The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Pig buffs going to the wrong way

Backmon
Backmon Member Posts: 236
edited July 30 in Feedback and Suggestions

Instead of buffing ambush (very boring and not unique power cause many killers have similar ability) developers should focus of buffing what makes her unique - bear traps. For now they almost useless and make no threat or slowdown at all. Many people on the forum said that Pig tunnel them with active head trap instead of going for someone else. But they ignore the fact that traps became useless and only good for bloodpoints. So tunnel person with active trap is only way to play pig right now if you want to win. To reduce the tunneling and make pig more fun and unique her bear traps should became actual threat and alternative kill mechanic (and not passive game delay). So there is changes that Pig desperatly need:

• 6 bear traps basekit (8 with addons)
  • rule number 2 basekit
  • reduce timer to 1 min 30 second
  • timer should not stop in chase
  • perks for more harder skillcheck should work on saw boxes
  • pig should see her own boxes

Comments

• Backmon

About timer yes i forgot to mention if reduce base timer - longer search and timer reduce addons should be removed. And maybe they create a little slowdon but they no longer a threat cause you can remove trap without it being activate and pig have a much harder time to intrerrupt you (after her aura nerf and ultimate weapon nerf).

• UndeddJester
    UndeddJester Member Posts: 2,890
    edited July 30

Personally I feel Mandy is in a pretty good spot with her recent changes.

The thing with her RBTs is they are highly game changing depending on the trap pattern you get. The Pig is all about turning the game into an effective 1vs3, and using that pressure at the right moment can put the survivor team in a lot of trouble.

A good Pig who can identify trap patterns, especially when they identify a 1 search on the first trap is the most dangerous kind of Pig...

The problem with Pig is little like Oni; she needs her first chase to go well, otherwise the game can easily slip irreparably out of her hands... and unlike Oni, she doesn't have the potential to snowball out of control on a nasty slugging spree to recoup the damage if she needs to. This means good survivors can cause her a whole heap of problems that having more RBTs won't fix... in fact if you hit her chase and give her more RBT pressure, she'd struggle even more to get them out at higher levels of play.

For this reason I feel like making her more potent in chase, where she can get her traps out more consistently is a good move personally. She's in a comfortable spot right now:

• She's weaker in chase compared to other killers, but she still has new tools where she still needs to be respected.
    • Her inherent slowdown affords her a lot of leeway to bring perks and add-ons to shore up the weaknesses in your own game style.
    • Even at the highest levels, few survivors track headtraps to the same degree as a very experienced and skilled Pig, and fall for her pressuring at the right time.

She isn't top tier, cause she doesn't have enough tools to really crack down on a strong looper, but her power does need to be respected ^🐽^🤘

• Langweilg
    Langweilg Member Posts: 777
    edited July 30

I agree the coolest part about pig are her traps. While I‘m not against buffs for other parts of her kits, her traps should never be nerfed just to compensate them like they did last time. Things I would like to see:

• Box auras back
    • Trap timer reduced by 10-15s (without nerfing the addon)
    • Huntress lullaby works for boxes or they make the skill check addons a lot better
    • Faster crouch speed (without nerfing the addon)
    • Smaller terror radius(like she once had: 24m) to make stealth better
    • Better addons
    • Faster charge of the ambush basekit (without nerfing the addon)
    • (Bringing back how the box search used to work, where every survivor had a physical key, but to prevent afk-killing there should be a fifth box and that the fourth box guarantees the key)
    • Pig can hide in a locker and ambush out of it (might be useless for some of you, but I would like that)

About your suggestions: I think 1min and 30s is far too less and the timer should stop in chase. Rule number 2 and 6 bear traps would be cool, but they would need to adjust the search rng, otherwise her traps would become a lot weaker.

• Backmon

Agree. I forget to mention one more thing. Give us Mark Hoffman outfit

• Langweilg
    Langweilg Member Posts: 777
  • Backmon

But thats my point. On hight mmr bear trap slowdown almost unnoticable and thats why she being genrused. Mostly times bear traps is removed on 1st or second box plus to this a very generous timer and timer being stop in chase and you can tell why her power need a buff.

• UndeddJester
    UndeddJester Member Posts: 2,890

Yeah, but you have misunderstood a key part of her power... the first survivor removing their headtrap on the first box is when Pig is at her MOST dangerous.

Pig traps always take 12 searches overall, so if the first trap is a 1 or 2 search trap, from this point on, the Pig KNOWS her next 3 traps are gonna be some combination of 3,4,4 (or 2,4,4 / 3,3,4). This means that if she gets a live trap out, she knows the trapped survivor cannot afford to waste any time getting a trap off, otherwise they run a very high risk of their head popping, and exploiting this can create a very dangerous amount of pressure.

If at this point the Pig gets another survivor on hook, and downs another survivor within that window (suchbas one going for the save), there is only 1 survivor who can go for the save. Whatever the remaining survivor chooses, that's a free hook stage. If the head trapped survivor instead goes for the save, and has had any slowdown in reaching boxes, there is a very strong chance she has a 4 search trap on them, and a very high possibility of popping that survivors head.

As I say, the thing with Pig is at higher levels getting her traps out is the challenge. 6 traps doesn't mean anything if you're already struggling to get 4 traps out, which is not an inconceivable problem in high MMR. Her chase buffs mitigate that problem, buffs to her RBTs don't...

Buffs to her chase encourage her to use the pressure her RBTs grant her to help put the survivors in a game losing position. If you nerf her chase and buff her RBTs, you only really allow her to camp and tunnel to get pressure.

... and even in her current state, you ask any high tier player, and they'll tell you that they tend to get frustrated at the fact a Pig with certain add-ons can make it quite likely their head pops on a 4 box search, to the point they want her RBTs nerfed even more (and we had to argue tooth and nail to prevent that last PTB).

• Backmon

I can agree for buffing ambush cause now its like weaker version of chucky dash

• Luigifan64
    Luigifan64 Member Posts: 1,121
    edited July 31

This is so wrong, buffing her traps is such an awful idea even before addons come into question. Her traps are a pure passive slowdown mechanic, and that's the part I enjoy as a pig main. It lets me not run slowdown perks at all and focus on dash addons because said dash is the most fun part of her kit. Her dash should be the main focus of her addons and any reworks/buffs, not her traps. Her traps are in a perfect spot right now, discouraging the awful, unfun way people would (and still try to) play her as. Some of the trap related addons can be kept, but things like Double Gears, Annotated Plan, or Rusty Attachments are so pointless because of how they could be used to hold much better (dash related) addons.

Personally I'd like her dash to have more movement, currently it's hard to dash backwards without specific tile setups or flicking your mouse back and fourth, both of which waste your total dash duration. Also reworking some trap addons to things like "after initiating a dash or uncrouching extends your undetectable by 3 seconds" would be so fun for her imo. She's a stealth killer at her core so play into that more; hell, bring back her 28 meter Terror Radius like how it used to be, it was the perfect radius for Whispers before it got nerfed to 32m.

• Neaxolotl
    Neaxolotl Member Posts: 1,477

Buffing traps can suddenly make her S+++++ tier, as her trap is already quite strong as is

It's nice to have but must be carefully done

• Skitten56
    Skitten56 Member Posts: 383

Instead of buffing ambush (very boring and not unique power cause many killers have similar ability)

Strongly disagree with you. Her ambush power is incredibly fun if you get good with it and learn how to do things like moondash. Her power is unique from Oni Billy and Chucky in that it gives you such more more freedom of movement. To me ambush is what defines her power just as much as RBTs do.

bear traps. For now they almost useless and make no threat or slowdown at all.

Strongly disagree again. They provide a ton of slowdown. Survivors not only have to run around the map which takes time, they also have to interact with 12 boxes in total without add-ons. This is very useful slowdown for the killer. Not only that, if the Pig wants to spend time to pressure survivors with a trap, the killer can have a good chance of making them die to it. This comes at the cost of reduced pressure but that is the balancing trade off.

To get a RBT headpop with the current mechanics either the survivor misplays by wasting time with an active trap or Pig has to actually pressure them. Some might think this is bad but it is actually healthy for the game and encourages good skillbased gameplay. Survivors shouldn't die to pure RNG and killers shouldn't get effortless kills. It is a delicate balance and BHVR has gotten it inot a good spot atm.

In my opinion, the Pig buffs BHVR has recently given us have gone 100% the right way. They can't buff her RBT directly due to the balance I mentioned in the previous paragraph. They can't buff her ambush directly too much without making it too strong and giving it free hits due to its high freedom of movement. The only bad thing was when BHVR tried to lower the duration of the trap timer which would have been a massive nerf. Since they rolled that back there is no big issue I have with how they have handled Pig lately. It would be great if they increase her crouch movement speed to 4.0 m/s as an extra QoL but I wouldn't support direct dash buffs or RBT buffs right now. Buffs need to be more subtle which advanced Pig players can use in higher MMRs to get an edge but won't make her oppressive or have a large impact in lower MMRs.

• Uotsumi
    Uotsumi Member Posts: 215

I think the crouching Pig's camera should be a bit higher.

Surprisingly, her eyes are positioned lower than Twins Victor's.

This change will make Pig less frustrated by grass filling up her FOV, and also make her ambush attacks easier to use, helping her end chases faster.