The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Going back and forth on a slug is bannable?

PatchNoir
PatchNoir Member Posts: 600

I noticed that it is a trend to "roast" on the other player such as teabagging, pointing and such. But meanwhile provocation like a t-bag is to get the "heat" as a strategy, is other things unsporstman?

Like hitting people on hook, slugging and "fking" (the back and forth) until the last second, just to hook and extend as long as possible the roasting?

Im curious because this started a discussion on the FB group, with some people saying its bannable, or not bannable, or depends. I do not see anything bad with nodding and roasting a bit tbf

Comments

• MechWarrior3
    MechWarrior3 Member Posts: 2,093

No.

• Huge_Bush
    Huge_Bush Member Posts: 5,261

it’s cringe but it’s not bannable.

• kitsch1
    kitsch1 Member Posts: 11

its not bannable as the only thing to get you probably banned it hacking, and sadly with the new update coming sluggings gonna be more prominent

• Phantom_
    Phantom_ Member Posts: 1,327
    edited August 4

As many above have said, it's not bannable.

Post edited by Phantom_ on
  • Tostapane
    Tostapane Member Posts: 1,613

It isn't and honestly i'm surprised that people could get angry for just moving back and forth... I personally consider a lot more irritating things like tbagging, pointing and purposely bleeding survivors on the ground when you have hooks at your disposal (unless you want to slug for chasing the last survivor or you are trying to pressure survivors, forcing them to leave the gen in order to pick up their companions... in that case it's more than understandable)

• Brimp
    Brimp Member Posts: 2,879

If we keep making rules to stop players feeling to get hurt then we wouldn't have a very interesting game. Given that if you don't like the treatment you're getting… just tab out or look the other way from your screen.

• steezo_de
    steezo_de Member Posts: 1,196

I notice that I get it a lot when I play Thalita. More so than any other character.

So, the people bringing up sexual harassment as a thing, it makes sense. I always laugh at it because I usually deserve it.

AS A PLAYER! I generally "BM" a lot, but I can see how people would get offended by it once they know the meaning.

• OnryosTapeRentals
    OnryosTapeRentals Member Posts: 958

The BM did not fall out of a coconut tree and exists within the context of everything that comes before it

This is so bad taste. Who opens a comment about SH/SA with a TikTok meme? Like what.

• GoodBoyKaru
    GoodBoyKaru Member Posts: 22,734

So, fun fact, I have been through the situation described and therefore I make jokes because I have not fully moved on from it, despite it occuring near enough 7 years ago. Forgive me for making the joke, it's the easiest way I have of talking about the subject.

• PatchNoir

your talita is beautiful bro, thanks for everyone that answered

• UndeddJester
    UndeddJester Member Posts: 2,889

... Am I the only person that thinks it doesn't look at all like what it intends, and instead it just looks really dumb, to the point of being almost funny?

I genuinely barely even register the intent at all, and just watch them waste an extra 3 seconds making themselves look like a complete idiot...

I know other people have real life horror stories for themselves or the people they care about that may make this hit different... but honestly, I really have to squint and lean to the side for it to look even remotely like the intent... and it still looks like such a weak attempt to force that idea, that I just can't take it seriously…

• Phantom_

It's not about feelings, it's about what the action implies. Hence why it is being done in the first place.

You have:

A. The killer in the power role and,
    B. the survivor in the victim role. Downed on the ground.

I'm not going to describe more because I don't want to get kicked out of the fog, but you can't deny what the above stated implies.

Yes, it is walking back and forwards. Yes it is just movement and it's all pixels on a screen, but the MEANING behind it is there, no? If not, why the fork do it then?

And you should try to be kind to others, it's really not that fckg hard. But fact of the matter is that most people playing this game are a bunch of dudebros, about whom I have nothing nice to say without getting hauled outta here by the Entity itself.

I almost always get the walking back and forwards whilst playing female characters and as Tubarão. As Leon, Chris or Carlos I only get nods or hit on hook.

• Akumakaji
    Akumakaji Member Posts: 5,163

If you dig really deep, the whole teabagging thing has its origins in the humiliation of the other players character, who lies broken and defeated at your gaming-avatars feet, while it purposefully lowers its crotch on their face, like dipping a teaback into the hot water and back again.

Various Halo games even had special features where this was played for laughes and the dead character models face would react by looking and orienting itself to the other characters crotch.

Since then, and outside of Halo, t-bagging has lost most of its offensive connotation and more evolved into the direction of "flipping someone off" or "hahaha! Take that!", but one should not forget the origins of the t-bag. Claiming that one if harmless, while the other is uncomfortable and unsettling, is kinda disingenious, when killer players have reported hurt feelings and anger at the humble t-bag since this games inception.

I am not arguing for the humping, btw, I think I never did it myself and don't see any reason to, but BMing from the survivors to the killer seems to be taken as a given and harmless fun, so I wanted to bring this to the table.

In the end, most of the time I can laugh a t-bag off, but sometimes it really gets under my skin and I could flip the table. Thats usually when I know to stop the game and maybe go outside, touch some gras and reconnect with nature (or go to the river, its just a 5min walk from where I am living). And the humiliation of the defeated party seems to be deeply ingrained into the human psyche, so we probably can't do anything about it, besides some hard measures that would kill the spirit of the game.

BTW, you know what could help at least a little bit with punishing mean, BMing t-baggers at the exit gates? Thats right: a new general killer perk named "Just Leave"

"Just Leave" - a survivor who lingers for 40/30/20s at the exit gates area without healing a teammate will get exposed and the exit gates will block for them, until they move further away then 40m from that exit gate. While exposed, their aura will be shown to the killer, thus reducing the ability for survivors to grief the killer and waste unneccessary time.

• PatchNoir

yeah i go into that way of thinking too, a couple nods and bags hurts no one, but its pretty boring when they slug hump you all the timer, to hook last second is super cringe. Also when the entity kills you the humping gets more real

• Akumakaji
    Akumakaji Member Posts: 5,163

Fr, some peeps do it for the whole 4min? oof … I only ever saw it like 5s, then a nod and then they either hook you or leave and let you slugged.

• Brimp

Once again that is about feelings. Topics don't get brought up sometimes because some person not might feel comfortable to talk about it. I just don't see people direct this whole energy towards tbagging when BOTH actions' origins are from the same place.

• Phantom_

Pot calling kettle? Your point is about "feelings" as well, seeing how you seem to be allergic to them? You do get that anger, pettiness, frustration, agitation are all feelings as well right? Not just people not wanting to get humped for 4 minutes on the ground by someone who has nothing better to do with their life.

Besides no one here might be directing as much energy towards teabagging, because that is not the topic of discussion here. Have you not seen the forums being filled with umpteenth posts about teabagging in general? If not, go dig around.

• Brimp

Yours was feelings mine was calling out the people who don't direct the same energy towards tbagging. Either way if you don't like the action suck it up. If you get offended by it then it's not your type of game if the communities that way.

• Halloulle
    Halloulle Member Posts: 1,263

Just fyi: if a game's stated goal is inclusion and not some gang-like "suck it up and if you can't gtfo" then bringing up and addressing offending things is what you're supposed to do. Looking at history "sucking it up that a community is that way" has never ended well.

• Phantom_
    edited August 5

No, my initial post was about the action and what it implies, but apparently you can't read lmao. IDC if someone does that to my character, but I have enough emotional intelligence to understand how it can seem to others and how it can make them feel. This is a community game and BHVR has stated multiple times that they're all about inclusion NOT exclusion.

Post edited by Rizzo on
  • Khastrx
    Khastrx Member Posts: 125

It's all about context I think. If you had a great chase with a killer and finally they got you, maybe they'll shuffle on your downed body little bit, that's alright it's just egos nothing major. Though I had one recently that a killer did it until I bled out, seriously, they stayed with me the entire time just shuffle my body, now that was a bit much. Alas this game has toxic players just like any other so it's nothing new, just move on to the next match.

• Pulsar
    Pulsar Member Posts: 20,775

This is a reasonable and logical take and I can't find any holes in it, so props to you.

• Krazzik
    Krazzik Member Posts: 2,475

I mean its no different than tbagging, both are simulating a sexual act to demean the other side and lord over them with your superior skill. If one is bad, both are bad.

• humanbeing1704
    humanbeing1704 Member Posts: 8,949

hopefully not

Simple bming should never be a bannable offense that would be ridiculous

• drsoontm
    drsoontm Member Posts: 4,580

That's what it means?

I've seen a video from a streamer where the killer was doing that. It made no sense.

If players doing that had more than three brain cells, they would die of shame.

• Gmoore23
    Gmoore23 Member Posts: 193

Couldn't have said it better myself. WSing, hum*ing, whatever you wanna call it, it's dumb and not worth the minimal effort it takes to do it. It's the same with teabagging imo but still.

Also, just to cover my bases, I put the * just in case the full word gets bleeped out. Idk if it would but I'd rather play it safe. Anyway, that's all, be good people out there!

• Thusly_Boned
    Thusly_Boned Member Posts: 2,876

IMO it's far and away the most cringe of the all your common BM actions, which is saying something because they're all pretty cringe.

It's not bannable, but doing it does render you uncool for life and will likely prevent you from ever getting laid again.

I am particularly careful when picking up survivors not to even remotely approximate this move for fear of being perceived to be doing something so cataclysmically lame.

• tjt85
    tjt85 Member Posts: 836
    edited August 5

Not gonna lie, it makes me feel uncomfortable to see Killers do this. And I can't help but lose a little respect for the streamers that do it too because they aught to know better.

Like a lot of behaviour in DBD I don't like that it's been normalised, but I try to shrug it off as just thoughtless kids who still have a lot of growing up to do and lack the emotional maturity to know any better.

• Brimp
    edited August 5

You can't possibly include everyone. That just doesn't work. Its more like "we include people we want to include" or the overwhelming majority. Also people should know the online environment is hostile. If they can't handle it that's a them issue not a game issue.

• DeBecker
    DeBecker Member Posts: 89

I did not say that this is sexual harassment, I said the movement meaning indicates sexual harassment.

• Phantom_
    edited August 6

I can't take you seriously. Are you genuinely advocating so hard to be able to hump people on the ground?

You're going out of your way to make everyone else think that it's okay. So you can insinuate youknowwhat on a downed survivor for 4 minutes until they bleed out? Really, that is what you're "fighting" for rn? Gamer, come on.

Edit: as for not being able to include everyone, no you can't, but you can at the very least try.

• Brimp

If that's what you think. Honestly it's not that big of a deal and people who do make a big deal of it seem to not spread that opinion to tbagging despite it being the exact same thing.