The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Can’t invite/join friends after cross progression

aimeemorley16
aimeemorley16 Member Posts: 3

I can’t join or invite friends since cross progression, says the party doesn’t exist or they don’t even come up on my friends list

10 votes

Need more info · Last Updated

Hello, can you provide additional information such as screenshots or a short video? Thank you!

Comments

• Cadinho
    Cadinho Member Posts: 10

I have the same problem, doesn't recognize any of my Xbox friends when I'm on PS5 and when they try to add me again a error message appears

• Tunneler
    Tunneler Unconfirmed, Member Posts: 1

Same problem. Im playing on Xbox and after enabling cross progress, I can't invite/join friends' party if I try to accept or join it gives an error "invite could not be accepted"/party do not exist, but my friends who have not enabled cross progress can join and invite without any problems.

• purpl3_girl
    purpl3_girl Member Posts: 1
    edited July 25

I am also experiencing this issue. Merged my accounts from PC Game Pass to Steam. My only two friends still on the PC Game Pass platform can see me as "Online" and not "In Game." We have attempted to delete each other. My friend on PC Game Pass is unable to send me a friend request. When I send them a friend request, they do not see it and it does not appear in their "Pending" requests. I have no other issues with friends on any other platform. Please advise, devs <3

Post edited by purpl3_girl on
  • Skillfulstone
    Skillfulstone Member Posts: 678

Similar thing on Xbox, can't join or invite friends (the friends list is all messed up and is missing people and showing people that aren't there) and I haven't even done anything relating to cross-progression myself.

• Heartless_Onryo
    Heartless_Onryo Member Posts: 5

Here’s my follow up. I marked the pictures with which platform the screenshot was taken on, the green circle is everyone I friended on Xbox.

Xbox Picture (green circles): shows my Xbox friends, I don’t show all the names because the list is too long but they are all there

PS5 picture 1 (blue circle): shows that the online section of my friends list is empty

PS5 picture 2 (green and blue circles): shows all my Xbox friends as “pending” requests

It’s also worth noting that the only way I’ve been able to play with my friends is by making our lobbies public, meaning on both platforms the game does not see us as friends despite having each other added on Xbox at least. The only friends this does NOT affect are the ones I added through Dead by Daylight itself. We’ve tried unfriending and refriending multiple times but to no avail.

I hope this breakdown made it easier to understand, has anyone else noticed this pattern with your situation?

• Cadinho

My situation is exactly the same that you showed in the pictures. I tried the same, unfriending and friending again, but it doesn't work.

I guess we just have to wait them to solve, the problem is that I sent a ticket to the support two days ago and still no answer...

• sabugd
    sabugd Unconfirmed, Member Posts: 14
    edited July 26

hello I'm explaining to you a bug that I had in the game, since I did the cross progression, my contact requests are bug I'm explaining on PC I have 87 friend requests when I delete them and I restart the game it comes back and on playstation I am 3 and it does the same thing to me

• Dr_Original
    Dr_Original Member Posts: 2

how would making lobbies public allow you to play with them? I linked Microsoft store with my Xbox account and when I play on Microsoft store it doesn’t recognize my Xbox friends in my friends list and no matter what we do we can’t join each others lobbies when they’re on Xbox and I’m on Microsoft store. So there some join lobby option in game I’m not seeing?

• sabugd

the friend system is poorly done it needs to be reworked

• Heartless_Onryo

the reason why public would work is because the game does not recognize you as friends and by default, all players have their lobbies set to friends only. So if you want to play with your friend until they fix this major bug, make your lobby public (them too depending on who invites) and invite each other like normal

• Cadinho

Almost one week and no answer on the ticket I sent to the support about this...

No answer on this post as well. I really like the game, but they don't even care about their players

• sabugd

me too i send ticket but no anwser

• t0xicttv9609
    t0xicttv9609 Member Posts: 2

Dead by daylight/Bug report - issue

I synced my steam to my Xbox for cross progression a few days ago, it hasn’t been letting me join or play w my friends since. We’ve restarted the game countless times and still doesn’t work

• JusticeZERO
    JusticeZERO Member Posts: 173
    edited July 30

Same, only one of my several friends that cannot join or invite. I play on xbox series X and i've recently cross progressed my Steam Account + Xbox Account.

Thanks

Post edited by JocelynAwakens on
  • JusticeZERO
    JusticeZERO Member Posts: 173

Same, I'm the only one of my several friends that cannot join or invite. I'm also the only one that has enabled cross progression. I play on xbox series X and i've recently cross progressed my Steam Account + Xbox Account. When on xbox series X all my friends in the DBD party UI are grayed out for the "Invite" and "Join" option.

• sabugd

the developers have to take its bugs seriously because I would put more money into this game

• Cadinho

It's impossible to talk to the support... No answer here, no answer on my ticket to the support as well

• sabugd

i have no answer me too

• Cadinho

Did anyone solve it? I wanna play with my friends from Xbox 😭

• sabugd

no this game was bugged

• tfreak10108
    tfreak10108 Member Posts: 2

Same issue on Xbox. Invites fail every time. I switched my lobbies (in settings) from ‘Friends Only’ to ‘Public.’ Fixed the issue.

• sabugd

I feel like he doesn't care,

• Cadinho

I still can't add my friends from Xbox, and still no answer from support... I'm not even playing the game anymore because most of my friends play on xbox

• sabugd

I think you can delete the game because they won't do anything for you

• SteviePeepee
    SteviePeepee Member Posts: 1

Same issue. All friends from Xbox are now pending in Microsoft store version of the game. Can't cancel to request, it just returns them all to pending even without requesting as friend again.

• Heartless_Onryo

support offered me the temporary solution of turning off cross play and re-enabling it and turning my online status off on both systems. I don’t know what they mean by the second one but if you guys want to try these solutions, let me know if it works out

• xion346
    xion346 Member Posts: 1

Had issues with a fellow PS5 friend would either say invite expired or party doesn't exist we are both on PS5. Is this a big that's yet to be fixed?

• Cadinho

Still no fix, still can't play with my friends from Xbox, so I'm not even playing the game anymore. I tried talking to the support and they didn't help

• jcrankin22
    jcrankin22 Member Posts: 3

Just linked my accounts today and can no longer play with friends.

• mclazyj
    mclazyj Unconfirmed, Member Posts: 1

So I can confirm that I have the issue as well, and it started after merging all progression. I have Xbox, Steam, Microsoft Store version, PS5, and Nintendo Switch platforms, all merged on the BHVR website. However, when I try to join a friend's game, it blows up and says Invitation Not Valid or not joinable. I have been able make it work if I remove someone from my friend's list on the Microsoft Store version, and then resend a friend request. But the next time I try to join them, it breaks. I will try the private to public party thing to see if that makes a difference.

https://youtube.com/clip/UgkxVQdGka_iyRv-BexKc6KNYk2-izpb3eke?si=1u53kZgE4tLHB67p

• Akita
    Akita Member Posts: 2

I still can't see my friend in lobby though he is there for sure. We both are from xbox. Does anyone know how to fix this issue?

• Heartless_Onryo

for now both of you go to settings → online → party privacy and change it to public. The game doesn’t register you guys as friends basically despite being added so this is the temporary fix I use

• Akita
    Akita Member Posts: 2

We both have public in settings and it still doesn't work: ( I also noticed that now I have 2 accounts with the sem nick but with different hashtags. What does it mean, why is that?

• circularcube
    circularcube Unconfirmed, Member Posts: 2

Experiencing the same issues described above with my friend as well. Hope they fix this soon.