We have temporarily disabled Firecrackers and the Flashbang Perk due to a bug which could cause the Killer's game to crash. These will be re-enabled in an upcoming patch when the issue is resolved.

Dude, is this game dead or something?

Grigerbest
Grigerbest Member Posts: 1,630
edited August 2 in General Discussions

So I got back to the game after a VERY long break in hopes to play a ton of it, and I just can't find a match neither 2v8 or 1v4.

I was waiting more than 10m.

Anyone even playing survivors? What happened to this game?

I wasn't been able to play yesterday, and same now.

Post edited by Grigerbest on

Comments

• Grigerbest
    edited August 2

Welp, I guess my plans on playing dbd were canceled. Great.

Going back to my previous activities… I'm not willing to sit in q for more than 10m, we have TCM for it.

• OnryosTapeRentals
    OnryosTapeRentals Member Posts: 1,002

Not dead, the playerbase is just split between two separate modes currently, which is wreaking havoc on queue times. Frankly, the wait times for anything other than 2v8 survivor are totally unacceptable and they should end the event early IMO.

• Grigerbest

Can they do that?

I've seen it said "5d on 2v8 event". Is it gonna go away after 5d?

Besides, they (Developers) should've thought of that before implementing it. Such q times just actually making the game unplayable, it's just way too long, I'm not even sure that my actual match is gonna be longer.

• HaunterofShadows
    HaunterofShadows Member Posts: 4,092

Yeah once the events over, your q times will be normal so yeah in approximately 5 days, you be good

• NekoGamerX
    NekoGamerX Member Posts: 5,279
    edited August 2

yeah people want this mode to stay in the game might as well be a dead game at this point..

• OnryosTapeRentals

Is it gonna go away after 5d?

Yes. The event is time limited and ends on August 8th. Which couldn't come soon enough, because I'd actually like to be able to play DbD.

Besides, they (Developers) should've thought of that before implementing it.

Totally agree. Anyone with a reasonable degree of foresight saw this coming. It's obvious we don't have the playebase to support concurrent modes, particularly ones which need 10 players per match. Why they decided to go ahead with this is baffling to me.

it's just way too long, I'm not even sure that my actual match is gonna be longer.

As soon as my queues became longer than the actual matches, I stopped trying and switched games. No point wasting time waiting around in lobbies.

• Grigerbest

Thank you for answers guys!

Just a shame that exactly yesterday I just got excited to come back and play the game and I couldn't find a match because of the event. -_- At least my excitement haven't fade away, I will wait until this event will end.

Really? No shot. I don't like that this 2v8 is highly restricted in terms of characters. I would've try it, but I don't want to wait for so long, not worth it (to me).

Thank you again guys! Cya, have a nice evening\day!

• OnryosTapeRentals

Pretty much same experience here. Either everyone knows what they're doing and the generators fly by, or you're just solemnly watching 7 teammates do nothing. Also, I just don't enjoy being chased by two killers. There's really nothing you can do if they sandwich you at a loop.

The class system underwhelms me too. The only two that are engaging are Escapist and Scout, although the latter doesn't get very good BPs if you use it properly. Guide and Healer are important for getting objectives done, but their abilities are so passive and uninteresting that I'm not surprised noone in my lobbies is using them.

• th3
    th3 Member Posts: 1,844

I know pretty much everyone I am friends with who play survivor have only played this mode for bloodpoints. I hope there's a distinction on people playing survivor in the new mode for the uninteresting gameplay or for the 400% bp bonus.

• 100PercentBPMain
    100PercentBPMain Member Posts: 883

It's the other way around; it's not that survivors don't want to play, it's that too many people want to play killer and no amount of incentives will change that

• AbsolutGrndZer0
    AbsolutGrndZer0 Member Posts: 1,427

I am a Pig main, so I am completely bored with 2v8 and as others have said, the queue times in regular are longer than actual matches, not to mention the Healing challenge in the tome is broken so I can't even grind through survivor side to get those done quick so I can quit.

• NekoGamerX
    NekoGamerX Member Posts: 5,279

I'm playing it for BP and the event tome pretty much almost done I wont touch it again.

• Zakon05
    Zakon05 Member Posts: 185

Guide is only good if you're able to consistently hit Great skillchecks. It doesn't provide any other noteworthy benefits. Its passive effects are extremely negligible.

If you are good at hitting Great skillchecks, though, PLEASE play Guide.

Overall though I'd rather have a Medic on the team than a Guide who never hits a great skillcheck. And I'd rather have 4 Escapists and 4 Scouts than a Medic. But I would definitely sacrifice Scouts for Guides who can hit great skill checks.