend wears off. I also definitely want to see it return again in the future, but, it has definitly affected killer ques in 1v4. They are on average for me 10 to 15 mins. Again i think this will probably settle down with time but to suggest that 2v8 hasnt affected the base mode is just ludicrous.

• bleep275

when I wrote that post…four days ago. The queue times weren’t affected, I was still getting near instant matches as killer in 1v4. Now…four days after writing that…there is an issue there and queue times for killer across the board is a pain.

• ReverseVelocity
    ReverseVelocity Member Posts: 4,037

To be fair to the OP, the introduction fo 2v8 has cooked the queues of the regular mode as well.

Having zero incentives on the regular mode doesn't help at all, I hope they fix that for the next iteration.

• sailthesky
    sailthesky Member Posts: 25

The mode is fine. It just needs to be more blanced. It's the best mode DbD has come up with so far and I hate all the other ones and only played them 1 time. Where as 2v8, I just keep queing up. I started this mode after 3 days of it's initial release and I had a 6 win streak and then after that, things went down hill. I think I've had maybe 4 wins in the span of 5 hours of playing in the past 2 days as survivor?

There is a reason why there is 400% bp bonus and a long Killer Q. It's extremely killer sided and playing Killer is way more fun. The mode has potential and is way better than any of the other modes they've come up with. However, they ruined it with the aura reading perks. Killers quite literally have 2 ways to read aura's and Huntress has 3 ways. Where as Survivors have 1 which is if you get a scout on your team.

Killer Skill Perks: While in chase, a survivor is revealed for 5 seconds and on top of that, if your partner in crime is within 20 meters of you while you are in chase with a survivor you get an added 15 seconds. After kicking a gen, you see survivor aura's within 20 meters for 5 seconds. Huntress: "Team Skill" allows the huntress to see a survivors arura for 5 seconds after she hits someone with a Hatchet.

MEANWHILE……

Survivor aura reading perks are heavily reliant on a "Scout" which btw not many take advantage of. Obviously this isn't DbD's fault for players refusing to be a Scout or even a Medic because quite honestly their dull. However, I'm a Scout all the time and the amount of games where I'm the only Scout is crazy to me. It's the most valuable perk out of them all.

As for Nurse, she's pretty OP in this game mode. If you look at her Innate Skill, it's a long list of things INCLUDING the aura reading perks that every killer gets.

• Increase the length of Blink Attack lunges by 30%. (excuse me?)
    • Increase reach by 30% with each consecutive blink. (On top of the 30% lunge she gets, okay.)
    • DECREASE the duration of Blink Fatigue by 7% (Which means she can blink again pretty fast even if you have distance on her she's right in your face AGAIN)
    • Teleporting within 1 meter of a survivor make them SCREAM
    • Decrease fatigue from Chain Blinks by 65%
    • Increase movement speed during a chain Blink by 30%
    • Increase the duration of the chain Blink window by 0.2 seconds.
    • Decrease fatigue from missing Special Attacks by 0.5 seconds.

On top of that, she has an additional blink (that's 3 btw) if she's 16 meters of her team mate.

Other Survivor Classes

• "Escapist" is only good if you're running the killer, however if you do it for too long - even for just 30 seconds, the other killer interferes and stops the chase. It's enough, but sometimes people don't use it to run a killer, but use it to get away and leading them to other survivors who are on gens. All I see is one person going down within 5 seconds of the match and then I see 2 killer aura's beating the crap out of them.
    • "Medic" well, not many use this class and when they do, they aren't doing what they are meant to do which is healing injured survivors that they can see the aura's of. I have to get off the gen to save these people when Medic is supposed to be doing it. It's not even valuable anyway, but if they were doing the healing etc, other people could be on gens or distracting the killer.
    • "Guide" class is used, and I don't really have anything negative to say about it. I see gens light up so it means they are doing their job as a guide.

This game mode would be great if it had 0 perks and reliant on Killer Powers only and Survivors having "Items" that they start out with. Items should be limited to only 2 people able to have flashlight for instance, 2 med kits, 2 tool boxes (with Brand New Part) and 2 Maps (with the ability to see generator when used and other survivor aura's) with no chests in the game.

The aura reading is my main issue with this mode and it's always been an issue to me in normal mode as well. But in this mode, there is way too much of it.

No one wants to be on survivor because it's not fun at all. Since it's been almost a week now since the game mode has come out, Killers are teaming up to take 1 person out and I'm seeing 3 cages at the same time go up with survivors in it because of the lack of ability to escape it or escape in general. Sure there is gen rushing, however Survivors have no choice in the matter because being in chase isn't fun because 9/10 times the other killer interferes or the killer aura reading stops you from playing mind games with them. The fun part of being Survivor is the chase and when that's not possible, what do Survivors have that's fun?

• YulechkaLive
    YulechkaLive Member Posts: 95
    edited August 2

This is expected and understandable. This always happens when something new and interesting appears. People want to try this instead of the regular mode. After some time, the part will return to regular mode and new players will come as well.

I myself am already returning to regular mode, because I get bored with the same killers and locations in 2v8.