The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Dracula's Power Level

GravelordNito99
GravelordNito99 Member Posts: 229

Hi guys,

I noticed with the new Vecna chapter that the entity is using "marks of the entity" or whatever they're calling it, in order to seal away the powers of ridiculously strong killers like Vecna and Dracula.

Do you guys think BHVR will have the lore-knowledge necessary to place this mark upon Dracula when he releases? In terms of feats and scaling, Dracula is just around as powerful as Vecna is in their respective lore. They are both multiversal+ level beings.

So, since Vecna had to have his powers largely sealed away, Dracula would have to have this as well.

I'm interested to see what people think about this, and then come back to the thread once the chapter is revealed to see whether the general consensus predicted BHVR's choice.

For me, not giving this mark to Dracula would be somewhat immersion-breaking considering the precedent that Vecna has set. If Dracula does not have this mark, what would stop him instantly killing all the survivors and destroying the entire realm that particular trial is taking place in?

Comments

• edgargarciabe660
    edgargarciabe660 Member Posts: 50

If he is in Vecna's level then he's still no match for The Entity. The Entity exists out of time and space and is not a physical being like them, its more like a sentient dimension made out of auric cells which can destroy entire worlds if it wants to. Vecna is really powerful, but he's not a the level of the Entity, not even a little, since the entity can manipulate both time and space and once inside the realm it can manipulate life and death and even reality and fiction. Idk much about Dracula's lore or power, but as I said, if he's at the level of Vecna, then he can't do anything against a multiversal atemporal being like the entity.

As for the mark of the entity/mark of negation, that is used by the entity to nerf their powers DURING TRIALS, its not because they can fight it and defeat it or can destroy the realm. All that is inside of the realm is now under the control of The Entity, whether it likes it or not, since it is its own pocket dimension and is hence omnipotent in it, basically undefeatable as long as it desires.

• Marc_go_solo
    Marc_go_solo Member Posts: 5,120

It's possible BHVR may consider it, but for me Dracula would just have his powers manipulated in the same way Freddy has.

Vecna is a genuine threat to The Entity, with his intellect probably as much as an issue than his powers. However, within the realms The Entity has muted the magical side because it already found out it could not take Vecna by force, so it understands the danger of bringing Vecna in unhinged. Dracula is not a threat to The Entity.

The devs could use the Mark as a way to mute Dracula's power, but then that creates a lore issue for me, because surely someone like Freddy would have also needed this to mute his power too.

For me, the Mark is used to subdue a threat to The Entity itself, as it's already shown how it can boost or weaken an existing power. Pyramid Head and Freddy are perfect examples respectively.

• Vasyazx
    Vasyazx Unconfirmed, Member Posts: 19

Well Is Fredddy really that powerful ? from what i know most of his power are in dream world

and his power not even his own since it was granted by dream demons so i suppose entity repace them as power source for him

• Marc_go_solo

Freddy has a lot more power prior to the realms, and it's been said that The Entity dumbed it down to restrict his power. Granted, Freddy is no threat to The Entity, but without the alterations Freddy would probably savage all the survivors too easily.

• Chaogod
    Chaogod Member Posts: 135

TBH that mark is very likely part of the deal that Wizards set with them. But Vecna is absurdly powerful and is a literal god who really at his peak could rival the entity.

Dracula is very powerful but I don't think he would need a mark. He tends to lose to the Belmont's who more often than naught are humans in peak physical condition with a magic whip. So it's not difficult to take him down and his spell kit isn't as wide as Vecnas.

• Smoe
    Smoe Member Posts: 2,837
    edited August 4

Except the Vecna we have is pre-ascended Demi-god Vecna, as in this is Vecna while he's still only just an Arch-Lich.

• GravelordNito99

Comparing Freddy to Dracula is obscene. They're in totally different macro scales. Dracula is multiversal+. Freddy is Planetary at a push. it's like comparing the strength of an atom to the big bang.

• Marc_go_solo

Nothing is obscene when the Entity is something so far beyond either of them it's unreal. Notice The Dark Lord doesn't even have the Seal of the Entity like The Lich does? That's the difference in power between The Lich and The Dark Lord. The Entity simply can manipulate at will. Dracula is no different, and I will say that - because of this - Dracula is just as helpless as Freddy is against The Entity.

Dracula has been moulded to what is required by The Entity fpr the trials. It's an inescapable fact.

• Vasyazx
    Vasyazx Unconfirmed, Member Posts: 19

His hand and eye only come existence as artifacts after his ascension tho

• GravelordNito99

Did… Did you actually read my original post…? The reason the mark exists is because the entity is NOT that far beyind them. And Dracula is on a very similar power level to Vecna. Therefore, both Vecna and Dracula should be marked.

• Marc_go_solo

Yes, I did. My response was alluding to the fact that a comparison could be made, because it was illustrating how The Entity can bend the vast majority to its liking, and not saying Freddy and Dracula were on the same level.

In that respect, I don't think you read correctly what I said in my original post - it was all about stating how The Entity controls its Killers amd how it can effectively mold them. Where you got the idea that I was saying Freddy is as strong as Dracula is beyond me. I was just stating the Mark Of The Entity is put upon those who represent a real threat, and why would this Mark be put on Dracula, when he cannot control The Entity?

The Lich has the ability. He already kept The Entity at bay and only entered willingly in order to learn its secrets and one day harness that power. I do not believe The Entity could have taken The Lich otherwise. Dracula, Freddy, The Dredge and so on don't have that knowledge.

• GravelordNito99

You directly compared the two. It isn't really a comparison that works due to the massively different scales. Dracula, Vecna and The Entity are all in a league of their own, and on similar power scales to each other. Freddy is less than an ant to them, so the comparison is strange. If it requires a mark to nerf Vecna, then Dracula should need it too. It would not work in the way it does for Freddy.

I think you're conflating control of the entity with threat to it. The mark is to nerf those who are a threat. Vecna and Dracula are on the same power level, and therefore Dracula would be just as much of a threat to the entity if he wanted to be as Vecna is. Dracula's current happiness in the realm is irrelevant to that, because time passes and people's state of mind changes. The entity would mark him anyway if it has even a basic human level intelligence, because Dracula COULD pose a threat in the way Vecna currently does. They both have the power to do so.

• Marc_go_solo

I compaired the two, in relation to the fact neither are strong enough to beat The Entity, so the Mark Of The Entity, so in that respect it's accurate. There was no mention of them having equal power; that's what you took from the comment. That's not what was meant at all. The comment was all about when the Mark Of The Entity would be used, and why currently The Lich is the only playable Killer "worthy" of it.

If The Dark Lord stayed in the realms for a long time, grew tired and attempted research (which I believe would have to involve uncovering The Lich's library and maybe even working with The Lich), The Entity would Mark The Dark Lord. If it had any worries now, then it would do so now.

Given enough time, there are a select few Killers which could cause issues. The Lich already does. The Dark Lord, The Cenobite are the only 2 others which could in future, and even then I reckon their "Gods" would need to be involved. Of course, that's headcannon and purely assumptive of my understanding of them, but for me The Lich is the only one needing the Mark currently.

Anyway, once again I was never making any comparison to the powers of Dracula and Freddy; moreover stating that The Entity could shape either Killers' powers without needing the Mark to do so - something which only The Lich needed. My apologies if what was written wasn't clear enough for you.