We have temporarily disabled Firecrackers and the Flashbang Perk due to a bug which could cause the Killer's game to crash. These will be re-enabled in an upcoming patch when the issue is resolved.

Why can't we just enjoy the damn mode?

Barley
Barley Member Posts: 13

Everyone is constantly arguing about 2v8. Which I find annoying. This mode is intended to be fun. Not constantly argued about. I'm quite excited about if it re-releases with all the killers, so I can play Freddy in this silly fun not intended to be too serious mode.

Comments

• NekoGamerX
    NekoGamerX Member Posts: 5,279

ok that reason for playing killer whats survivors? they can't easily bully both killers.

• NekoGamerX
    edited July 27

I'm saying is not fun for killers because they can't get into a match (long queue times)

what are survivors reason for not having fun? they they can't easily bully both killers or genrush even tho I seen gens pop fast just like in the normal mode.can't be long queue times because for survivor pretty much instant.

• NekoGamerX

well I played a few matches as killer and I normally split up it the smart move only group up and chase together if I see the other killer having hard time or there less survivor or less gens left.

Killers who group up and chase together at the start can easily be gen rushed.

as survivor at the start I normally group up till 2 or 3 gens get done then split up

on either side I'm having fun but some are not I like to know why…..

I'm also playing solo in this mode and get out more then the normal mode.

• humanbeing1704
    humanbeing1704 Member Posts: 8,973

outside of killer it’s pretty dull there really isn’t anything gameplay wise added to survivor in this mode

• Barley
    Barley Member Posts: 13

Oh. That all makes sense. Thanks yall. I mean I feel killer queues aren't that long. Sure longer than normal but it isn't very long for me.

When does this happen? In all my games I haven't been slugged at all.

• scottydoggie
    scottydoggie Member Posts: 37

BHVR did say that we should bare with as it's a new game mode, it's not going to be perfect at launch - it's something they will continue to work on providing it's popular enough to be a permanent addition to the game

I think any critic in regards to 2v8 is valid - as long as it's respectable then it's fine..

• kosaba11
    kosaba11 Member Posts: 119

People wouldn't be complaining if BHVR actually thought the mode through. It's just not fun. I'm glad you're having fun, but the mode is dog crap. All the problems the normal game mode has was just amplified with 2v8.

• HamsterEnjoyer
    HamsterEnjoyer Member Posts: 710

Idk what matches youre playing but I have never felt for one second in this mode that it was similar to the normal even when chasing independently. I think you're all being FAR too harsh and atp basically hoping for the modes downfall

• SkeletonDance
    SkeletonDance Member Posts: 327

I'm having fun so far. The only issue I have is slugging with this mode, but overall I think 2v8 is quite balanced. I also thought that 8 gens is too low, but honestly seeing how close the gens are to each other I think it's fair

• mizark3
    mizark3 Member Posts: 2,252

The launcher is right there, on your PC/console. These are the forums, where we whine, moan, and cry about everything. The fun is in the game, the salt piles up here.

• Yggleif
    Yggleif Member Posts: 188

The forums have convinced me people will do whatever they can to be miserable.

As for me oddly enough I think 2v8 is more balanced than regular DBD in a weird both sides are so outrageous that it balances itself out kinda way and I've had huge stomps in both directions. I just hope they add more classes to survivor and I can play Hag on the next iteration.

• danielmaster87
    danielmaster87 Member Posts: 9,164

Yeah, this is a time to be figuring out the different classes, strategies, etc. Not all this crying.

• Neaxolotl
    Neaxolotl Member Posts: 1,477

Everyone has the rights to complain when a mode supposed to be fun mode isn't fun for them, I don't see any problem at all

• Assassin97
    Assassin97 Member Posts: 35

Some people will just complain about everything, doesn't matter what it is, try to ignore them.

• TragicSolitude
    TragicSolitude Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 7,249

These game modes are beta tests. In one of BHVR's recent streams they said they'd be making changes to 2v8 with each iteration. They need feedback from players or else all they have are numbers. Data doesn't necessarily tell them the "why," just the "what," and it's a combination of those two things that help them track down problems in gameplay design.

• IIITweedleIII
    IIITweedleIII Member Posts: 1,007

There's Definitely genrushing. If only a few survivors care to do gens and get out, gens are swiftly done. Only 2-4 survivors need the skill to run the killer's. While the rest do gens. But.....

Doing gens is Theeeee MOST Boring thing ever in DBD. And most times, you que into trials with a buncha scaredy-cat survivors that the split second that hint of a heartbeat goes off, they crouch off. As well as those ultra altruistic survivors instantly run off a Gen to go for a rescue. The incentives for survivors is crap. Screw others unless you're friends. Even in that, some friends screw over each other because there's those who take this seriously and those who high in euphoric laughter having fun with friends. This whole game has cliques of sub-types of a multifaceted gamers that don't mesh with the rest.

Hell is Other Players.