The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

2v8 Hostage Situation?

stanheights
stanheights Member Posts: 18
edited August 3 in General Discussions

I had a game today in 2v8 that lasted about 40 minutes because the killers wanted to slug the last three survivors for the 8k rather than cage so no one would get hatch. However, they were unable to find and down all three survivors at the same time and due to basekit unbreakable, the slugged survivors would get up by the time the killers found the last person. This resulted in an endless cycle of survivors getting slugged and getting up over and over. The survivors attempted to touch gens when they’d get up, but it just wasn’t possible to get 4 gens done in this situation.

Would you consider this holding the game hostage? Either way, this sort of behavior shouldn’t be have any place in a party mode that’s already having a difficult time getting survivors to play. Personally, I stopped playing for the day after this and I’m unsure if I’ll play the game mode again. How could this be addressed? I’d love to hear everyone’s thoughts on this ☺️

Post edited by stanheights on

Comments

• Neaxolotl
    Neaxolotl Member Posts: 1,477

Killers are still progressing the game by lowering your bleedout timer without doubt

• crogers271
    crogers271 Member Posts: 1,713

It's not holding the game hostage. It's silly on the part of many people, and in the game in general is something that shouldn't be possible (i.e. the devs should address it), but players are allowed to go for max kills and they're allowed to hide for hatch.

• stanheights
    stanheights Member Posts: 18
    edited August 3

I see what you mean, thanks. How could this be addressed then if they were to bring the mode back in the future? Insta-cage downed survivors maybe?

• Neaxolotl
    Neaxolotl Member Posts: 1,477

Honestly, basekit unbreakable mostly addressing this as is, but if it's really necessary insta cage after like 5 seconds wouldn't really hurt

• Exor
    Exor Member Posts: 256

• Marc_go_solo
    Marc_go_solo Member Posts: 5,120

Insta-cage is what I'd go for. If it's meant to be a fun mode, then they need to remove as much of the stuff that isn't. The slugging put me off. I paired with one killer who did this and I just kept stomping them into cages. The guy got pissy afterwards, but I just said that I don't think it's fun, the survivors don't think this is fun, and it's just not challenging enough to slug everybody - it's easy mode for kids.