The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

No DC Penalty for players who are in a match where the Dedicated Server stopped responding

I have been getting this message quite frequently and a lot of other players do too. Look at the Steam forums, Reddit, YouTube, and even here.

If the "Dedicated Server is not responding; Disconnecting..." message is triggered, then no players who are still in that match should get a DC Penalty.

Some of the complaints are old and it looks as though there's no hope, at least not yet.

Therefore, an exception should be made anytime that message activates until / unless a solution is found.

Comments

• OnryosTapeRentals
    OnryosTapeRentals Member Posts: 959

This issue has been plaguing me for months. I think I first made a thread on it last year and am very displeased to see absolutely nothing has been done to resolve it.

With the abundance of reports on social media, it’s clearly an issue on DbD’s end, so why we still get a penalty for it is beyond me.

• HavoCwC
    HavoCwC Member Posts: 4

I've been in contact with their support team and they've been trying their best to figure out what is going on. I have sent them my logs, many many videos of evidence of it happening.. They're trying their best it seems but a lot of it happens to be them thinking it's on my end. I told them the exact day it started which was the Unknown chapter that came out. Ever since then, this "Dedicated server is not responding; disconnecting…" keeps coming up and disconnecting me. They thought it might be from the Dead Hard perk or tomes related to that, but I don't use that perk and haven't for years. They had me try a lot of things and I just got disconnected for the 3rd time today with an hour ban. It's so frustrating.

• ReverseVelocity
    ReverseVelocity Member Posts: 4,195

Y'all are getting penalties for that error? Whenever I've had it I've gone back to the lobby without a DC.

At least I think, that might just be the 1 minute timer running out before I hit the main menu.

If it's giving penalties then I agree, they absolutely need to add an exception for these cases.

• mizark3
    mizark3 Member Posts: 2,219

Like you said in the 2nd line, the issue is the first DC penalty done by the time you can actually get back to queue up again after reconnecting. It is obviously visible when you had to DC to avoid a bleedout in a prior match, and the minute timer would be less than the 4 the Killer was obviously going to waste of your time. Then the server DC forces you to wait (5m?). (It happened to me a while ago, but I haven't been playing enough to get hit by it recently.)